The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Geography - GEOG3 (15th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Bunny2014
Hi we got ours today, and its on health

What is this pre-release stuff?? :O
Original post by geogbio
What is this pre-release stuff?? :O

Yep!!
Reply 82
Yep!!

how have I not heard of this!! is this for AQA?
Original post by geogbio
how have I not heard of this!! is this for AQA?

yeah the Geog4B exam
Reply 84
yeah the Geog4B exam

Ohhh, I'm doing 4A so guessing it's different:smile:
Original post by geogbio
Ohhh, I'm doing 4A so guessing it's different:smile:

Yeah probably aha! :smile: good luck!
Original post by dolores.andrade
Hey,

First of al congratulations on such good results, I was wondering if you could give me any revision tips or anything to do with exam technique as that is what I struggle with. I will be retaking GEOG1 this summer I did not do as well as expected.

Thanks a lot!

Thankyou! I will copy and paste what I sent another person:
I use a couple of different things to revise. Obviously I write notes but when I am trying to quick learn facts about case studies and features I use the Quizlet App! Normally what I do is I go through my notes and create my own quizzes to remember facts and figures but if you don't have enough time for this many people create public Geography quizzes to help! You can download it for free on your phone which is handy! I also use Get Revising where if I am unsure of something I can ask and another student or teacher answers and there is also lots of resources (like power points) that students add! If I really don't understand something I also youtube it because often people explain it very well and in a simple way !
Hope this helps
Original post by alice_smith96
Thankyou! I will copy and paste what I sent another person:
I use a couple of different things to revise. Obviously I write notes but when I am trying to quick learn facts about case studies and features I use the Quizlet App! Normally what I do is I go through my notes and create my own quizzes to remember facts and figures but if you don't have enough time for this many people create public Geography quizzes to help! You can download it for free on your phone which is handy! I also use Get Revising where if I am unsure of something I can ask and another student or teacher answers and there is also lots of resources (like power points) that students add! If I really don't understand something I also youtube it because often people explain it very well and in a simple way !
Hope this helps

thank you, very useful, hope you get the grades you want :smile:
Reply 88
Yeah i know right!! it was so annoyed, we don't even study health

Exactly, I thought it had to be on one of the topics we all had to study, bit annoyed really and my teacher doesn't seem happy at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
All the advice on here has been really helpful- thanks guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any ideas for what i can write for:
Underlying problems faced trying to manage fragile environments in some more remote/fragmented locations
&
Variation in the attitudes of different groups of people in different parts of the world, with varying economic and political systems and their attitude towards the management of fragile environments and/or their exploitation.
Reply 91
Yeah probably aha! :smile: good luck!

Thanks, you too :smile:
Currently looking at this 40 marker for Ecosystems unit and would love some help.
'How successful can the management of fragile environments be given the constant & increasing demand for their exploitation'
Anyone?:smile:
Original post by Bethany247
Hey,
So for GCSE I worked really hard and got all As and A*s but then I think I got complacement or something and got a D for Geog AS (C in skills, E in main one) :frown:
..I know I'm capable of an A (I'll be happy with a B) so I'm redoing the whole geog AS and one psychology AS retake on top of my A level exams.

As you did so well in your Geog AS do you have any advice for me? How hard did you work to get that and what did you do/what do you do now revisionwise and for how long in the week?

I really want to achieve my target grades without procrastinating to get into uni. Grateful for any suggestions :smile:

Hey I'm now in my second year of doing geography at uni and I had exactly the same problem as you. My advice is to stick to the specification. Revise exactly what is there and make sure you know something of everything. And get a good few case studies or examples for each thing.
Also get the cgp guide!
Anything else you need feel free to ask om here or message me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophDutton
Currently looking at this 40 marker for Ecosystems unit and would love some help.
'How successful can the management of fragile environments be given the constant & increasing demand for their exploitation'
Anyone?:smile:

Introduction, define management, fragile environments and types of exploitation putting in your overall opinion.

IMPORTANT: Each paragraph must explicitly relate back to your opinion/argument either by challenging or supporting it.

Then do this basic structure for the middle paragraphs.

case study for. Where it has been successful
case study against. Where it hasn't been successful
Overall judgement here. Answering the question explicitly/linking to you argument.

Then do the same structure for another area including the overall judgment

Then show synopticity/explicit understanding by comparing the two (this could be done throughout the second case study)

Then do the overall conclusion
Reply 95
hi I'm doing tectonics, development and world cities. Does anyone have any decent case studies on urban decline and gentrification? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by darcw27
hi I'm doing tectonics, development and world cities. Does anyone have any decent case studies on urban decline and gentrification? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For urban decline we did Detroit (classic example with so much great history and material) - for gentrification we did chorlton manchester as a local example, and Harlem New York - again loads to write about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 97
I am doing ecosystems currently and have completed plate tectonics and world cities. However, I am struggling in terms of the exact content of the ecosystems topic and I have no idea what case studies I need to know :frown: It would be great if somebody could help me out with this in any way. Thank You :smile:
Hello :smile:

I got 140 UMS on UNit 1 and 54/60 on Unit 2. Aiming for an A* but lloking at the amount of stuff to know it looks difficult :dontknow:

I've studied teconics, ecosystems, world cities and development and globalisation, but will probably only revise tectonics, ecosystems and dev and globabalisation.

How's everyone's revision going??
Original post by JulietR
I am doing ecosystems currently and have completed plate tectonics and world cities. However, I am struggling in terms of the exact content of the ecosystems topic and I have no idea what case studies I need to know :frown: It would be great if somebody could help me out with this in any way. Thank You :smile:

Which bits do you want case studies of- I could tell you which ones ive done :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending