The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michele394
I'm one of two people applying to Oxford at my school so i'm pretty excited :biggrin: yeah I have to take the BMAT (biomedical admissions test) on november 5th, so lots of studying this half term :/

Ah, I wanted to do Biomed at ICL but the BMAT put me off (and that they don't do sandwich courses) :frown:
Yeah, the 5th is pretty close :eek: Do you have the practice book?
Original post by Fortauna
Luckily, for English literature there is only one exam because it's so coursework heavy, so resitting both ch1 and ch2 wouldn't be too much for me, but I'm still not sure whether to or not. Good luck in your maths resit! I hated every minute of c1 haha. Yeah I'm exactly the same, transferring to medicine would be awesome but it's not necessarily my goal so I'll just take it as it comes :biggrin: ahh yeah I agree, neurology is so interesting, I also really like pharmacology! Haha I don't blame you, I'm still checking track until midnight every day :colondollar:

Ah, dreaded coursework lol. Is it all written or do you get to read/act?
Yeah, C1 sucked. By the end of the year I had forgotten everything and spent all my time revising for M1 which I literally didn't understand until a month before exams :tongue:
I can still see myself being a doctor but I'm kind of glad I won't need to be studying for the next 100 years to become one :biggrin:
Checking track and seeing no new offers is so disappointing, right? Then I feel ridiculous for checking so often haha.
Original post by BCMFM16
I want to do dentistry probably at Glasgow Bristol Queen's and Newcastle. I've met the GCSE requirements at least.

That's good
keep your head in the books
Original post by michele394
I'm one of two people applying to Oxford at my school so i'm pretty excited :biggrin: yeah I have to take the BMAT (biomedical admissions test) on november 5th, so lots of studying this half term :/

Bmat friend yay
med or biomed?
Guys i need a-level help

I dropped my 4th as and am taking AAB in biology,chemistry and religous studies into a2. My first 5 weeks of a-level have been so hard. Do you think i can achieve atleast AAA at a-level? Is there anyone who took lower grades than i did into a2 and got minmum AAA?

Thanks
Original post by Olscarr
Where did you apply???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Winchester, Portsmouth, 2 courses at Hertfordshire and Bath Spa which is the last one I'm waiting for
Lincoln took 1 day and UEA took 3 for me, just waiting on swansea and reading but feeling hopeful as they've been very fast :smile:
Sent my application off on Monday and got conditional offer from UWE (in Bristol) the next day within 24 hours. Surprised how quick this was :smile:
Original post by Faithams
Ah, dreaded coursework lol. Is it all written or do you get to read/act?
Yeah, C1 sucked. By the end of the year I had forgotten everything and spent all my time revising for M1 which I literally didn't understand until a month before exams :tongue:
I can still see myself being a doctor but I'm kind of glad I won't need to be studying for the next 100 years to become one :biggrin:
Checking track and seeing no new offers is so disappointing, right? Then I feel ridiculous for checking so often haha.

Luckily all written!! I would never be able to do well with acting :eek: ohh I feel kinda foolish for not revising enough for maths, but it's all in the past now. Ahah I'm exactly the same, I'd love to be a doctor but it has it's downsides so I'm sure I'll end up doing whatever's right eventually :smile: haha I can't stop checking track, I just want one offer! Sadly it's down for maintenance until Monday:mad:
GOT AN OFFER FROM LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!! Omggggg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my first offer last night! Royal Holloway conditional ABB for English! Such a relief now I've at least got one...
everyone's getting offers and I'm sat here with a rejection from Oxford Brookes and no replies from my other unis. lol
Original post by JustHolly
Wow well done on Bristol! I've now got another offer from UEA which is unconditional if I firm them... it's such a beautiful feeling, even if I don't firm them :')

Which Bath course did you choose? I went for the 5 Year Msci :smile: You're my competition for UCL! :colondollar:

I got my Exeter offer yesterday as well! I applied for the 3 year Bsc in Psychology. I so so so want to get an offer from UCL!
Original post by caitb97
everyone's getting offers and I'm sat here with a rejection from Oxford Brookes and no replies from my other unis. lol

What did Oxford Brookes want and what As grades did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chem@uni
What did Oxford Brookes want and what As grades did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They wanted BBC for Nursing and I got BBCC at AS. Currently predicted AB and a Distinction* in my BTEC. ah well
Reply 795
Original post by caitb97
They wanted BBC for Nursing and I got BBCC at AS. Currently predicted AB and a Distinction* in my BTEC. ah well

Contact them for reason for rejection?
Original post by Hudl
Contact them for reason for rejection?

Can you do that? I don't want to seem desperate haha. Plus it isn't my first choice so I'm not too bothered
Reply 797
Original post by caitb97
Can you do that? I don't want to seem desperate haha. Plus it isn't my first choice so I'm not too bothered

Yeah you can request for a reason for rejection
Original post by caitb97

Surprised you got rejected!!!
Original post by chem@uni
Surprised you got rejected!!!

Yeh I know. Definitely couldn't have been my personal statement because my sister who got offers from Durham, Edinburgh, KCL, Sheffield and Exeter helped me write it. Also 3 teachers at college checked it and they loved it! oh well

Latest

Trending

Trending