The Student Room Group

a level options -politics vs history

Choosing a levels soon - wondering whether to do politics or history?
My school does aqa history (tsarist and communist russia, and the making of modern britain) and edexcel politics (uk government and uk politics) and I was wondering which to choose.

I have heard the Russia course at a level history is one of the best topics (compared to studying other topics for history a level) however I have also heard it is extremely difficult and a lot of work.

I currently get top grades in GCSE edexcel history and really enjoy it, just wondering which to pick for a level.
Is politics a level easier /less workload?
If anyone has done these topics for a level please let me know which you would recommend choosing as Im really torn😭
Original post by user839292
Choosing a levels soon - wondering whether to do politics or history?
My school does aqa history (tsarist and communist russia, and the making of modern britain) and edexcel politics (uk government and uk politics) and I was wondering which to choose.

I have heard the Russia course at a level history is one of the best topics (compared to studying other topics for history a level) however I have also heard it is extremely difficult and a lot of work.

I currently get top grades in GCSE edexcel history and really enjoy it, just wondering which to pick for a level.
Is politics a level easier /less workload?
If anyone has done these topics for a level please let me know which you would recommend choosing as Im really torn😭

It would depend on your course interest and future ambition. History, to me, is a safer option.
As someone who did the Russia course at History A-Level, it's worth it. It's like history and politics all rolled into one and is very extensive. It is hard work, but history is generally seen as a ''harder'' subject preferred by unis. That being said, history and politics do go well together as a pair at A-Level.
Reply 3
Original post by Wired_1800
It would depend on your course interest and future ambition. History, to me, is a safer option.

The job i would like to do does not require any specific subjects so it is really up to me what to study , that’s why i’m so unsure
Reply 4
Original post by frauschlange
As someone who did the Russia course at History A-Level, it's worth it. It's like history and politics all rolled into one and is very extensive. It is hard work, but history is generally seen as a ''harder'' subject preferred by unis. That being said, history and politics do go well together as a pair at A-Level.

If i had to choose one or the other which would you recommend ? Thanks so much
History
If i had to choose one or the other which would you recommend ? Thanks so much
The job i would like to do does not require any specific subjects so it is really up to me what to study , that’s why i’m so unsure

If so, i would recommend that you study History and whatever else you like.

Quick Reply

Latest