The Student Room Group

Differentiation

Can someone please check my working? It's in the link (sorry for the quality of the image, as well my poor handwriting, but hopefully you can read it!).
Original post by johndoejohnsmith
Can someone please check my working? It's in the link (sorry for the quality of the image, as well my poor handwriting, but hopefully you can read it!).

Looks good to me :smile:
Started another questions (still appreciate knowing if the second question is correct or not!), and I'm stuck at the rearranging of equations to find an x or y term. Can't get further into the question without a little help here!
Original post by johndoejohnsmith
Started another questions (still appreciate knowing if the second question is correct or not!), and I'm stuck at the rearranging of equations to find an x or y term. Can't get further into the question without a little help here!

Factorise the second equation (difference of two squares) and then substitute each possibility into the first equation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the second one is wrong should be a 2x there

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Original post by TopLadXYZ

Sorry, but is this referring to the second link uploaded or the third? If you could be specific it would help me find it and check. Thanks!
Original post by TopLadXYZ

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Observe that the factor of 2 cancels since it's 12(x2+y2)\frac{1}{2} (x^2 + y^2)

Quick Reply

Latest