The Student Room Group

instantaneous center of velocity

Hello,

I have another problem...

I don't know how to start... obviously for the angular velocity w = v/r... but how do we get the velocity at points A, B and C? Can't draw an instantaneous center for them since they are parallel and we don't know the magnitudes

Also how come the upper tire isn't clockwise? It doesn't make sense to me that v is going to the right and the upper tire is going CCW.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by leosco1995
Hello,

I have another problem...

I don't know how to start... obviously for the angular velocity w = v/r... but how do we get the velocity at points A, B and C? Can't draw an instantaneous center for them since they are parallel and we don't know the magnitudes

Also how come the upper tire isn't clockwise? It doesn't make sense to me that v is going to the right and the upper tire is going CCW.

Think about the car moving from left to right. Are its wheels turning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

For the velocity at the various points, think about which direction those points are rotating.

Quick Reply

Latest