The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jordan_s
Awh bless ya :smile: and a masters? Wow! Engineering sounds amazing :biggrin:

Yeah :biggrin: manchester's amazing in research too (which is what I want to do)

What course did you apply for and what other unis?
Original post by aersh8
Yeah :biggrin: manchester's amazing in research too (which is what I want to do)

What course did you apply for and what other unis?

Yeah Manchester's amazeballs for research! I'm applying for the IPML French and Spanish there, but BA Modern Languages at Warwick, Southampton, Sheffield and Exeter! I would really like an offer from Manchester now please! Haha, have you ever visited Manchester? :smile:
Reply 182
I sent my application two days ago. Got an offer from Warwick yesterday and offers from Newcastle and Durham today. Shocked to have a Durham offer so quickly, given their reputation for taking far longer.
Reply 183
Original post by pitchforkred
I have offers for maths from Warwick, UCL and Bristol, but I haven't even received my confirmation letter from Imperial :/ Relieved to hear that they are indeed slow!

I have an offer for Maths at Warwick too! Congrats :biggrin:
Has anyone heard how fast Edinburgh is? I'm an international student applying to International Relations, and I am not looking forward to waiting for months to hear back from them.
Yeah Manchester's amazeballs for research! I'm applying for the IPML French and Spanish there, but BA Modern Languages at Warwick, Southampton, Sheffield and Exeter! I would really like an offer from Manchester now please! Haha, have you ever visited Manchester? :smile:

Good luck!

No, I've never even been to the UK :P
[QUOTE="jordan_s;50965527"]
Original post by EspDe97

I am genuinely wanting a postcard now. :tongue: You teach yourself German? Wunderbar! I am applying for French, Spanish and Russian for my BA! Super excited!! People tell me I'm crazy for taking 2 language A levels, let alone study 3 at uni! :biggrin:

Haha, I did appreciate the postcard! Yes though I haven't gotten that far, but I do it every day so at least I'm committed :tongue: That's not crazy at all! I applied for a 3 language degree at Sheffield, so Spanish, German and one other beginners language. Now that might be a little crazy! I can always switch to the dual Spanish and German degree though either after the first three weeks or the first year if I find it too hard :smile:

Yes, my Russian is ab initio! And it's a relatively new course I think, only introduced at Warwick last year! And I'm applying for BA Modern Languages @ Warwick, Sheffield, Southampton and Exeter, and an IPML in French and Spanish at Manchester! How about yourself? :biggrin:

Wow that sounds so cool I'm quite jealous haha I'm applying for medicine but I try and keep up with some languages on the side but just for a bit of fun really. Good luck anyway! :smile:
[QUOTE="EspDe97;50968113"]

Haha, I did appreciate the postcard! Yes though I haven't gotten that far, but I do it every day so at least I'm committed :tongue: That's not crazy at all! I applied for a 3 language degree at Sheffield, so Spanish, German and one other beginners language. Now that might be a little crazy! I can always switch to the dual Spanish and German degree though either after the first three weeks or the first year if I find it too hard :smile:

Our degree choices are not crazy hahah :biggrin: And that's a good option if it gets a bit too difficult! Hoping to be able to persevere all the way to 4th year with 3 languages, wish us luck haha!
Original post by WishIHadRevised
Wow that sounds so cool I'm quite jealous haha I'm applying for medicine but I try and keep up with some languages on the side but just for a bit of fun really. Good luck anyway! :smile:

I envy your course! Don't be jealous of me haha, I wish I were clever enough to do medicine!! :biggrin: And good luck to you too!
Original post by aersh8
Good luck!

No, I've never even been to the UK :P

You should pop over for a visit, we're fab and we'll offer you tea and scones!! :tongue:
You should pop over for a visit, we're fab and we'll offer you tea and scones!! :tongue:

I'd love to! Hopefully will if invited to interview for Cambridge :smile:
Have you been to Manchester?
Original post by aersh8
I'd love to! Hopefully will if invited to interview for Cambridge :smile:
Have you been to Manchester?

Oooh Cambridge! :tongue:
And no I haven't, can't afford to pay my own way at the moment! Sad times. :frown:
[QUOTE="jordan_s;50968927"]
Original post by EspDe97

Our degree choices are not crazy hahah :biggrin: And that's a good option if it gets a bit too difficult! Hoping to be able to persevere all the way to 4th year with 3 languages, wish us luck haha!

Haha not at all! :tongue: Yeah I hope I'll be able to carry on with all three but its nice to have the option just in case, I doubt I would've applied for it otherwise. I haven't quite decided which language I would do if I go to Sheffield though, I'm considering Dutch but they offer so many its really hard to choose just one!
Original post by games211
any biomeds put there?

yep, sent off my application on monday, got conformations from 4 (oxford, edinburgh, reading and bath), yet to hear anything from sheffield :/
no offers yet but hopefully soon! where did you apply?
Oooh Cambridge! :tongue:
And no I haven't, can't afford to pay my own way at the moment! Sad times. :frown:

I feel you bro :-/
What about Sheffield seeing as you're applying there?
Sent my application for biochemistry 12 days ago, received an offer from Leeds today so I'd say they're pretty quick! I've also had acknowledgements from Edinburgh, King's and Oxford, and I applied to Manchester but I haven't heard a word from them...making me slightly worried to be honest!
I applied for:

Exeter
Nottingham
Royal Holloway
Bristol
Birmingham

on Monday. Does anyone have any offers from these unis yet or know how long they'd take roughly to reply? Literally the most impatient person ever!
Original post by pitchforkred
I have offers for maths from Warwick, UCL and Bristol, but I haven't even received my confirmation letter from Imperial :/ Relieved to hear that they are indeed slow!

How long did it take from sending your application off to get an offer from Bristol?:smile:
Original post by Stickman
Bristol is pretty quick as well as Nottingham.

Imperial is also quick for my course. UCL was terribly slow and Cambridge, well they have a different set of criteria anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long did Bristol and Nottingham take?

Latest

Trending

Trending