The Student Room Group

Quick differentiation question

Just a quick differentiation question... For question 16b, the answer in the back of the book is (3/2, -23/4) which I got, but I also got (4,-7) which isn't in the back of the book? Is my last answer wrong or has the book just missed out an answer?
Reply 1
The last coordinate you have there is the coordinate you have been given for the normal to go through. You were asked to find the other coordinate of intersection so your first coordinate is the only answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by thatawesomekid
The last coordinate you have there is the coordinate you have been given for the normal to go through. You were asked to find the other coordinate of intersection so your first coordinate is the only answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that was incredibly dumb of me haha, cheers :biggrin:
Original post by BBeyond
Just a quick differentiation question... For question 16b, the answer in the back of the book is (3/2, -23/4) which I got, but I also got (4,-7) which isn't in the back of the book? Is my last answer wrong or has the book just missed out an answer?

What book is this from?
Reply 4
hi,
can people that do or have done chemistry as level give me recommendations of books to buy for revision. like books that dont give too much information but enough, or ones that help with understanding and dont beat around the bush with the information needed.

Right now use the "george facer edexcel chemistry aslevel book" and find that t doesnt help me at all and doesnt correspond with the markscheme.
thank you
Reply 6
Can anyone help with 24a?
How would you solve it if, say, x=1? Try doing the same for x=p and leave everything in terms of p and simplify.

Quick Reply

Latest