The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Government and Politics (U.S. options)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Piledriver
Definitely, I only crammed the nights before last year - no way you could do that with A2. I need an A for uni and got an A last year so I have a tiny bit of room to slip up, at the moment I'd need a lot of slip up room though!
What grade are you hoping for?

I think you can still get an A overall with a really high A in one A2 unit and a b/c in the other. I was hoping for an A* which is my prediction but I have left it too late for that :frown:
Hey!
Does anybody by any chance have a document with every past question along with their mark scheme? (for Unit 4) would be very useful!

If not, maybe we could team up and make one? By doing a few papers each? It would take ages if one person did them all!
Reply 42
Original post by Olympiad
Hey!
Does anybody by any chance have a document with every past question along with their mark scheme? (for Unit 4) would be very useful!

If not, maybe we could team up and make one? By doing a few papers each? It would take ages if one person did them all!

It really would not take long at all.... You literally just copy and paste a few questions from like 5 papers.
Original post by okcool
It really would not take long at all.... You literally just copy and paste a few questions from like 5 papers.

I did it last year and took me ages, there more than 5 papers! And lots of questions on each paper.

Edit: also, because the mark schemes are in PDF format, you can't copy and paste. You have to screenshot and crop.
Reply 44
Original post by Olympiad
I did it last year and took me ages, there more than 5 papers! And lots of questions on each paper.

Edit: also, because the mark schemes are in PDF format, you can't copy and paste. You have to screenshot and crop.

I have literally done that with both unit 3 and unit 4 and it did not take me long at all.
Original post by okcool
I have literally done that with both unit 3 and unit 4 and it did not take me long at all.

There's 9 papers, 8 questions each = 72 questions in total.

That would take at least an hour.

Fair enough it didn't take you very long, but from previous experience I know it will take me ages, sorry not everybody is as fast and perfect as you Domante.

I posted this to ask if anybody can help me / share their document - no point on saying you made one just for the sake of it and then refusing to share.
(edited 8 years ago)
to all those who are wondering...yes it is possible to do last minute revision, (ie. begin revision 3 days before the exam) and get an A. I did it but I only learned to 2 topics for unit 4c... not something i would advise because if the topic doesnt come up then you are screwed. anyway, good luck people and dont get too stressed!
Original post by gideon123
to all those who are wondering...yes it is possible to do last minute revision, (ie. begin revision 3 days before the exam) and get an A. I did it but I only learned to 2 topics for unit 4c... not something i would advise because if the topic doesnt come up then you are screwed. anyway, good luck people and dont get too stressed!

This is a beautiful glimpse of hope
Omg guys I feel your pain. Revising 3c right now and I'm so scared. So much to remember. And to the person that posted about the U.S. Smoke filled room blog either on this thread or the other one, God bless you. I've been using it to revise all day and it's been so helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatsherry
Omg guys I feel your pain. Revising 3c right now and I'm so scared. So much to remember. And to the person that posted about the U.S. Smoke filled room blog either on this thread or the other one, God bless you. I've been using it to revise all day and it's been so helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear it's helping people. I'll be uploading some more content tonight on the site, probably something to do with whether or not Obama's administration has failed at immigration reform and some stuff for 4C like to what extent is Congress the broken branch of government, etc. I'm trying my best to add something new to the site every day.
Original post by Bonnie and Clyde
Glad to hear it's helping people. I'll be uploading some more content tonight on the site, probably something to do with whether or not Obama's administration has failed at immigration reform and some stuff for 4C like to what extent is Congress the broken branch of government, etc. I'm trying my best to add something new to the site every day.

That's so helpful. Thank you. It will be so helpful for 4c cos I haven't done much on it yet as the exam is later. Btw what did you get for Politics if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so helpful. Thank you. It will be so helpful for 4c cos I haven't done much on it yet as the exam is later. Btw what did you get for Politics if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an A in AS last year, going for an A or an A* in A2.
Original post by Bonnie and Clyde
I got an A in AS last year, going for an A or an A* in A2.

I'm in the same position as you. Need an A for uni but would be amazing to get an A*. Good luck btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the same position as you. Need an A for uni but would be amazing to get an A*. Good luck btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too!
Original post by gideon123

Do you think revising 3/4 topics would be okay? Thanks btw haha at least there is some sort of hope left for us procrastinators!
Reply 55
Anyone got any ideas on what a party 45 could be? I was thinking maybe something to do with party decline/renewal? Hasn't come up since June 2011...
Reply 56
Original post by pob96
Anyone got any ideas on what a party 45 could be? I was thinking maybe something to do with party decline/renewal? Hasn't come up since June 2011...

Yeah that's exactly what I think would come up for a 45.
Original post by baffledchick
Do you think revising 3/4 topics would be okay? Thanks btw haha at least there is some sort of hope left for us procrastinators!

thats more than enough...i would suggest to just learn 3 topics
Original post by pob96

In the course workbook they've got 'To what extent is it true that there has been a resurgence in the importance of us parties in recent years?' as a 45 mark. They've asked most of the questions in the work book at some point aside from this one so I think it could be fairly likely :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by Piledriver
In the course workbook they've got 'To what extent is it true that there has been a resurgence in the importance of us parties in recent years?' as a 45 mark. They've asked most of the questions in the work book at some point aside from this one so I think it could be fairly likely :smile:

Is that that basically party decline vs party renewal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending