The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IanDangerously
It’ll be interesting to see what happens to them in 2024 now though. They’re making crazy money because the TV networks have overpaid massively for their content. If the ratings keep crashing at a rate of around 10-15% per year it won’t be worth very much when they renegotiate next time.

That’ll be the thing more than anything that forces them to eventually change what they’re doing

Even at their crappy ratings, networks still fight over them because they still get a lot of viewers compared to other shows. If Vince hasn't sold by then, I don't see why he'd feel the need to change.
Someone help me understand why WWE wants Goldberg to wrestle Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship at Summerslam? Also, help me understand why Roman Reigns is still Universal Champion after a year where he has run his cousins down and has done every heel trick in the book to hold onto his title? Does he have something on Vince or another higher up in the company that they've kept him as champ just to shut him up?
Original post by catchrylie
Someone help me understand why WWE wants Goldberg to wrestle Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship at Summerslam? Also, help me understand why Roman Reigns is still Universal Champion after a year where he has run his cousins down and has done every heel trick in the book to hold onto his title? Does he have something on Vince or another higher up in the company that they've kept him as champ just to shut him up?

Here's what Vince McMahon loves: big, sweaty, muscular, VASCULAR, tanned, related-to-wrestlers, men. Roman, Goldberg and Lashley tick most of those boxes.

The reason why it's Goldberg rather than keeping Braun around is because he's probably more of a cheaper one-off fee rather than annual guaranteed.
Original post by catchrylie

cyour best bet for an answer is wwe hq. =( but they may not lnow either.
Nia Jax finally released, allegedly due to being unvaccinated, though she says it was because she asked for more time off. This means some of the releases may simply be anti-vaxxers.

Vince finally got bored of Keith Lee, and instantly got bored of Karrion Kross.

Eva Marie came back for some reason, thankfully gone again.

Ember Moon, who was famously literally handed the title by Asuka, has faded away and classified herself as obsolete (now they've filled the African-American quota on NXT).

Generic Masked Luchador Wrestlers #9 and #15 also released.

And some more people I forgot existed.

The most heartbreaking is the release of one of Hit Row, who only just got called up to SD to start his WWE adventure.
Did anyone watch the Royal Rumble?

I've loved watching snippets of Sami and The Bloodline storyline over the last year, culminating in that great ending to the PPV.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use this Roman v Sami angle to make its way into Mania 39 and include the latter in a triple threat alongside Cody. Roman could lose the straps to Cody without getting pinned clean and keeping his status intact.
Original post by Aky786UK
Did anyone watch the Royal Rumble?

I've loved watching snippets of Sami and The Bloodline storyline over the last year, culminating in that great ending to the PPV.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use this Roman v Sami angle to make its way into Mania 39 and include the latter in a triple threat alongside Cody. Roman could lose the straps to Cody without getting pinned clean and keeping his status intact.

I feel like status would be clean even after getting pinned.
This might not be same for Sammy.
Also allows Roman to take a break as new leader of bloodline takes control. Maybe even a female?
Original post by Kenan and Kel

RIP to the original. Twas a historic thread.

Shush
Ah yes diveristy just like in every Presidents admin in the last 40-50 years or so.

twitter.com/DissidentSoaps/status/1644559311149072385

You have 5 joo 2 white devil and 1 pajeet
:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest