The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzyoscy
You said Undertaker can have a retirement match because he had a pseudo one in his Triple H match billed as 'An End Of An Era'. Yet he wrestled two WrestleManias and with The Shield after that.

Also, what's the point in having a retirement stipulation if the wrestler's already 99% retired, might want to wrestle again, and has nothing to defend? Why not have Austin vs Goldberg in a hair vs hair match while you're at it?

We cant just assume hes 99% retired. Do you think Taker would want a match where he has something to at least win for and if not he can say his farewell?
Reply 81
Wonder if Edge wearing a Cesaro t-shirt will boost his merch value.

What's everybody's thoughts on Cesaro and Kidd partnering up? Good to see Kidd getting a shot on the main roster week in, week out imo. Even if it is as part of a wayward tag-team.
You said Undertaker can have a retirement match because he had a pseudo one in his Triple H match billed as 'An End Of An Era'. Yet he wrestled two WrestleManias and with The Shield after that.

Also, what's the point in having a retirement stipulation if the wrestler's already 99% retired, might want to wrestle again, and has nothing to defend? Why not have Austin vs Goldberg in a hair vs hair match while you're at it?

End of an era wasn't meant to be a retirement match for Taker. I think what they meant by 'end of an era' was that it will be the last time that HBK, Hunter and Taker would be in a ring at the same time.
Original post by heavyhandscott
We cant just assume hes 99% retired. Do you think Taker would want a match where he has something to at least win for and if not he can say his farewell?

He works one day a year. If that's not 99% retired, it's 364/365th retired.

If Taker has a match, he has somethingto win for: the match. Also his reputation since he lost the last one, they can do a "he hasn't got it any more" angle. They can also do a rematch with Brock, since this is the Rematch Era. Brock goes out on his back, Taker gets a fitting final farewell (#3859).

Original post by K1NG93
End of an era wasn't meant to be a retirement match for Taker. I think what they meant by 'end of an era' was that it will be the last time that HBK, Hunter and Taker would be in a ring at the same time.

I don't think it had a meaning. Triple H still wrestled, as did Taker, and HBK had already retired. I think it was just a tagline, and the insinuations of retirement or semi-retirement brought in the money.

Regardless, I was talking about in the context of his meaning.
FINALLY http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-network-is-coming-to-the-uk-and-ireland-26972520

Now I have a job I can put aside £9.99 each month... About freaking time!
I'll be surprised if the Network does that great, considering the mess up with the release last time and it hasn't done brilliantly in the States

In other news, Sky Box Office PPV price to go to £19.95.
Reply 86
Original post by Aky786UK
I'll be surprised if the Network does that great, considering the mess up with the release last time and it hasn't done brilliantly in the States

In other news, Sky Box Office PPV price to go to £19.95.

Won't do great. You can watch all the Network stuff on www.watchwrestling.ch already anyway!

The rivalries episodes are great.
Original post by Mackay
Won't do great. You can watch all the Network stuff on www.watchwrestling.ch already anyway!

The rivalries episodes are great.

I watch stuff there too. Was the Tag Tean rivalries late last night. But all the old links are down so y'no :frown:

probs putting prices down since network is here so they minimalise their losses from the network
Reply 88
I watch stuff there too. Was the Tag Tean rivalries late last night. But all the old links are down so y'no :frown:

Great episode. Man, the tag division was bursting with talent back then.

Edge/Christian, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boyz, APA, Too Cool, Right to Censor, The New Age Outlaws, The Radicalz, T & A, Kai-En-Tai.

Nowadays we've got Los Matadores and Slater Gator.

Got big hopes for Cesaro and Kidd, and The Usos are great, but Goldust/Stardust and The Miz/Mizdow are obviously breaking up soon. It's woeful in terms of depth.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
Great episode. Man, the tag division was bursting with talent back then.

Edge/Christian, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boyz, APA, Too Cool, Right to Censor, The New Age Outlaws, The Radicalz, T & A, Kai-En-Tai.

Nowadays we've got Los Matadores and Slater Gator.

Got big hopes for Cesaro and Kidd, and The Usos are great, but Goldust/Stardust and The Miz/Mizdow are obviously breaking up soon. It's woeful in terms of depth.

I like Gold/Star dust and the Usos. But the usos are just another tag team who work well together, they coma and go.

Like i said, that was the era of new beginnings so everything was really amazing but now were used toe everything and every match type so its same old same old for us (except the storylines at times).

In other news i got WM30 in the post today :smile:
Reply 90
I like Gold/Star dust

The gimmick worked at first, but now they are just treading water since they dropped the belts until Cody turns on Goldust and the pair battle at WM31 for Goldust's retirement match.
Original post by Mackay
The gimmick worked at first, but now they are just treading water since they dropped the belts until Cody turns on Goldust and the pair battle at WM31 for Goldust's retirement match.

You think?
Reply 92
You think?

Maybe not at Mania, but definitely soon.
WWE title match at Royal Rumble will now be a triple threat featuring Cena, Lesnar and Rollins. I can't say I'm disappointed about that tbh.
Original post by K1NG93
WWE title match at Royal Rumble will now be a triple threat featuring Cena, Lesnar and Rollins. I can't say I'm disappointed about that tbh.

At least it saves us from another Cena/Lesnar match, will add some intrigue into the match

Also, big up Barrett winning the IC Strap, big things for the homeboy
Reply 95
Lesnar's dropping the title at WM. Rollins is cashing the night after.
Rollins could even cash in AT wrestlemania.

Nice of Stephanie to 'fire' 3 superstars too

Posted from TSR Mobile
inb4 Rollins cashes in on himself and we just have 20 minutes of him beating himself in the middle of the ring.
inb4 Rollins cashes in on himself and we just have 20 minutes of him beating himself in the middle of the ring.

Imagine the flexibility needed to kerb stomp himself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
The word fired never had a meaning in the WWE. Come on,I was expecting a beat down on Cena at least...

Quick Reply

Latest