The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

Liberty Court 2015/2016

I noticed no one had made a thread for Liberty Court in Cardiff yet so here you go.
Reply 1
I'm going to be studying Events management at Cardiff Met, Llandlaff campus in September 2015. I'm going to be applying to get accommodation at Liberty Court as I really liked it. Is anyone else thinking of applying for Liberty Court?
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm planning on applying for accommodation at Liberty Court because I don't like the look of Plas Gwyn and I'm studying at Llandaff Campus.
Reply 3
I'm really stuck on whether to apply for out of Plas Gwyn, Liberty Court or Victoira...

Has anyone been to an open day and seen what they're all like?

Also if you're in the private halls are you mixed with Cardiff Uni students too?
Reply 4
Original post by rubym_
I'm really stuck on whether to apply for out of Plas Gwyn, Liberty Court or Victoira...

Also if you're in the private halls are you mixed with Cardiff Uni students too?

I'm not a big fan on Plas Gwyn and by the seems Victoria halls are full so I'm probably going to apply to Liberty court. My friend is studying at Llandaff campus this year and says a lot of the people in Liberty court are from the Llandaff campus
Reply 5
Original post by rubym_

I've visited the uni twice now but wasn't that keen on Plas Gywn accommodation as I thought the rooms were very cramped and in my opinion not very nice - almost changed my decision on going to Cardiff met because of the accommodation haha, but then I looked at Liberty Court and thought they were really nice, as even the standard rooms, which all have 4ft beds in, are massive and very clean. Liberty court also has a nice outside area, a car park and is close to the retail park. It also didn't take very long to walk there and back from the uni. I haven't looked at Victoria. And also in the private accomdation you'll be in a flat with people from your uni.
Reply 6
Plas gwyn was my first choice as the pictures on the uni website look quite nice, but I've seen quite a few people saying they didn't like it.. getting stressed now as I want to apply asap but don't know where 😕
Reply 7
Original post by rubym_
Plas gwyn was my first choice as the pictures on the uni website look quite nice, but I've seen quite a few people saying they didn't like it.. getting stressed now as I want to apply asap but don't know where ������

I don't want to bad mouth the accommodation or anything haha but the photos on the website look nothing like the real rooms!
Reply 8
Original post by Ellie W
I don't want to bad mouth the accommodation or anything haha but the photos on the website look nothing like the real rooms!

Is Liberty en suite? Also do you know how much it costs?
Sorry for all the questions but i can' find much detailed info about accomodation anywhere!
Reply 9
Original post by rubym_
Is Liberty en suite? Also do you know how much it costs?
Sorry for all the questions but i can' find much detailed info about accomodation anywhere!

I'm not sure if my other reply posted but if not, yeah all the rooms are ensuite and sharing a kitchen. A standard room is around £110-115 per week and is a big room with a 4ft double bed, a premium is £119 with a double and those rooms are huge! I think the main difference in the price between plas and Liberty is the bed size and the amount of space you're getting for your money! Is there anything else you woukd like to know?
Reply 10
Ah okay so it's not much more than Plas Gwyn then (: & think you've answered everything I wanted to know - thank you! & now going to go with Liberty Court as first choice (:
Reply 11
Liberty will be my first choice also :smile: so fingers crossed be staying there come sept. Studying dietetics at the Llandaff campus.
Reply 12
has anyone received an email with a username/password to apply for halls?? apparently we need it...?
Reply 13
Original post by rubym_
has anyone received an email with a username/password to apply for halls?? apparently we need it...?

I tried to do it by clicking the link at the bottom of the page saying click here on 1st April but I didn't have any idea what the log in was that it wanted, but at the top of the page there's a picture with text that says apply now, click on it and do it that way
Hey everyone, for those of you who are joining Cardiff Met University this September 2015, Keep Up To date with all Societies, Sports, Fayres, Social Events, Jobs and Freshers week in our new group on Facebook "I'm a Cardiff Met Student - Official".https://www.facebook.com/groups/Card...dents/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending