The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are white (girls) generally seen as being more attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by radicalboujie
LOOOOL ALL THE AFRICAN CELEBRITIES IN AFRICA BLEACHED THEIR SKIN TO DEATH.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm talking about Africans in general, not necessarily African celebrities.
Some of these comments are stupid its only because you are in a white country that is why you think that go to Africa, Asia and South America and it will not be the same. For people to claim its the media that is beyond me there's clearly a wider pool of white girls in England to choose and judge from likewise in Kenya there will be way more blacks and in Indonesia way more Asians. ITS SIMPLY DEMOGRAPHICS.
Original post by Sulpha
Really plain/average looking but caked in loads of make up.

lol these girls are nasty.

Is there any guys here who would sleep with these girls?
Original post by noorii
I'm talking about Africans in general, not necessarily African celebrities.

But u forget teenagers always want to find a figure to look upto as much as we penalise celebs they are the first one they see and admire. In africa celebs who are black bleach their skin to get famous because white=beauty right, kids buy bleaching creams thinking it's the only way to be beautiful and what made me tear up was when lupita nyongo one the Oscar and she said how she could never imagined a dark skin girl like her to win anything because she wasn't beautiful white. So whatever u guys say tryna make race irrelevant it has 100% everything to do with media and the erasure of dark skinned brown and black women. All races of women and sinner beautiful but we don't see it represented fairly

Posted from TSR Mobile
But u forget teenagers always want to find a figure to look upto as much as we penalise celebs they are the first one they see and admire. In africa celebs who are black bleach their skin to get famous because white=beauty right, kids buy bleaching creams thinking it's the only way to be beautiful and what made me tear up was when lupita nyongo one the Oscar and she said how she could never imagined a dark skin girl like her to win anything because she wasn't beautiful white. So whatever u guys say tryna make race irrelevant it has 100% everything to do with media and the erasure of dark skinned and siad and sand black women. All races of women and sinner beautiful but we don't see it represented fairly

Posted from TSR Mobile

white girls are not always prettier than other race, that's obvious, but generally they are better race
Original post by marklowell96
Some of these comments are stupid its only because you are in a white country that is why you think that go to Africa, Asia and South America and it will not be the same. For people to claim its the media that is beyond me there's clearly a wider pool of white girls in England to choose and judge from likewise in Kenya there will be way more blacks and in Indonesia way more Asians. ITS SIMPLY DEMOGRAPHICS.

Again you ignore how most magazines in africa and Asia white women still dominate the beauty industry. I have no issue with British ppl being attracted to white girls but saying it's a universal trait is my problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ur a racist, all races and shades of women are beautiful, and also acknowledging colonised poor countries also reflected politically and mentally by the harm colonialism left behind. But Gdnight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah go on, I'm a racist and I should be ashamed of myself for saying that white girls are prettier...
Again you ignore how most magazines in africa and Asia white women still dominate the beauty industry. I have no issue with British ppl being attracted to white girls but saying it's a universal trait is my problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I'm from an African households and all the newspapers and magazines that my parents get from their trips to Africa are dominated with black women what are you on?
Sorry I'm from an African households and all the newspapers and magazines that my parents get from their trips to Africa are dominated with black women what are you on?

Ur african please explain whitenicious

Posted from TSR Mobile
But u forget teenagers always want to find a figure to look upto as much as we penalise celebs they are the first one they see and admire. In africa celebs who are black bleach their skin to get famous because white=beauty right, kids buy bleaching creams thinking it's the only way to be beautiful and what made me tear up was when lupita nyongo one the Oscar and she said how she could never imagined a dark skin girl like her to win anything because she wasn't beautiful white. So whatever u guys say tryna make race irrelevant it has 100% everything to do with media and the erasure of dark skinned brown and black women. All races of women and sinner beautiful but we don't see it represented fairly

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's more of a problem in West Africa where they have Nollywood, but where I'm from, Northeast Africa, that isn't really a big issue. I understand what you mean though. Lupita Nyongo is beautiful.

^^
THIS
Ur african please explain whitenicious

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kl i'll give you that one there's always gonna be anomalies in society, but likewise i could say the same thing about white girls who tan themselves, are they ashamed of their skin colour or are do they think having their skin the same colour as someone from South America etc makes them more attractive.
Maybe because people subliminally think white people represent clean. Black people represent poo. Harsh as it may sound but could be that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kl i'll give you that one there's always gonna be anomalies in society, but likewise i could say the same thing about white girls who tan themselves, are they ashamed of their skin colour or are do they think having their skin the same colour as someone from South America etc makes them more attractive.

Tanning can't be compared to bleaching. When a black person bleaches themselves they ultimately believe their dark skin colour makes them inferior due to colonialism and etc and there's evidence of this.
A white girl that tans is noticeable and nd looks the same as any white person who would've spent time in a hot climate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luke829
Big lips and big butt girls are available in every race, you just see it with more frequency in black girls, it doesn't mean white girls don't have big lips or butts...

But we are not talking about butts and lips are we? we are talking about beauty, and in my opinion (and most people in the world) the white girls are prettier

Why don't you accept it though? there's nothing wrong with that

Ok... white girls have different features.

So do black girls.

HoW is pale skin attractive? Come on....

Tanned is the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Original post by noorii
Of course people would think white girls are the most attractive in a place like England where the majority are err WHITE. If you went to Africa there's a whole continent full of beautiful black women and not so beautiful, just like you see here. I think people need to chill with this whole 'which skin tone is more attractive' none sense, it's really sad. Its usually men that start these stupid debates, yet woman rarely ever see colour, hes either good looking or not. I bet half the guys on this thread that are commenting on these girls appearances are not even good looking themselves LOL.

This..

And this.
Western European standards of beauty. White girls have the the throne. Everyone else under them. Black girls at the bottom of the pyramid -____- lol White males are the dominant force in the media therefore they'll portray white beauty as the epitome. What can we do tho..
Original post by noorii
Of course people would think white girls are the most attractive in a place like England where the majority are err WHITE. If you went to Africa there's a whole continent full of beautiful black women and not so beautiful, just like you see here. I think people need to chill with this whole 'which skin tone is more attractive' none sense, it's really sad. Its usually men that start these stupid debates, yet woman rarely ever see colour, hes either good looking or not. I bet half the guys on this thread that are commenting on these girls appearances are not even good looking themselves LOL.

But in Africa and Asia these western white standards of beauty has changed the mindset of the people. People bleach there skin to be lighter and conform to these standards of beauty. Its affecting everywhere- even in Africa and Asia, a whiter/lighter skin tone is seen as better and more attractive- people even think if youre lighter you'll be more successful

its not 'simply demographics' tho lol its more than that.....way deeper than that
Original post by luke829
Not the average white girls, the girls who do that are supermodels or Hollywood stars, etc...

I bet if you ask 10 white girls, would you like to be black, asian, or any race, 9 of 10 would say NO.

I bet if you ask a black girl (it's an example) if they would like to be white I bet at least 4 of them would like to be white

LOL. NO we wouldn't- you do not know us. Typical entitled white privileged male- thinks the world is all about them. Why would we want to be white? What's wrong with being a black girl or an Asian?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending