The Student Room Group

AS Music Level EDEXCEL: 02/June/2015 (DURATION: 2HOURS)

Scroll to see replies

There's more than one way to get the cadence at the end. I ended up, like, quadruple checking my chorale so I'm pretty sure a plagal is alright.
Original post by alex_1998
No? If the 7th of the chord was C there was no need to double it
I'm pretty sure any cadence would work. A majority of people just chose imperfect. A minor key and an imperfect cadence was pretty tough.

I meant that in the alto you would end up doubling the 7th
Original post by sophbunny161
I meant that in the alto you would end up doubling the 7th

My alto part was a note D
My alto part was a note D

yes but if you let the alto fall from the D to the B natural via a C passing note that is still doubling the 7th of the chord
yes but if you let the alto fall from the D to the B natural via a C passing note that is still doubling the 7th of the chord

ok!! i got it wrong then. understood.
ok!! i got it wrong then. understood.

dw everyone in my year got it wrong! we hadn't been taught any imperfect cadences so ended up doing plagal... turns out only 2.5% of Bach's cadences were plagal. Never mind :biggrin:
dw everyone in my year got it wrong! we hadn't been taught any imperfect cadences so ended up doing plagal... turns out only 2.5% of Bach's cadences were plagal. Never mind :biggrin:

We were only really taught ii7b - V - I and Ic - V - I, managed to shoehorn in a plagal cadance anyway though, so hopefully I'll get some marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending