The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Politics Paper 3A (9PL0 3A) 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Politics Paper 3 exam go today?

Helloo.
Got a question for this paper, how long do you all spend on the 12 markers?

@Evil Homer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bloopbloopbloo
Helloo.

@Evil Homer

15 minutes for 12 marks??
Reply 2
Original post by nath909
15 minutes for 12 marks??

Thanks
Reply 3
Does anyone have any predictions???
Helloo.

@Evil Homer

I try and do it between 10-15 minutes exactly, so I have a bit of time spare to plan the horrible 30 markers
Reply 5
Original post by ultimatequeen
I try and do it between 10-15 minutes exactly, so I have a bit of time spare to plan the horrible 30 markers

Honestly I love the US 30 markers but despise the 12 markers, I can never spend the right amount of time on them
u love the 30 markers? you have to do 2/3 questions it sucks
Honestly I love the US 30 markers but despise the 12 markers, I can never spend the right amount of time on them

Tbh there is sooo much to talk about in the US 30 markers compared to the UK 30 markers imo but hate picking out themes to start with and counter with

Do you go straight in with the 30 markers or 12 markers?
Reply 8
Original post by ultimatequeen
Tbh there is sooo much to talk about in the US 30 markers compared to the UK 30 markers imo but hate picking out themes to start with and counter with

Do you go straight in with the 30 markers or 12 markers?

I start with the 12 markers
Reply 9
Original post by user123456324
u love the 30 markers? you have to do 2/3 questions it sucks

I don't know I just find USA easier because it's more fun and interesting than UK, and I hate that you have to bring the UK back up in the 12 markers too
Yeah ig I just wanna be done with the UK content but ig still gotta keep it going. I haven't looked at my US notes in about 2 months tho so I gotta do a bit of a blitz reminding myself
I don't know I just find USA easier because it's more fun and interesting than UK, and I hate that you have to bring the UK back up in the 12 markers too
Reply 11
Original post by cabbage3232
Does anyone have any predictions???

analysing the uk and us supreme court- hasn’t come up yet, so really thinking it will this year
Reply 12
Original post by licha3575
analysing the uk and us supreme court- hasn’t come up yet, so really thinking it will this year

What points you got for that? Seniority of court, ability to check government, politicisation?
Reply 13
does anyone know what the 2022 US questions were
Does anyone have a bank if possible paper 3 usa questions for 30 markers? It would be great to plan some ^^
I'm not sure how helpful this will be but here's a bank of unsorted US examples I made a bit ago. I'm pretty sure most are Supreme Court examples.
Reply 16
I'm not sure how helpful this will be but here's a bank of unsorted US examples I made a bit ago. I'm pretty sure most are Supreme Court examples.

Legend this is sick, ty

Lifesaver - thank you so much for the examples ^^ I'll try to find any possible exam q and share them here when I do ^^
(edited 10 months ago)
I’ve got a a sheet of all of the questions that have ever come up for paper 3, including the questions from the two sample papers. I’ll upload it sometime today.
Reply 19
Original post by henrybones
does anyone know what the 2022 US questions were

Evaluate the view that the President is the most powerful branch of government rather than the Supreme Court or Congress.

Evaluate the view that Congress has protected civil and constitutional rights more effectively than the Supreme Court.

Evaluate the view that interest groups are more effective than political parties at influencing the outcome of presidential elections.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending