The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guitardude165
It was definitely exothermic. The forward overall reaction was endothermic and that was already drawn on for us and we had two exothermic enthalpies: -18.8 and -196.8.

Yay that makes me so happy thank you! I thought I got that whole thing wrong+ I remember writing -196.8 but where did that value come from?
Original post by C0balt
Maybe
What I'm saying is because the ions are colorless how would you see the ions moved =ionic binding proof

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't you see bubbles of hydrogen and greenchlorine gas?
Yes it did and i said that too
Original post by HopefulDentist..
Yay that makes me so happy thank you! I thought I got that whole thing wrong+ I remember writing -196.8 but where did that value come from?

The value for -196.8? They gave it in the part before to calculate the minimum mass of CaO required.
For the cyclopentane I put pentene guessing that's wring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Guitardude165
The value for -196.8? They gave it in the part before to calculate the minimum mass of CaO required.

So which was the value we had to calculate?
Original post by MoHoosen9167
I got: +178 for the calculation; and also 3.73g for the minimum mass of CaO

I got that but everyone was telling me I calculated both things wrong. So worried about this exam :frown:
Just a thought - is mgcl2 aqueous or solid at room temp, cos for the state symbols I put aq but I'm not sure now?!
Original post by Shaz xx
Just a thought - is mgcl2 aqueous or solid at room temp, cos for the state symbols I put aq but I'm not sure now?!

Aq makes a salt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone made a unofficial Mark scheme need to see how baDly I failed

Posted from TSR Mobile
So was it right to put aq? Cos it came up twice - once in the multiple choice and then when we had to do the Hess law question?
Reply 1591
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Aq makes a salt

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get for the naming the organic compound multiple choice? I put 2-ethyl-4-methylpentane.
Original post by sj97
What did you get for the naming the organic compound multiple choice? I put 2-ethyl-4-methylpentane.

I got hexane

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1593

And when doing the Hess's Law calculation, did you put CaCl2 as a solid?
Original post by gabby07
Wouldn't you see bubbles of hydrogen and greenchlorine gas?

I forgot everything about GCSE. ggwp cobalt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HopefulDentist..
So which was the value we had to calculate?

Wait what? I'm confused XD The thing we had to calculate was the minimum mass of CaO needed to get that enthalpy value (-196.8). Then we had to calculate the enthalpy change from the hess cycle.
Original post by sj97

Nope because Cacl2 is aqueous. In the equation with CaO(s)+ 2HCl (aq) -> CaCl2 (aq) + H2O (l). They gave CaCl2 as aqueous
Original post by sj97

Nooo aq I think it was given in the question if you looked back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicting that the grade boundaries will be about 59 or 60 for an A
Reply 1599
Original post by cc16cp02
Nope because Cacl2 is aqueous. In the equation with CaO(s)+ 2HCl (aq) -> CaCl2 (aq) + H2O (l). They gave CaCl2 as aqueous

Nooo aq I think it was given in the question if you looked back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think I made quite a few silly mistake in this, but I still think I'll be able to get off with a B. Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending