The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kathyikr
I've applied for Teesside and Uclan and although Uclan have got back to me to thank me, I haven't heard anything about an offer yet, stressing out because I have friends who have had offers from Teesside after only a day of waiting. I've been waiting 3 weeks :s-smilie:

Have you received an acknowledgment email from Teesside?
Reply 1381
Durham ! :smile:
Kent took 3 days for my course :smile:
However, My course isn't competitive at all (Politics and Sociology combined)
university of liverpool took a day to give me an offer for actuarial mathematics :smile:
I applied on the 1st October to LSE, KCL, UCL, Sheffield and Cambridge and all I've gotten so far is an offer from Sheffield and an interview at UCL so if you think waiting a week is bad enough try a month and a half. :P
Original post by kiahchapman
That was the one I was waiting for! Annoying waiting as well because it's my first choice. Management, you?

I'm thinking of applying for management degrees next year, do you mind if I ask what grades you got for GCSEs/AS? And which unis have you applied for?
Anyone got an offer from LSE, KING'S, UCL, CASS BUSINESS SCHOOL or WARWICK? (Management)
I got an offer from Warwick within 2 hours but none since and that was Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by acireric
Got one from Exeter, within a week.

Congratz, what course? :smile:
Has anyone heard from Cambridge yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reacher65
Has anyone heard from Cambridge yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite a lot of people have although I personally haven't. I recommend you check out the Cambridge applicants thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand the ucas conversation a few days ago telling us all that as long as your application is in by the deadline in January then all people will have an equal chance of offers. This can't be true as some courses only have about 25 places and if someone puts in their application in September and we don't put it in till December some are getting offers before ours is sent in and this means the 25 places would be filled up....not fair

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bluebells60
I don't understand the ucas conversation a few days ago telling us all that as long as your application is in by the deadline in January then all people will have an equal chance of offers. This can't be true as some courses only have about 25 places and if someone puts in their application in September and we don't put it in till December some are getting offers before ours is sent in and this means the 25 places would be filled up....not fair

Posted from TSR Mobile

They give out more offers than places, some people drop out/dont pick them as firm. So they'll have offers left over by when we choose our firms=places not filled inn
Reply 1393
Original post by mhorton
How long does an offer from Reading normally take on average?

I know someone who got it in less than a week, but it must depend on the course
Leeds Trinity replied the monday morning after I sent of my UCAS on the sunday, Liverpool John Moores was the tuesday, Anglia Ruskin was the Thursday and Bishop Grot was the Saturday. 4 Replies in a week. Hoping for the 5th tomorrow, then the real fun starts!!!

I was applying for Education Studies, and already had my results - so the offers I have received are unconditional. I am pretty set on BG in Lincoln as the course looks best for my current experience - would love to hear from anyone else planning on going there sept 2015!!
I got my first offer 2 days after I sent off my UCAS application. It was from Sheffield for Accounting and Financial Management. It's been one week now and I haven't heard from the other universities yet (Nottingham, Southampton, Birmingham and Durham).

Edit: Just got an offer from Southampton for Accounting and Finance woop! Literally just 5 hours after posting this.
(edited 9 years ago)
5/5,hot offers from all my universities omg

Birmingham City - BBC
Liverpool John Moores - 300 points
Liveepool uni - ABB
Man met - BBB
Chester - BBC

predicted AAB
as CCCU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1397
Does anyone know how long University of Birmingham take to give out offers?
I sent my application around 5th Nov
Original post by tarteeliax
5/5,hot offers from all my universities omg

Birmingham City - BBC
Liverpool John Moores - 300 points
Liveepool uni - ABB
Man met - BBB
Chester - BBC

predicted AAB
as CCCU

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! What course?
Original post by cookieesxo
I got my first offer 2 days after I sent off my UCAS application. It was from Sheffield for Accounting and Financial Management. It's been one week now and I haven't heard from the other universities yet (Nottingham, Southampton, Birmingham and Durham).

Edit: Just got an offer from Southampton for Accounting and Finance woop! Literally just 5 hours after posting this.

Well done you!!

Do you have a particular thing for unis with the word 'Ham' in the name?:')

Latest

Trending

Trending