The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by its1G
youre gonna have a whale of a time in unit 5 if you like organic!

Yeah I heard unit 5 is really organic based which I'm happy about :biggrin:
Original post by rasil23
Yes., got bromoethanol and 1,2-dibromoethane
^ because I used ethene.

what question was this?
Original post by Leeki
oh no I'm screwed then.😬😥 I just have to do better in unit 2,4 and 5 hopefully everything will be fine 😓

Haha messing up one part of a question certainly doesn't mean you're screwed? xD
Original post by Vickeyleigh
what question was this?

Question where they asked you what would be the product between bromine WATER and ethene

and the other one was they gave you Br2, they said put an alkene of your choice less than 4 carbons and give the formula of the product, everything had to be structural formula
Original post by rasil23
Question where they asked you what would be the product between bromine WATER and ethene

and the other one was they gave you Br2, they said put an alkene of your choice less than 4 carbons and give the formula of the product, everything had to be structural formula

fudge! i don't remember there being a question with bromine water, was this is sect 2 of paper?
fudge! i don't remember there being a question with bromine water, was this is sect 2 of paper?

The second question was in section B, but the first bromine water one was multiple choice
Original post by rasil23
The second question was in section B, but the first bromine water one was multiple choice

ah pheww!!

It was a mcq
Original post by Guitardude165
I was so annoyed that there was no periodicity in this paper (apart from one MCQ on melting temperatures -_-). After approx 6 years of past papers that had periodicity, they decide to change it and add in random crap like drawing an EDM map and a mass spec graph. Such a piss take.

Exactly, you know what, I acc see no point in doing Unit 2 papers if this is the way Edexcel wanna play it:/ also, do they think we're ducking artists? If I wanted to take Alevel Art I would have -.-
Original post by LilOmZzs
Yeahh exactly quite annoying, i resat unit 1 and doing unit 2 too. This paper lacked mechanism drawings and organics as you said

Yeah and the ambiguity and change of style questions were a disappointment too. I think by adding so many diagrams it acc took longer to do the paper, and there was less time to check questions, I've lost some MCQ marks cause of that:frown:
Original post by HopefulDentist..
Exactly, you know what, I acc see no point in doing Unit 2 papers if this is the way Edexcel wanna play it:/ also, do they think we're ducking artists? If I wanted to take Alevel Art I would have -.-

XD Exactly, and yeah there probably is no point in doing the papers if unit 2 is gonna be anything like unit 1. Maybe just buy a few canvasses, paints and practice drawing reflux apparatus, IR spec and MB diagrams o.O XD
Yeah and the ambiguity and change of style questions were a disappointment too. I think by adding so many diagrams it acc took longer to do the paper, and there was less time to check questions, I've lost some MCQ marks cause of that:frown:

Really? I found myself finishing like 15 minutes ahead of time, despite spending 30 minutes on the multiple choice haha.
Original post by rasil23
Really? I found myself finishing like 15 minutes ahead of time, despite spending 30 minutes on the multiple choice haha.

Yeah, I finished with 20 minutes to spare and spent that time contradicting every single answer I wrote down while silently praying to God that he would send a meteor strike down to Edexcel's HQ
For the electrolysis, what do you think the 3 marks will be for?
Original post by GrandMasti
For the electrolysis, what do you think the 3 marks will be for?

2 marks for the work of art that us "artists" came up with and 1 for the explanation :smile:
it was comparing NaCl with Na, right?

Yep!
Original post by Guitardude165
XD Exactly, and yeah there probably is no point in doing the papers if unit 2 is gonna be anything like unit 1. Maybe just buy a few canvasses, paints and practice drawing reflux apparatus, IR spec and MB diagrams o.O XD

Hahaha yes exactly! Let's take in some fineliners while we're at it:biggrin:

Imagine if that fails us and then all the questions are similar prevous papers:frown:

Remember to go over a bit of Biology too since they're really interested in the physiological effects of steroids etc, and how to ensure accuracy, validity and reliability-.-
Original post by LilOmZzs
People are saying the mass answer was 7.4/7.5g of CaO where as I got half that, 3.7g. Did I read the question wrong because when you worked out the moles, I thought that would be the moles of HCl as the equation q=mc delta t requires mass of solvent. So when you get the moles of HCL to be appx 0.1315, I divided by 2 then worked out the mass of CaO from there :s-smilie:

Uhm well ur not wrong but according to question u are. U see it was a neutralisation reaction which is just the formation of 1 mole of water. So u had to compare moles of water with CaO so 1:1 ratio.
Hahaha yes exactly! Let's take in some fineliners while we're at it:biggrin:

Imagine if that fails us and then all the questions are similar prevous papers:frown:

Remember to go over a bit of Biology too since they're really interested in the physiological effects of steroids etc, and how to ensure accuracy, validity and reliability-.-

Oh if the questions are anything like previous papers I will literally do a victory dance on top of the exam table XD. Im gonna need to go over bio cause thats my first exam after half term.
Original post by rasil23

I sort of got too fixated on that mass spec of bromine and spent too much time on that:frown: hence why I'm pissed off with their their testing of our artistic skills on 3 occasions

Latest

Trending

Trending