The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Does opposing gay marriage make you homophobic?

Scroll to see replies

Hahaha You just burst his bubble that people choose their sexuality and which he so desperately tries to defend. Ignore him!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lattoo
When condoms or protection was not as prevalent as today, people did not have as much as sex as today.
Sad that pleasure is so important.

I'm fairly sure this is incorrect. People have always, afaik, had sex for pleasure. This is why in poorly developed countries or pre-protection people have/had more kids.
Original post by h3isenberg
Tbh I actually feel sorry for you if this is the case. You'll be emotionally messed up because no woman would ever provide a gay man with as much comfort as a man would.

He didn't say he'd marry a woman..
Original post by binarythoughts
He didn't say he'd marry a woman..

Yeah that's even worse. He'd feel very lonely and deprived no matter how strong his imaan is.
Original post by h3isenberg
Tbh I actually feel sorry for you if this is the case. You'll be emotionally messed up because no woman would ever provide a gay man with as much comfort as a man would.

quite the opposite my friend. there are some things that only women can provide ( emotionally speaking) when it comes to emotions. thats why its so important to have a mother and father. hence why i think its unfair for children being born in to a gay family. they are deprived of a huge part in a childs life : THEIR MOTHER.
Reply 186

Islam doesn't come from him it comes from the Qur'an. He never said homosexuality is natural he said they are not punished for having these sensations.

26:165-166
Do you approach males among the worlds

And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing.

This tells you that men and women were created as mates for one another and homosexuality cannot be something that you are born with.
Personally I am all for gay people to form unions, date, have sex whatever because it doesn't affect me. I personally don't agree with gay marriages because traditionally marriage is the unification of MAN AND WOMAN. You can say that they deserve the same rights or does it really matter to you, but it still goes against the idea of marriage being for man and woman.

If a gay couple wanted to participate in a unification such as marriage then I believe that civil partnerships should suffice or they can call it whatever they want because to me it doesn't really matter but it just doesn't feel right to have a gay marriage because it then changes the meaning of marriage in itself.

Don't however get me wrong I couldn't care if a person was to have a 'gay marriage' I just personally don't agree with it.
Original post by al_94
Islam doesn't come from him it comes from the Qur'an. He never said homosexuality is natural he said they are not punished for having these sensations.

And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing.

This tells you that men and women were created as mates for one another and homosexuality cannot be something that you are born with.

And that makes you think homosexuality is a choice?

:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moose5515
quite the opposite my friend. there are some things that only women can provide ( emotionally speaking) when it comes to emotions.

Not to a gay man...

thats why its so important to have a mother and father. hence why i think its unfair for children being born in to a gay family. they are deprived of a huge part in a childs life : THEIR MOTHER.

Shame the evidence and studies suggest the complete opposite to what you're saying.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/14/635/abstract
Reply 190
Original post by binarythoughts
Being able to marry someone you love isn't a basic right?

Would you say homosexual Muslims should be allowed to Islamically marry or would you only say that they should be allowed to marry in a non-Islamic state?
Reply 191
Original post by al_94

There is a verb. It is referring to the act.
Whether people are born gay or not does not matter. Homosexual acts are a sin not the desire. All scholars, from Nouman Ali to Yasir Qadhi agree with me.
Original post by Lattoo
Gay people are born gay, I am not opposing that
For instance, women are born as women, but I believe in the islamic principles of inheritance law and polygamy. Does that make me sexiest.

I still dont believe that I am homophobic. And I am not judging!?
I dont say that just because you practice homosexuality, you are a bad human or that u will go to hell.

If I was an employer, I could not care less whether the person is gay, straight, black, asian etc.
I dont think I am homophobic

Sure, you don't sound homophobic but you're not willing to give homosexuals the same rights that heterosexuals have, and thats not fair. That is discrimination against a group of people.

So I'm curious...what would you do if your child came home one day and told you that he/she was gay? And that they had a gay partner? And that they planned to get married one day? Would you accept all this?

In regards to Islamic inheritance laws, sons inherit double of what daughters are eligible. Islam allows polygamy, but not polyandry. That is ​sexist.
Original post by al_94

No matter how many times you repeat what the Koran says, you cannot make what it says that is scientifically inaccurate right. If science shows (as seems likely) that homosexuality is a genetic trait and not a choice you will just have to accept it - or I suppose you could just carry on appearing as if your beliefs and the real world bear no resemblance to one another.
Reply 194
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Sure, you don't sound homophobic but you're not willing to give homosexuals the same rights that heterosexuals have, and thats not fair. That is discrimination against a group of people.

So I'm curious...what would you do if your child came home one day and told you that he/she was gay? And that they had a gay partner? And that they planned to get married one day? Would you accept all this?

In regards to Islamic inheritance laws, sons inherit double of what daughters are eligible. Islam allows polygamy, but not polyandry. That is ​sexist.

i am gay myself
the reason why men get more than women, bcz men have more responsibilities. they are breadwinners in the family
Reply 195
Original post by *Stefan*

I never said it is a choice. Many don't choose it but that doesn't mean I will accept it I still believe it is wrong on all levels.
Original post by *Stefan*

Posted from TSR Mobile

regardless of whether its a choice in islam it isn't acceptable. in islam we are here as a test a homosexual (whether a choice or not ) has to understand that this world is not permanent. IF they say they are muslim okay don't act on your urges and your reward will be unmeasurable. allah didn't make everyone perfect, he made everyone have some sort of imperfection. the real question is how do you tackle this imperfection. The answer for a muslim is to follow the sharia.
Original post by Adeel Ali
I know you're going to be mad. Adam and Eve were created by god. Man, Woman. ...
'outside your circle'
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Adam (PBUH) a prophet in Christianity also?

Adam means nothing to anyone in a logical discussion, if you want to say 'I believe...' that is fine but people on this thread basically saying 'God or this book says it is so and therefore it is.' This means nothing to the majority of people. Absolutely nothing.

It's fine to have beliefs but passing them off as fact without skipping a heartbeat in a GENERAL discussion is delusional. It's happening again and again on these threads...

Just basic presumptions about a child needing male and female parents, procreation being the only purpose of marriage [utterly absurd in general terms] etc. etc.

I don't mean to be rude but if this is all people have got please don't quote me. Thank you. :smile:

Incidentally if OP is gay but not practicing [which imo is extremely unhealthy but that is just imo] you might be interested in this organizations..

http://www.imaan.org.uk/

More organizations are around.

Maybe your path forward should be in exporing sufi Islam, they are most accepting of all the Muslim faiths, very occasional they will accept gay Muslims into their mosques. Ultimately because the faith is about supreme love and spiritual progression over empty dogma so its more inclusive.

You need to be open minded and scratch the surface, religious texts are open to interpretation, any intelligent person can twist them to see what they want. Also the subtle changes in translated texts make it even harder to interpret them clearly.
Original post by Ruh
Would you say homosexual Muslims should be allowed to Islamically marry or would you only say that they should be allowed to marry in a non-Islamic state?

You are technically asking me if a person can be gay and Muslim.

If you mean the Niqah, then yes.
Original post by Lattoo
i am gay myself
the reason why men get more than women, bcz men have more responsibilities. they are breadwinners in the family

You being gay doesn't make your views any more valid. Gay people are due the same rights as non-gay people.

You didn't answer my questions.

So you do have sexist views. This is the west, where most men and women work, they often share the same responsibilities (more in the case of women since they often have to juggle their careers and childcare), and even if women aren't the main breadwinners, thats not an excuse to not give women an equal share in inheritance. Anyway this is a debate for another thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending