The Student Room Group

Should women be able to consent to sex while drunk?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Wade-
That's completely untrue, please demonstrate where this was said

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where what is said?
Original post by KingStannis

This is why feminism makes me sick.

Here's a bucket.

Reply 82
Original post by jaw1990
Where what is said?

That Evans was largely convicted because he duped his way into the room. It was a factor but certainly not enough to say 'largely'.

What you said about consent isn't quite right either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having made the decision to drink and be intoxicated one should be aware that that is the path not only to obviously to burn in the hell fire but also to the dangers that come with it. In fact lets be honest the best way to avoid any sort of danger at all is just to avoid the nightclub/bar environment altogether but all to often with these women/student sluts they play with fire and dont wanna get burned. Under a Sharia Britain you can certainly be sure that all this nonsense would be quite comprehensively cleaned up and rooted out.
Original post by Spiros90
Having made the decision to drink and be intoxicated one should be aware that that is the path not only to obviously to burn in the hell fire but also to the dangers that come with it. In fact lets be honest the best way to avoid any sort of danger at all is just to avoid the nightclub/bar environment altogether but all to often with these women/student sluts they play with fire and dont wanna get burned. Under a Sharia Britain you can certainly be sure that all this nonsense would be quite comprehensively cleaned up and rooted out.

Not every girl who goes to a club is a slut and its such a narrow minded view that they are, its on par with saying all guys who go out are looking to take advantage of a girl.

I live in Bradford, many Muslim males go out to have a good time, drinking or otherwise. Women are allowed to do the same in an English free country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drink at your own risk
Original post by vanilla94
Not every girl who goes to a club is a slut and its such a narrow minded view that they are, its on par with saying all guys who go out are looking to take advantage of a girl.

I live in Bradford, many Muslim males go out to have a good time, drinking or otherwise. Women are allowed to do the same in an English free country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Women should not be allowed to get drunk and wasted
Original post by Blue_Mason
Women should not be allowed to get drunk and wasted

Why should we not be able to do what we want to do? And why exactly is it only women who should not be allowed to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why should we not be able to do what we want to do? And why exactly is it only women who should not be allowed to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because this topic is focusing on the vulnerability of drunk women.
Foolish choices leads to potentially dangerous outcomes.
And the question should be, why would any woman want to get drunk, when she is aware of such dangers?
Of course drunk men can be a nuisance but a man does not have to worry about getting raped whislt drunk
but a man does not have to worry about getting raped whislt drunk

Only due to the wording of the law. If men could get raped then I would be afraid of getting raped (ie having non consensual sex)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course drunk men can be a nuisance but a man does not have to worry about getting raped whislt drunk

You reckon?
Pub landlord jailed for raping drinker who fell asleep in his bar* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3038059/Pub-landlord-jailed-nine-years-raping-drinker-fell-asleep-bar.html @MailOnline
Original post by caravaggio2
You reckon?
Pub landlord jailed for raping drinker who fell asleep in his bar* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3038059/Pub-landlord-jailed-nine-years-raping-drinker-fell-asleep-bar.html @MailOnline

That man should be locked up for life.
But the chance of a man being raped by another man is still very rare,its almost impossible.
Reply 92
But the chance of a man being raped by another man is still very rare,its almost impossible.

'Men and boys are often the victims of the crimes of sexual assault, sexual abuse, and rape. In fact, in the U.S., about 10% of all victims are male.'

Please don't spew such utter nonsense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because this topic is focusing on the vulnerability of drunk women.
Foolish choices leads to potentially dangerous outcomes.
And the question should be, why would any woman want to get drunk, when she is aware of such dangers?

Men are just as at risk of being raped as women through drink. Men are more unlikely to report/admit that is has happened than women are.

But to me you are saying that women who decide to get drunk are all sluts and that we shouldn't be able to in case some guy decides to rape us. Its not a girls fault for being raped, whether she was drunk or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Men are just as at risk of being raped as women through drink. Men are more unlikely to report/admit that is has happened than women are.

But to me you are saying that women who decide to get drunk are all sluts and that we shouldn't be able to in case some guy decides to rape us. Its not a girls fault for being raped, whether she was drunk or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only in miniscule cases,but women are at a higher risk of receiving low to high level of sexual perversive treatment.
An adult Man would never attempt to engage with another male stranger in such a way that would be perceived as sexual.
I have never even insinuated such speculation, and I am not a fan of the word slut.
Original post by Wade-
'Men and boys are often the victims of the crimes of sexual assault, sexual abuse, and rape. In fact, in the U.S., about 10% of all victims are male.'

Please don't spew such utter nonsense

Posted from TSR Mobile

But what about the uk?
It is not utter nonsense as it is the truth.It is almost impossible for an adult male to be raped in an open environment.
I'll also state that the majority if tsr males would agree with me on this topic.
Perfectly said. The treatment that is equivalent to that of children hit the nail right in the spot.
Reply 97
But what about the uk?
It is not utter nonsense as it is the truth.It is almost impossible for an adult male to be raped in an open environment.
I'll also state that the majority if tsr males would agree with me on this topic.

'Between 2009/10 and 2011/12 there were an estimated 78,000 victims of rape per year in England and Wales - 69,000 females and 9,000 males.'

More than one in nine of the believed rapes that occur each year are against men. While it's not as bad against women in terms of frequency it's hardly as though it doesn't happen. It is utter nonsense because facts prove you wrong. I don't care what you believe or who agrees with you, you're factually wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98

It happened to me and I seriously doubt I am one of the practically impossible cases. Its that kind of attitude thar makes people that claim to be raped sound ridiculous.
Original post by jaw1990
She is a victim. If she is not a rape victim, she is a victim of what happened
subsequently. Look into the case, the girl made no grand claim, she simply said she had no recollection of the events - not enough to get a conviction in itself (look at Evans's friends).

The problem Evans has is there was no evidence of an invite. Getting an extra key and going into the room may in itself be coercion.

She had no recollection of the events but she remembered to delete the running commentary texts she sent to her friends and her messages on Facebook on that night?

She is a liar!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending