The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faaiz Shah
Mate the thought of me having to cram just made me reverse into another persons car at tesco. True story.

pahahahah

maybe you shouldnt be on TSR while driving...
Original post by yasmin#2
pahahahah

maybe you shouldnt be on TSR while driving...

I bought milk and stuff and sat inside,read the post and reversed straight into the other car. Was some lady . Hopefully it will b 30 quid ahhaah
mass spec.png
Similar question but with Cl instead of Bromine...
Original post by its1G
yeah unclear questions are really annoying. i rambled on about potential damage to the drug user's health. those two questions are the only ones where im not confident though, so shouldnt be too bad 😖

Those two questions were the only two that I didn't really have much of an idea of the answer, I made some stupid mistakes elsewhere on the paper though which I'm kicking myself about, but I suppose getting an A is all that really matters
Original post by Faaiz Shah
Mate the thought of me having to cram just made me reverse into another persons car at tesco. True story.

😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by its1G
i didnt like that follow up question. didnt seem right that i had to use biology knowledge to answer a chemistry question :s-smilie:

I said something about radioactivity, ionisation of cellular tissue --> potential mutation/cancers. I agree, unfair in both the sense they asked two suggest questions and that it's more biology surely?
Original post by Whizbox
Those two questions were the only two that I didn't really have much of an idea of the answer, I made some stupid mistakes elsewhere on the paper though which I'm kicking myself about, but I suppose getting an A is all that really matters

yeah should be fine ☺️☺️ But stacking up as much UMS would be beneficial in year 13 though (thats if you dont plan on dropping chemistry)
Original post by its1G
yeah should be fine ☺️☺️ But stacking up as much UMS would be beneficial in year 13 though (thats if you dont plan on dropping chemistry)

Well worst case scenario i've got about 68/80 which dependant on grade boundaries could be anywhere from 100 to 116 or so. That's assuming that every question I'm not so sure about is wrong so hopefully I'll get a nice examiner who agrees with my point of view :wink:
Anyway, unit two has another 120 UMS up for grabs, lets hope I can steal a bit of that :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1788
for the carbocation question, i said it had a postive charge becasue the pair of electron from the double bond were used up for form the H-Cl bond, so the carbon only had 6 electrons around it, leaving it with a positive charge? right or?

and for the blood sample, i said it had to be calibrated and make sure it doesnt show that there are banned substances even when there is no sample :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tans
for the carbocation question, i said it had a postive charge becasue the pair of electron from the double bond were used up for form the H-Cl bond, so the carbon only had 6 electrons around it, leaving it with a positive charge? right or?

and for the blood sample, i said it had to be calibrated and make sure it doesnt show that there are banned substances even when there is no sample :/

i dont think thats what the question was asking though
Original post by its1G
i didnt like that follow up question. didnt seem right that i had to use biology knowledge to answer a chemistry question :s-smilie:

There was a question about vacuum in mass spectrometer right?? And what was the answer do u think
What did you get for the percentage yield in multiple choice??
Original post by nerdygeek101
There was a question about vacuum in mass spectrometer right?? And what was the answer do u think

no air particles that may interfere and show up in the spectrum. also added that there are no air particles to react with the ions either
Original post by SashaF
What did you get for the percentage yield in multiple choice??

75%? was this the yield of hydrogen?
Original post by its1G
no air particles that may interfere and show up in the spectrum. also added that there are no air particles to react with the ions either

I thought it was so that the ions couldn't collide with air or gas molecules which would slow them down and inhibit their movement, so they can move freely
Original post by its1G

Yeppp. Thats what I got.
Original post by its1G

Yup that is correct
Reply 1798
With regards to the last Hess calculations, did you have to double the -18.x enthalpy as 2 HCl is required to react with CaCO3 to produce CaCl2?
What did everyone think about the Born-Haber question in the multiple choice section?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending