The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Does anyone find the notion of pansexuality troubling?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
They can identify with what ever they like but it still doesn't change facts.

I agree to an extent. If you are born a man then your sex will always be male. Gender is complete different though and able to change.
Original post by Guru Jason
I agree to an extent. If you are born a man then your sex will always be male. Gender is complete different though and able to change.

I am aware, today I am pansexualotherkinbinefarious unicorn.
Original post by gonnagetrejected
isn't that just bisexual though?

Nope - bisexuality is attraction to two genders. Pansexuality includes genders outside of that, including transgender and agender, amongst others.

Original post by white boy
out of interest has anyone actually encountered these words and orientations other than on the internet? i feel like it's just for fat tumblrites who are having an identity crisis.

Yep - pansexuality has existed as a term since 1926 http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=pansexual&allowed_in_frame=0

ok so then is sheep shagging ok then?

"Providing they're not doing any harm" - any circumstance where consent cannot be or has not been provided would fall outside of that categorisation.

Lol. Out of reps :frown:

lol,

I don't make the rules, they just don't apply to me.
Original post by shadowdweller
Nope - bisexuality is attraction to two genders. Pansexuality includes genders outside of that, including transgender and agender, amongst others.

Yep - pansexuality has existed as a term since 1926 http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=pansexual&allowed_in_frame=0

"Providing they're not doing any harm" - any circumstance where consent cannot be or has not been provided would fall outside of that categorisation.

why are we saying that young children can't give consent? surely a yes is a yes?
why are we saying that young children can't give consent? surely a yes is a yes?

Of course not - why is this even a discussion? :lolwut:
Of course not - why is this even a discussion? :lolwut:

because you and your depraved ideas about gender and sexuality

let's continue the discussion and talk about the consent of children <16

why is a yes a yes if ur 16, but a yes a no if ur 15?
because you and your depraved ideas about gender and sexuality

let's continue the discussion and talk about the consent of children <16

why is a yes a yes if ur 16, but a yes a no if ur 15?

'Depraved' :rofl:

What's wrong with my ideas, exactly?

And that's the law, yes :fluffy:
Original post by TorpidPhil
I don't see how you can claim your first paragraph. How do you know you "never" could be? There could be an otherwise perfect woman who persuaded you other wise and people change.

The problem is related to my first point. As a otherwise normally identifying heterosexual male I cannot claim that I would never be attracted to a non ordinary "female" gendered person. In fact I cannot claim, despite my great empirical evidence thus far, that I am only attracted to female people. Therefore does this make me pansexual? If it does then everybody of all sexualities are pansexual. That's stupid and requires us to give a proper definition of pansexual.

I wouldn't want to be with a person who had "gender-reassignment surgery", any more than I would want to be with a man. I acknowledge their choice, but it's not for me
'Depraved' :rofl:

What's wrong with my ideas, exactly?

And that's the law, yes :fluffy:

oh so now you're one of those people who thinks morality is dependent on the law? you know being gay is banned in a lot of countries? im pretty sure it was banned in this country a while ago too. a man could have beat his wife and got away with it, and your justification of it is that it is the law.

its bigots like you, that have no critical thinking skills, that has no understanding of ethics
oh so now you're one of those people who thinks morality is dependent on the law? you know being gay is banned in a lot of countries? im pretty sure it was banned in this country a while ago too. a man could have beat his wife and got away with it, and your justification of it is that it is the law.

its bigots like you, that have no critical thinking skills, that has no understanding of ethics

Didn't even remotely say that :lol:

But hey, nice of you to not answer the question of what was wrong with my views on sexuality or gender :rolleyes:
Didn't even remotely say that :lol:

But hey, nice of you to not answer the question of what was wrong with my views on sexuality or gender :rolleyes:
i have no time for bigots like you who think morality is dependent on law
i have no time for bigots like you who think morality is dependent on law

Again, I never actually said that :fluffy:

But hey, if you want to stick with insults instead of an argument, go ahead :h:

Did you take one of these courses, Shadowdweller? I think anyone who talks about non-binary gender, and separates gender from sex has either attended one of these courses or been influenced by people who have. It's impressive that you can shake off all this logic you're being showered with.
(edited 9 years ago)
Oddly enough I don't lose sleep over it.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'm all for it :u:

How did that pan consent?? This is literally rape.
Original post by HigherMinion
Did you take one of these courses, Shadowdweller? I think anyone who talks about non-binary gender, and separates gender from sex has either attended one of these courses or been influenced by people who have. It's impressive that you can shake off all this logic you're being showered with.

Alternatively, they just recognise these issues aren't as black and white as you seem to want them to be.

Logic? Please direct me to said logic, I've yet to see any.

Logic? Please direct me to said logic, I've yet to see any.

Phil, Slaw and myself.

And like Slaw has been saying: you can't take definitions and make new words to suit your agenda. You continually reject reality and insist there's no such thing as objective truth, when there clearly is- or we would not be able to communicate. Each word's meaning would be up for sodding debate!

Latest

Trending

Trending