The Student Room Group

anyone else struggling with chem?

HELP!!!!:mad:
i did GNVQ science because my high school made everyone do it and in the course we didn't do basic chemistry, physics or biology. In fact we just wrote up experiments and did 2 exams on forensic science and one on anything else science related! I managed to get a distinction but im doing chemistry and biology at A2 and im finding it pretty hard! is anyone else in the same situation? Or does ayone have any advice with regards to uni courses as im limited with my grades! Do you think unis will understand?
Thanks, id appreciate any comments!:smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 1
hey, im studying chem like you at A2 and it is the most troublesome subject in the whole A levels to me!!!!! but its not beyond comprehension if you make a BIG PLAN and work accordingly, following 10to15min-break-between-every -30to45min study bursts rule!!! i know it would because it did help me out of my O' levels!!! i hope to score big next June...and im starting for the revision...um RIGHT NOW!!! hope you get on well too!!!
cheers!!!! :wink::tsr2:
:captain: :champ:
Reply 2
yeah i've got a chem tutor who i see for 2 hours a week, after schools sessions every week and basically any spare time nearly every night. i'm finding it easier this year but im also trying not to neglect biology and english. and iv got UCAS to worry about too!
Reply 3
I really hate chem now. It was my best subject at gcse but now its just tedious as more and more work is required to b put in in order to do well. I really want to drop it.
AS chem was easy, Chem in A2 was a tough nut to crack
Reply 5
just keep going over notes and do loads of practice papers. I found that the best way
im rli finding the mechanisms hard! we rnt being taught them very well! but im getting help from a tutor to sort tht out! but the equilibrium stuff is arite!
Reply 7
The mechanisms are a little more difficult but i'm enjoying it alot more than biology. Biology this year is just getting more and more horrific each day.
Reply 8
I think A2 level chem is easier than AS, cause info is alot more easier to remember
jason01
I think A2 level chem is easier than AS, cause info is alot more easier to remember

I guess you speak for the minority.
*Hopes it's true* :p:

Latest