The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Economics Unit 3 (ECON3) 11th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS
^What NikolaT said

If you manage to find anything could you let me know, thanks

That's not quite what Nikola indicated, the quote refers to different types of government intervention. Deregulation is not the same as creating an internal market. The quote you posted missed the bit with "public services" which is the provision of public and merit goods by the government. The other types of intervention refer to other issues. PFI is a combination of private/public sector provision, deregulation is when the government steps back in terms of intervention. All it is well explained in the Anforme Industrial Economics textbook by R Nutter
Reply 81
For Econ 3 I predict Environmental Market failure
Privatisation
Objectives of the firm
Labour Market

For Econ 4 I predict
Deflation
EU in or out
Exchange Rates

Anybody agree/dispute predictions? ive not seen econ 4 paper for june 2014 as this is my next mock
I wondered if someone could help me! I have a question and I don't understand, how could an increase in growth worsen inequality? Could someone explain a chain of analysis that could be used and evaluation for it, I will be eternally grateful! I think the microeconomic questions are so so hard this year, if any of you have any tips on how to gain above 21 in the 25 markers I will also be eternally grateful as I seem to constantly be getting 19-21 and never above!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by looleybubs
I wondered if someone could help me! I have a question and I don't understand, how could an increase in growth worsen inequality? Could someone explain a chain of analysis that could be used and evaluation for it, I will be eternally grateful! I think the microeconomic questions are so so hard this year, if any of you have any tips on how to gain above 21 in the 25 markers I will also be eternally grateful as I seem to constantly be getting 19-21 and never above!

Posted from TSR Mobile

19-21 is not bad and under exam conditions it would be difficult to reach those levels so I would be pleased with those results. Analysis and evaluation depends on the question and case study (if it is section A)
Original post by keynes24
19-21 is not bad and under exam conditions it would be difficult to reach those levels so I would be pleased with those results. Analysis and evaluation depends on the question and case study (if it is section A)

Yeah I know, I am pleased but am desperately trying to get an A* which means dropping 8 marks overall, meaning I need to get at least 22 in both 25 markers to allow me to drop a couple of marks in the 15 potentially. Do you know anything about the inequality/growth situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I know, I am pleased but am desperately trying to get an A* which means dropping 8 marks overall, meaning I need to get at least 22 in both 25 markers to allow me to drop a couple of marks in the 15 potentially. Do you know anything about the inequality/growth situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you set a question and provide your plannings then I can help. If you are getting 19-21 you are likely to get the correct analysis and evaluation but further expansion might be needed as well as a conclusion
Ok, well a question maybe along the lines of,
'Economic growth always lead to increased inequality' evaluate whether this statement is correct? (25)
And oh ok thank you, so you think perhaps more evaluation to do with the real world and a strong conclusion could lift me up to 22/23, when I ask my teacher he's not always very helpful with how to structure it and what I did wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, well a question maybe along the lines of,
'Economic growth always lead to increased inequality' evaluate whether this statement is correct? (25)
And oh ok thank you, so you think perhaps more evaluation to do with the real world and a strong conclusion could lift me up to 22/23, when I ask my teacher he's not always very helpful with how to structure it and what I did wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that's the case you need to demand for him to expand on why he has given you the mark you got. When marking scripts I need to write a summary at the end of every paper indicating the reason for the level I have chosen.
Provide the planning for your question and I can help fill in the gaps.
I was sat for an hour and a half yesterday asking but I still really don't understand, are you a teacher? I'm half tempted to write out the essay and the mark he gave me for it and see what you would give me as I've heard in the past he's a harsh marker which makes me think I could potentially be overly stressing about nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was sat for an hour and a half yesterday asking but I still really don't understand, are you a teacher? I'm half tempted to write out the essay and the mark he gave me for it and see what you would give me as I've heard in the past he's a harsh marker which makes me think I could potentially be overly stressing about nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a teacher and examiner
would you mark my essay for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
would you mark my essay for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can give pointers if you type it here. If I have time I can mark it.
Is it ok I send a picture? Thank you so much! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429790499.234295.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1429790518.497096.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1429790540.832156.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1429790567.632875.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Slightly off topic, but why does this comment say you posted in 1970? :facepalm:
Hahah! No clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it ok I send a picture? Thank you so much! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1429790499.234295.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1429790518.497096.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1429790540.832156.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1429790567.632875.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am afraid my sight is not as good as it was before. I have problems reading pictures attached and it doesn't help I use a mobile phone.
Ah ok, no worries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know of any good websites for Micro notes, or could potentially post your own word docs of notes of different markets, inequality, poverty and labour markets etc.?

I have notes from TSR, Tutor2u and from class but I just don't feel like I have enough concise accurate notes that are straight to the point and easy to remember! :frown:
Reply 98
Have you got a revision guide? That might be helpful... There is an AQA endorsed revision book I believe, however I use the Anforme a2 economics revision guide which is really good too. It is for all exam boards but I have not seen anything that isn't on the AQA syllabus.
Original post by KAKAKA17
Does anybody know of any good websites for Micro notes, or could potentially post your own word docs of notes of different markets, inequality, poverty and labour markets etc.?

I have notes from TSR, Tutor2u and from class but I just don't feel like I have enough concise accurate notes that are straight to the point and easy to remember! :frown:

http://www.petragrade.com/business

Created by a TSRian, posted a small while back in the A-levels forum. Also has sections for micro/macro (AS) and Global (A2 Macro).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending