The Student Room Group

Opinions on Charlie Brooker?

Hate the guy tbh, usually love offensive/dark humour but he just gets my goat :mad:

also married to my longtime childhood crush konnie huq :nope:
I haven't forgiven him for marrying Konnie Huq :mad2:
Charlie Brooker, as in director of Black Mirror?
Reply 3
Original post by mellowcentral
Charlie Brooker, as in director of Black Mirror?

yes

Izzyeviel
I haven't forgiven him for marrying Konnie Huq

out of his league :tongue:
His work is quite good on making you think about the society in which we live, for example his 2014 Wipe with Adam Curtis. It's definitely one of his more serious works and worth the watch in mu opinion.
I don't agree with everything he says but I thoroughly enjoy his scathing criticism of just about everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by mellowcentral
His work is quite good on making you think about the society in which we live, for example his 2014 Wipe with Adam Curtis. It's definitely one of his more serious works and worth the watch in mu opinion.

Kaiju
x

i like alot of his write ups tbh, but often on tv he just sounds bitter and OTT
Reply 8
Original post by HarryDn
i like alot of his write ups tbh, but often on tv he just sounds bitter and OTT

Ah - I don't watch TV.
I've only ever read his stuff and based it entirely off of that so I may be biased :parrot:
Reply 9
Original post by Kaiju
Ah - I don't watch TV.
I've only ever read his stuff and based it entirely off of that so I may be biased :parrot:

oh cool :smile: my flatmates used to watch screenwipe a lot, he comes off as a bit OTT on that a lot tbh
Reply 10
Original post by Manitude
I don't agree with everything he says but I thoroughly enjoy his scathing criticism of just about everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

usually enjoy that sorta stuff, dont for him :dontknow:
I'm quite fond of him.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I'm quite fond of him.

Same here, only read a few of his articles on The Guardian, but I love his sardonic sense of humour.
Reply 13
I thought he was great, until black mirror scarred me for life :P

But seriously I think he is very funny & clever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HarryDn
usually enjoy that sorta stuff, dont for him :dontknow:

I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. He's pretty deadpan at times and often negative, so I can relate to him on that :rolleyes:
I think ...Wipe is more funnier & adult-orientated that Harry Hill's TV Burp (aka Matthew Hall's Television Burp). Brooker's most said word is "f**k".

Quick Reply

Latest