The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Accounting Unit 3 (ACCN3) 8th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louisephung
Hi, anyone knows how many marks in task 4: source of finance. I forgot turn the page, I lost all Task 4 marks. If you still remember. please tell me

Mate how did you forget to turn the page? Did you think you were done or run out of time?
It was worth 16 marks!
Hi, anyone knows how many marks in task 4: source of finance. I forgot turn the page, I lost all Task 4 marks. If you still remember. please tell me

16marks plus 2qwc. Good question, unlucky you missed it.
Reply 63
image.jpg
This was my reaction to the paper.... Meme made by me...😭😭😭
Original post by Michael34562
Mate how did you forget to turn the page? Did you think you were done or run out of time?

When I did question 3, I found it quite long, I supposed that I would finish it by the time. However, I got 20 mins left, I checked the last questions, OMG I know how stupid I am. :frown:((
When I did question 3, I found it quite long, I supposed that I would finish it by the time. However, I got 20 mins left, I checked the last questions, OMG I know how stupid I am. :frown:((

Sure there's no point worrying about it now, just do well in unit 4
Did you get Net current Liability rather than net current asset in the balance sheet?
That's actually so helpful!
Reply 68
what did people get for the dividends ?
also did anyone work out the gearing ratio for task 4 and what did they get ?
Original post by Douglas1223
Did you get Net current Liability rather than net current asset in the balance sheet?

Yeah it was a net current liability by about £2k
Original post by Nishil29

Dividends were £30,000
Gearings for shares was 21.74%
Gearing for debentures was 30.43%
(I think those percentages are what I got, roughly anyway)
Dividends were £30,000
Gearings for shares was 21.74%
Gearing for debentures was 30.43%
(I think those percentages are what I got, roughly anyway)

Actually I think those percentages are wrong, shares was low 20s debentures was high 20s I think
Original post by Nishil29

I think I got 20.2% without the investment and 29.8% with the £1.12m
Untitled.png

Answer to Cashflow: Real hard question, especially with the depreciation. You had to use Purchases of non-current assets to work out depreciation.

will post further about this soon
I'm so happy. I got mostly all of that correct :smile: Grade boundaries predictions?
I'm saying 66/67 for a B perhaps, the statement of cash flows would have taken the boundaries down, not many would have got the depreciation correct,

You can't use the NBV values to work out depreciation unless you were given Purchase of non-current assets:

as the formula for Purchase of non-current assets is:
NBV 2015- NBV 2014 +Disposals@nbv + Depreciation-Revaluation = Purchase of concurrent assets

rearrange to get: Depreciation: Purchase of noncurrent assets + revaluation -Disposal @ Nbv + NBV 2014- NBV 2015 = £32,500
Original post by AccnTeacher
Untitled.png

Answer to Cashflow: Real hard question, especially with the depreciation. You had to use Purchases of non-current assets to work out depreciation.

Thanks for that, I think I got all of that apart from using dividends paid when working out operating profit, it's not that I forgot but I was told you weren't meant to 😔
Thanks for that, I think I got all of that apart from using dividends paid when working out operating profit, it's not that I forgot but I was told you weren't meant to 😔

Lol, who told you that!

since we work out the retained earnings between the years, that gives us the profit for the year after paying dividends, so we need to add this back, plus interest and tax to get us the profit from operations.

Anyway, you would not have lost many marks overall for this
Original post by AccnTeacher
Untitled.png

Do you know the answers for the income statement and balance sheet for the incomplete record question?
So about 74ish for an A, and 80/81 for an A*? Hopefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending