The Student Room Group

Do girls grow up thinking hitting men is OK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yo radical one
The men are 100% to blame

They behave like complete pussies, don't handle the woman's bitchiness well and when she goes too far and slaps one of them, he totally loses it and wacks her then he is the one crying, he is pathetic. His actions led to that outcome honestly

Also it's a TV show where the woman is supposed to behave like a bitch, she is playing a role

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IvmDDCnPKs

If they can't handle it, they really shouldn't have signed up.

Original post by whatsaapppp
lol. Completely agree. But how should he have handled her yelling, insults, bitchiness etc?

Put it this way, if some crazy lady is yelling at you, insulting you and you're looking at the ground not making eye-contact, being all quiet and then you just meekly say "pls...we don't wanna talk with you :cry2:" You've already ****ed that **** up badly.

This is something I noticed about some guys, they either totally go quiet and submissive, or they lash out in the most unreasonable way say by slapping the girl, you know why it disgusts me so badly, because despite being men, they are behaving like women themselves. Honestly if a man hits a woman, he should be forced to wear a dress and maybe have his balls chopped off.

That's the whole point of the TV show, they are supposed to take insults and most of it is scripted. The woman is not supposed to hit the man.

She ended up slapping him because he told her to **** off, and he hit her back like a boss.

He ended up suing the TV show and won.

He won a lawsuit and put that silly bitch in her place. He won.

To be honest you sound like a bit of a bitch with how much you're defending women.
I used to date a flight attendant. I knew that she and her "ex" used to get into punch-ups. I (foolishly) thought the problem was him (i found the fellow infuriating). It turned out, that once she "got to know you" - say 6 months to a year - she'd start pounding on you. This was hard enough to cause clearly visible bruises (through a tee shirt). Having had a few psychotherapy courses at uni, i figured out that what she was attempting, was to get me to respond in kind. Consequently, i refused to "play" her game - and would turn my back and walk off. She wouldn't pursue more than a step or two. After a few months, she told me that "there was something 'wrong' with me, because 'i didn't react right'. As i figured - she wanted me to 'play', and i wouldn't. I found out later that she'd dated quite a few people after she walked out on me, and played the same game with all of them. Apparently, her 'rents' were into that. I was NOT, and was glad to see the back of her. Cheers.
Reply 102
Women are like spoilt children, so we treat them like that and let them get away with some heinous crimes. This is also why we don't believe their emotion-driven allegations like rape, dv etc.

WOW - Rape isn't even a subject you should be joking about.

Go and educate yourself - I used to work for a rape charity and if you were to hear 1 story you would count your blessed.

Please take this type of talk away from here!
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
That's the whole point of the TV show, they are supposed to take insults and most of it is scripted. The woman is not supposed to hit the man.

She ended up slapping him because he told her to **** off, and he hit her back like a boss.

He ended up suing the TV show and won.

He won a lawsuit and put that silly bitch in her place. He won.

To be honest you sound like a bit of a bitch with how much you're defending women.
He's behaving like a mangina because after slapping her he started having his period.
Original post by Sakk89

Go and educate yourself - I used to work for a rape charity and if you were to hear 1 story you would count your blessed.

You don't define the terms of TSR. You're just a 1* nobody with no followers.

Women lie. Big shocker huh?
Reply 105
Original post by obidobi
And that they shouldn't expect the man to hit them back? I mean look at all the movies and shows where women hit men for just about any reason. And not just slapping (which is bad enough), but punching, kicking in the balls, throwing or using objects. It's always seen as hilarious or he deserved it, you go gurrl. Is it any wonder that girls do this irl all the time and most domestic violence is initiated by women?

And when it happens with celebrities, the only issue seems to be ''what did he do?'' (see Jay-Z case). Can you imagine that if the man was the attacker? Or a mainstream show having a lighthearted chat and even laughing about a woman punching several of her ex-bf's as she blames it on ''fiery passion''? Can you imagine them having a pleasant chat like that with a guy who was this ''passionate'' with his female partners?

Women are already more controlling and aggressive than men in relationships , do we really need media to constantly portray men as punching bags and make things even worse? Or maybe guys should hit back once in a while in movies/shows to show girls that :

1.it's not OK
2.there will be a price to pay if you ignore 1.

No one hitting anyone is OK - that's not to say it doesn't happen.

People just have issues - some people have stronger ways to express anger than others.

The whole Jayz thing - I found your point very interesting and you actually opened up my eyes. I never looked at it like that - maybe because of the way society has manipulated our minds.

Usually women tend to be weaker than men - not to say that's an excuse because I know some women who can throw a punch.

I hope the world changes where men and women are equal - one day (L)
Reply 106
You don't define the terms of TSR. You're just a 1* nobody with no followers.

Women lie. Big shocker huh?

Who said I defined the terms of TSR - I just respectfully asked you to keep that kind of talk away from here. Because - yes some women may lie - however some men may also lie to. Generalising is going to get you no where.

Forcing sex upon a woman or a man - is not right. And if you can't recognise that - well then you need help. Before you one day do that to someone God forbid. It's not right.

Point blank.
Reply 107
aww... did you get hurt by a girl?
Reply 108
The majority of sane women do not feel it is okay to hit men.
Original post by Sakk89
Who said I defined the terms of TSR - I just respectfully asked you to keep that kind of talk away from here. Because - yes some women may lie - however some men may also lie to. Generalising is going to get you no where.

Forcing sex upon a woman or a man - is not right. And if you can't recognise that - well then you need help. Before you one day do that to someone God forbid. It's not right.

Point blank.

Calm down, white knight. This thread isn't the right place to discuss rape.
He's behaving like a mangina because after slapping her he started having his period.

[video="youtube;-CYl4EKlykc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYl4EKlykc[/video]

how does this make you feel brah you mad?
[video="youtube;-CYl4EKlykc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYl4EKlykc[/video]

how does this make you feel brah you mad?

He wasn't screaming like a b**** so it's fine.
With a cheeky smirk and razor wit of course

That it's easy for a woman to say, but we all know full well a man can't just hit whoever deserves to be hit.

That's my point, and OP's point.

Original post by Rabbit2
I used to date a flight attendant.

Original post by Sakk89

Original post by lerjj
aww... did you get hurt by a girl?

was this thread started because of revelations by Kelly Brook that she hit two of her ex-partners when she was in relationships with them? watch 2:35 of the video. that's when she talks about it.

[video="youtube;NudNVlWeaJ8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudNVlWeaJ8[/video]
Original post by Maura Kat
was this thread started because of revelations by Kelly Brook that she hit two of her ex-partners when she was in relationships with them? watch 2:35 of the video. that's when she talks about it.

[video="youtube;NudNVlWeaJ8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudNVlWeaJ8[/video]

Punch a man in the face = Good laugh.
I understand what you're saying but I disagree slightly

I'd say it's much more difficult to change social attitudes (which are potentially but not definitely rooted in biology) than it is to change the law, as was the case with first wave feminists campaigning for the right to vote, which like I said is something I will obviously agree with.

Social attitudes have been changed as a result of those first wave feminists. It was normal to think women shouldn't have the vote back then, where as now it is very much a minority opinion. Human societies have been in a state of constant flux since the industrial revolution anyway. Our social interactions are routed in biology, but that doesn't mean they can not change. Also to state some kind of sociological interaction is routed in hard evolutionary/genetic biology is a massive hypothesis that requires a lot of proof. These 'soft' sciences are incredibly messy and not very accurate. You can't just say these things without a load of scientific evidence to back them up.
That it's easy for a woman to say, but we all know full well a man can't just hit whoever deserves to be hit.

That's my point, and OP's point.

In all fairness, hitting someone shouldn't be a solution or a response, but why can't he exactly?
Original post by Maura Kat

I doubt it, she's a nobody

Would smash tho.
Original post by TheCynicalChild
In all fairness, hitting someone shouldn't be a solution or a response, but why can't he exactly?

Because society dictates that women can do no wrong, and men are always in the wrong and must protect women at all costs
Original post by Lulu77797
you are absolutely 100% correct .I know how you feel.Modern age feminazis want equality but they want to have special treatments too.IMO when you hit ANYONE you must expect to get hit back. if a child hits me I am not going to hit him back because he not mature enough to know right from wrong ,now do we have to treat women like children?
Are they not mature enough to know their strength and keep their hands to themselves ? I remember one guy saying "it's ridiculous to say a man can't hit back a abusive woman because he's stronger is like falling from 10 storey building and blaming the concrete ground for being strong" hahaha that's funny but it does make sense.But I believe these feminazi rules apply in the western world only .in other parts of the world men do not hit women and women don't hit men either.tbh it's worse for women in other parts of the world. So instead of defending the right to hit people ,these Feminazis should defend women who are actually victims of abuse

Interesting :3 I thought you were a girl xD why are you saying this ^_^
Original post by vd12345
Interesting :3 I thought you were a girl xD why are you saying this ^_^

I am a girl not a selfish spoilt new age feminazi .there's a difference lol.Its not fair to humiliate and hit a man and expect to get a special treatment .it just isn't fair . To me advocating against domestic violence and saying it's ok for women to abuse men is plain hypocritical and selfish.plus I , as girl, don't want a special treatment because I'm a normal human being with no mental issues .why can't we girls/women own up to our responsibilities/mistakes .Why want others to treat us as if we are immature toddlers .Having a victim mentality 24/7 doesn't make a feminist .Since they are treated equally and even better than men in western world.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending