The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I applied for Psychology at Oxford, UCL, Bath, Bristol and Exeter and received my first offer from Bristol yesterday!
Original post by anonwinner
I have an offer for Economics and Politics at Manchester :smile:

Applying there for L100 Economics.Even if I get an offer from Warwick or King's,I still might make Manchester as my firm :biggrin:
I have an interview at Leeds for Fine art with Museum and Curation studies, so preparing for that
Original post by humza0786
Anyone got a reply for medicine yet? Or know when certain unis get back for medicine?

Which unis did you apply to?
I submitted on the 10th & haven't heard anything yet
Reply 384
Original post by AlextheGreat96
Corpus Christi, I like the smaller ones :biggrin: What about you?

Lady Margaret Hall
Reply 385
I've received 2 out of 5 offers so far.. from Birmingham in 11 days and Lancaster in 14 :smile: (Business Management)
Still waiting for Kings,City and Bath.
Original post by nanceheh
Congrats! Omg your uni choices - mine are Cambridge Durham Bristol Exeter Edinburgh and I wanted to apply to Bath too :P
A few of my friends have Exeter offers, just me now... :3

Original post by anonwinner
I have an offer for Economics and Politics at Manchester :smile:

Original post by thomashigginson
I applied for Psychology at Oxford, UCL, Bath, Bristol and Exeter and received my first offer from Bristol yesterday!

Original post by Skill Twix
Applying there for L100 Economics.Even if I get an offer from Warwick or King's,I still might make Manchester as my firm :biggrin:

Original post by Notwinter
I have an interview at Leeds for Fine art with Museum and Curation studies, so preparing for that

Original post by Lucybehn92

Original post by ee123
Lady Margaret Hall

i think user returnmigrant summed it up perfectly.

Original post by returnmigrant
An Offer is not a Place.

Plenty of people made offers will either not make it their Firm, or not meet the required grades in August.

And Universities know this.

PS. You may also find that in the small print somewhere the 100% refers not to people who applied, but Peolpe Who Applied AND MET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COURSE.
Reply 387
My ucas application still hasn't been processed. I sent it off on thursday afternoon.
Original post by Lucybehn92

Glasgow,Edinburgh,Aberdeen and Dundee and yourself?
Original post by Maura Kat
i think user returnmigrant summed it up perfectly.

Well I am not applying by December.True an offer is not a place unless it is unconditional.
Same! But Thursday morning, most likely slow because of the October 15 deadliners.
Reply 391
Warwick offered my friend a place in 24 hours and Bath took 3 days to offer another friend of mine a place.

UCL, on the other hand, took 2 weeks to send me their offer.
Reply 392
Original post by nanceheh
Congrats! Omg your uni choices - mine are Cambridge Durham Bristol Exeter Edinburgh and I wanted to apply to Bath too :P
A few of my friends have Exeter offers, just me now... :3

Thank you :biggrin: Good luck with your application! What course are you applying for? Also, which college at Cambridge? Hopefully you'll hear back from Exeter soon!
I think I got one from Nottingham and Bristol within a couple of days, and King's within a week or so? UCL were slowww, I accepted Kings' offer before I'd even heard back from them.
Reply 394
Original post by Carpe Vinum
I think I got one from Nottingham and Bristol within a couple of days, and King's within a week or so? UCL were slowww, I accepted Kings' offer before I'd even heard back from them.

Wow, UCL was the first offer I got...haha, maybe because I applied to oxford and they'll take AGES to decide..
I didnt hear anything from king's till now though..
and that's worrying me a bit..

Is it normal for King's to decide fast? Or did they just give you an offer with slightly high conditions?
Original post by Huyan
Wow, UCL was the first offer I got...haha, maybe because I applied to oxford and they'll take AGES to decide..
I didnt hear anything from king's till now though..
and that's worrying me a bit..

Is it normal for King's to decide fast? Or did they just give you an offer with slightly high conditions?

I'm not really sure. I did apply really late (end of December I think) so maybe that's why they replied fast? I wouldn't worry, just be patient :biggrin:

What subject have you applied for? If you get a King's offer you should totally accept it over UCL :wink:
Original post by acireric
Got one from Exeter, within a week.

Which course? :colondollar:
Reply 397
Original post by Carpe Vinum
I'm not really sure. I did apply really late (end of December I think) so maybe that's why they replied fast? I wouldn't worry, just be patient :biggrin:

What subject have you applied for? If you get a King's offer you should totally accept it over UCL :wink:

Haha! I applied for Physics with Theoretical Physics..
I hear UCL is more for experimental and King's is more for theoretical..?
i'm still waiting for other universities to reply so let's see what happens! ^^
Original post by AlextheGreat96
anyone got any offers for history yet? Seems to be a lot of maths/science guys getting all the offers :colone:

Yes! :colondollar: Still waiting on Oxford and Exeter! I know the Scottish ones won't reply until next year! :frown:
Original post by maariammk
I got conditional offers from both Kingston University and UCLan in two days. Super fast! Now I'm waiting for the rest of the universities to send me something :banana2:

Hi maariammk,

Congratulations on your conditional offer!

Please let me know if you have any questions about Kingston and I'll be happy to answer them.

Good Luck!

Chloe:smile:
Student Ambassador

Latest

Trending

Trending