The Student Room Group

I need the strength to accept that sexism against men will not be addressed and move

I need to swallow fully the fact that if I cannot meet the expectations of women, it is entirely my fault no matter how lofty. My girlfriend can never be the victim or in the wrong, I cannot blame her for anything. My worth is entirely founded on what I do and provide, how I can protect. I will be a statistic. If she hurts me it is because I am weak. If I do not have enough money to support her as well as myself it is because I have failed her and was lazy. If I cannot perform it's my fault for lacking in control. The list goes on.

I'm in 3rd phase depression of the pill, with my current understanding of the power dynamic I have only the choices of whipped, MGTOW and Red Pill, how do I proceed.

Scroll to see replies

I think if you're in a relationship with a girl with these kind of expectations then she's definitely not worth it.
You should move on to another girl that will appreciate all the things you do do, and not what you don't.
Proceed by just being you :^_^:
Original post by lilacwanda28
I think if you're in a relationship with a girl with these kind of expectations then she's definitely not worth it.
You should move on to another girl that will appreciate all the things you do do, and not what you don't.
Proceed by just being you :^_^:

not currently but it's what I fear :/

thank you
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
not currently but it's what I fear :/

thank you

don't let that fear dominate your life because you will find a girl that loves everything about you and wouldn't leave you in spite of all those reasons you gave.
be confident in who you are and don't let some future girl get you down
Reply 4
Stop reading paranoid anti-feminist websites and stop blaming women for all your troubles.
Treat women like human beings, respect yourself and them and you'll have a better chance of being in an equal relationship.
Original post by rowaner
Stop reading paranoid anti-feminist websites and stop blaming women for all your troubles.
Treat women like human beings, respect yourself and them and you'll have a better chance of being in an equal relationship.

I don't think it's fair to conflate genuinely valid statistics and points made by the MRM with my own personal problems :s-smilie:
Reply 6
I don't think it's fair to conflate genuinely valid statistics and points made by the MRM with my own personal problems :s-smilie:

Well, I don't think reading all those websites is helping you with your self-esteem problems.
I would get help for your depression and work to become a better person, instead of spiraling into a paranoid view where women are the enemies and men are oppressed because of feminism or whatever.

Also, honestly, I don't think getting into the MRM is going to help you get a relationship based on mutual respect, since a lot of the views I see espoused by MRAs promote a zero-sum, borderline abusive view of relationship.

And speaking as a woman, it's a big red light if someone starts talking to me about MRM.
Original post by rowaner
Well, I don't think reading all those websites is helping you with your self-esteem problems.
I would get help for your depression and work to become a better person, instead of spiraling into a paranoid view where women are the enemies and men are oppressed because of feminism or whatever.

Also, honestly, I don't think getting into the MRM is going to help you get a relationship based on mutual respect, since a lot of the views I see espoused by MRAs promote a zero-sum, borderline abusive view of relationship.

And speaking as a woman, it's a big red light if someone starts talking to me about MRM.

Well I don't think I have the capacity in myself to be an abuser hence why paranoia is the worst consequence of this, but it seems it's healthy to be sceptical of relationships. Also I have not seen the MRAs promote such roles, only question the status quo?

Yeah it will be, because men's issues are dismissed-that is the point :s-smilie: it confirms male disposability/men cannot be victims as noted in the video from my other thread

and finally better person typically tends to mean more interesting/higher status which I had been pursuing for years before even discovering the red pill. This only confirms the 'nice guys finish last' etc.

I'll admit yes I do now, quite frankly, see women as the enemy (for the most part)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Well I don't think I have the capacity in myself to be an abuser hence why paranoia is the worst consequence of this, but it seems it's healthy to be sceptical of relationships. Also I have not seen the MRAs promote such roles, only question the status quo?

Yeah it will be, because men's issues are dismissed-that is the point :s-smilie:

IMO everyone has the capacity to be abusive, most people don't deliberately set out to be abusive, they think they are doing the right thing. A lot of the stuff I've seen from MRAs, PUAs etc talk about how men should be default be in charge in a relationship and women should always obey them. To me that is not an equal relationship, and could easily become abusive.

And I don't dismiss men's issues. I'm a feminist and things like FGM being illegal but not circumcision, male rape, and boys playing with girl's toys being seen as unacceptable concern me and are things I think about a lot. Feminism for me is about dismantling these stereotypes and beliefs about gender.
However, all I see from the MRM is opposition to any gains feminism makes, a lot of gender based biological determinism, and nothing being done to actually defeat any of these issues.
Reply 9

and finally better person typically tends to mean more interesting/higher status which I had been pursuing for years before even discovering the red pill. This only confirms the 'nice guys finish last' etc.

I'll admit yes I do now, quite frankly, see women as the enemy (for the most part)

That's not what I mean about being a better person. I'm always trying to be a better person, and for me it means being happy with myself, being reliable, being willing to consider my own faults, learning when to stick up for myself etc etc.

And yeah, seeing women as the enemy is absolutely detrimental to a relationship. We're just human beings. Sometimes a woman will hurt you or be unfair in a relationship, but men do that too. Some people are just awful and you should stay away from them. But there are people out there who are better for you, who you will fit with and get on with.

Nice guys finish last is not really a thing. Being nice is great, but it doesn't guarantee you a relationship. I've rejected nice guys before, but it wasn't because they're nice. It was because I wasn't attracted to them, or I got on with them as friends but in big doses they kind of annoyed me, or maybe they came on too strong and freaked me out, or maybe they were too much of a doormat and I wanted a more equal partner. There are loads of reasons someone has for rejecting someone else, and blaming it on your niceness is just an excuse.
Original post by rowaner
IMO everyone has the capacity to be abusive, most people don't deliberately set out to be abusive, they think they are doing the right thing. A lot of the stuff I've seen from MRAs, PUAs etc talk about how men should be default be in charge in a relationship and women should always obey them. To me that is not an equal relationship, and could easily become abusive.

And I don't dismiss men's issues. I'm a feminist and things like FGM being illegal but not circumcision, male rape, and boys playing with girl's toys being seen as unacceptable concern me and are things I think about a lot. Feminism for me is about dismantling these stereotypes and beliefs about gender.
However, all I see from the MRM is opposition to any gains feminism makes, a lot of gender based biological determinism, and nothing being done to actually defeat any of these issues.

I'll respect that, as I say some of the MRM has become infested with Redpillers exploiting heteronormativity to their own advantage
Original post by rowaner
That's not what I mean about being a better person. I'm always trying to be a better person, and for me it means being happy with myself, being reliable, being willing to consider my own faults, learning when to stick up for myself etc etc.

And yeah, seeing women as the enemy is absolutely detrimental to a relationship. We're just human beings. Sometimes a woman will hurt you or be unfair in a relationship, but men do that too. Some people are just awful and you should stay away from them. But there are people out there who are better for you, who you will fit with and get on with.

Nice guys finish last is not really a thing. Being nice is great, but it doesn't guarantee you a relationship. I've rejected nice guys before, but it wasn't because they're nice. It was because I wasn't attracted to them, or I got on with them as friends but in big doses they kind of annoyed me, or maybe they came on too strong and freaked me out, or maybe they were too much of a doormat and I wanted a more equal partner. There are loads of reasons someone has for rejecting someone else, and blaming it on your niceness is just an excuse.

I fully appreciate that and I'm not blaming my 'niceness' for my being alone (I mean tbh apart from my social anxiety etc. am I really even that nice, considering my track record on this site lol?). But I have become disillusioned by the apparent importance of LMS (Looks Money Status). If that's not what you mean then again we're in agreement
how do I proceed.

By switching off your router and going outside.
Reply 13
I fully appreciate that and I'm not blaming my 'niceness' for my being alone (I mean tbh apart from my social anxiety etc. am I really even that nice, considering my track record on this site lol?). But I have become disillusioned by the apparent importance of LMS (Looks Money Status). If that's not what you mean then again we're in agreement

Well, I just joined so I have no idea about your other discussions. But negative feelings towards women when you're trying to be in a relationship with one won't help.
Social anxiety is definitely a factor. I've suffered with it for a long time, and had a recent long spell of 6 years without dating and sex, despite often being called attractive. If you're not going out and meeting people it's pretty hard to meet anyone to date.

I don't think it's a matter of LSM either. Poor people still date and people not viewed as attractive still date. Thing is, are you willing to date someone you don't find attractive, has no money and needs you to provide for them, and is always unemployed?
Anyway, things like that are not dealbreakers. If you can't get work then do something with your time like volunteering. Maybe you don't think you're attractive but you can still keep good hygiene, wear clothes that make you look nice, get a nice haircut/hairstyle etc. Stuff like that as well as having friends, a positive attitude, confidence etc make you attractive to other people. It's not all LSM.
(edited 9 years ago)
I need to swallow fully the fact that if I cannot meet the expectations of women, it is entirely my fault no matter how lofty. My girlfriend can never be the victim or in the wrong, I cannot blame her for anything. My worth is entirely founded on what I do and provide, how I can protect. I will be a statistic. If she hurts me it is because I am weak. If I do not have enough money to support her as well as myself it is because I have failed her and was lazy. If I cannot perform it's my fault for lacking in control. The list goes on.

I'm in 3rd phase depression of the pill, with my current understanding of the power dynamic I have only the choices of whipped, MGTOW and Red Pill, how do I proceed.

That's good you have looked at options. It changes as u change/adapt.
WHY should you meet the woman's expectation? As you get older you will start saying to women "So what do you bring to the relationship?"
Your existence/life does not depend on women, take control of your happiness, about you.

4 years ago taking the red pill meant you could see something was not right & you questioned it.
MRA/MRM with ManWomanMyth made me realise how Society works. When realising it was laws - politics that control us, I went for more freedom & think of myself as MGTOW with MRA tendencies. I.e. I improve myself & make family/people aware how Society works.

It is being addressed, will reply to other thread. Even if it is not, then focus on yourself, learn about women good & bad, accept life is not fair; make the best out of your opportunities.
https://shrink4men.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/8-red-flag-dating-phrases-that-should-send-men-running

Watch from 20 minutes for some answers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62rbNtaXRzU
Reply 15
Personally, finding out the truth behind Santa Claus was an equally as devastating experience. But look at me now, I'm still standing! I can only hope that one day, you will too come to grips with reality. Praying for ya.

I need to swallow fully the fact that if I cannot meet the expectations of women

Such expectations are subject to the woman in question.

it is entirely my fault no matter how lofty. My girlfriend can never be the victim or in the wrong, I cannot blame her for anything.

Wrong. If she stabs someone, it's not your fault. If she leaves the oven on then leaves the house for two weeks and comes back to a smouldering wreck, it's her fault, not yours.
Despite the objections of rad-fems, women have as much potential to be in the wrong as men do.

My worth is entirely founded on what I do and provide, how I can protect.

Your entire worth is grounded on your achievements during your life. How you got those achievements, and what you did after them. What was it that Einstein apparently said? Something about basing a fish' genius status on its ability to climb a tree.

Don't base your worth on how other people perceive you, you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I will be a statistic

Why?

If she hurts me it is because I am weak.

If she hurts you it's because she's a bitch. Not that you wouldn't deserve it if, say, you cheated on her or something. But hurting you for the sheer hell of it? Total bitch.

If I do not have enough money to support her as well as myself it is because I have failed her and was lazy.

She's more than capable or getting herself a job. It takes two to run a home, putting all of the stress on yourself is unfair on both of your behalfs.

f I cannot perform it's my fault for lacking in control. The list goes on.

The whole red pill/blue pill thing is toxic to both genders (it's basically a giant Internet-based game of divide and conquer where everyone knows better than the previous poster, and double standards are rife throughout), and I'd advise staying away from both.

Why do you place such a low worth on yourself? You're better than that dude, you just need the realisation, and that'll come when it comes :smile:
Original post by Drunk Punx
Such expectations are subject to the woman in question.

Wrong. If she stabs someone, it's not your fault. If she leaves the oven on then leaves the house for two weeks and comes back to a smouldering wreck, it's her fault, not yours.
Despite the objections of rad-fems, women have as much potential to be in the wrong as men do.

Your entire worth is grounded on your achievements during your life. How you got those achievements, and what you did after them. What was it that Einstein apparently said? Something about basing a fish' genius status on its ability to climb a tree.

Don't base your worth on how other people perceive you, you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Why?

If she hurts you it's because she's a bitch. Not that you wouldn't deserve it if, say, you cheated on her or something. But hurting you for the sheer hell of it? Total bitch.

She's more than capable or getting herself a job. It takes two to run a home, putting all of the stress on yourself is unfair on both of your behalfs.

The whole red pill/blue pill thing is toxic to both genders (it's basically a giant Internet-based game of divide and conquer where everyone knows better than the previous poster, and double standards are rife throughout), and I'd advise staying away from both.

Why do you place such a low worth on yourself? You're better than that dude, you just need the realisation, and that'll come when it comes :smile:

Listen to this guy Mr Bandicoot, he speaks the truth.
Original post by Dr Pesto
Listen to this guy Mr Bandicoot, he speaks the truth.

:hat2:
What girlfriend? you dont have a girlfriend. Why worry about something that hasnt happened yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending