The Student Room Group

Unis for Fashion communication?

Hello,
i’m having a hard time picking unis to apply to, so far i have put down bristol UWE. I’ve gone to other open days but not really liked the unis. Does anyone know of any really good fashion communication/marketing courses? I want somewhere with good nightlife and accommodation.
Original post by poppybliss77
Hello,
i’m having a hard time picking unis to apply to, so far i have put down bristol UWE. I’ve gone to other open days but not really liked the unis. Does anyone know of any really good fashion communication/marketing courses? I want somewhere with good nightlife and accommodation.

Well if accommodation is an issue rethink UWE. Last year they had people in Newport 30 miles away and there is a shortage of student accommodation in Bristol and it is very expensive,
Hello,

brighton uni does it!! is this one of the ones you already visited?
Hello,

I personally don’t do fashion but one of my friends who studies at UAL really likes it, and it’s notoriously good for fashion. If you have a good portfolio then you have a high chance of getting in, and it’s in London so the nightlife and accommodation is great.
Hello,

Which universities have you rules out?
Original post by elizabethtec
Hello,

just done a search and found quite a lot of options that do the degree or very similar;

Arts uni plymouth (changed course name to fashion media & marketing)
condé nast college (london
middlesex
manchester met
herriot wott (scotland)
northumbria
brighton
anglia ruskin (cambridge)
southampton
london south bank
kingston
fashion retail academy
chester (focused on social media)
glasgow clyde
arts uni bournemouth
de montfort
newcastle college
university for creative arts
middlesex
norwich uni of arts
leeds arts
liverpool john moors
coventry uni
uni of arts london
Hello,

Hey there 😀

I understand that choosing a university can be challenging, but rest assured, it is entirely normal, given the multitude of options available. I believe De Montfort University (DMU) could be a noteworthy consideration.

I have heard positive feedback from my friends pursuing Fashion degrees. Also, Leicester, being a vibrant student city, offers an exciting array of activities, including lively nightlife. Moreover, there are plenty of affordable accommodations both on the DMU campus and in Leicester's city centre.

DMU provides programmes in both Fashion Marketing and Fashion Communication. You can find detailed information on structure, facilities, and requirements through the provided links.

While I am personally studying Psychology, I can tell you that opting for DMU was the right decision, and I would not choose differently. One highlight for me is the abundance of extracurricular opportunities, such as international trips, placements, summer internships, language classes, diverse workshops and webinars, part-time internships alongside studies, engaging societies, a student exchange program, and much more. Participating in these activities has contributed significantly to my personal and professional development.

If you would like to get to know more and see whether DMU is a place for you, there are two upcoming Open Days on February 24th and March 16th, and you can book your spot through this link. I highly recommend attending as it offers a chance to explore the campus, check out accommodations, and engage with current Fashion students and lecturers. Taster sessions will also be available, giving you a glimpse into what a typical class looks like and what topics are covered.

I hope it was helpful 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
Hello,

Hi @poppybliss77

It's great that you are attending lots of open days, that's what I did to narrow it down and it really helped, and once you've applied offer holder days can also be a useful way to confirm your choice. I am currently in my first year studying Fashion Promotion and Communication at Kingston and I have a blog post that has more information about why I chose Kingston and how it's going so far which you can have a look at here Why I Chose Fashion Communication at Kingston - The Student Room

There's lots of options when it comes to accommodation that you could have a look at here Halls of residence - Accommodation - Kingston University London

Kingston is near central London which has loads going on when it comes to nightlife. In Kingston itself there are two clubs and numerous pubs, that have student nights and deals, as well as student union bars.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Good luck with your application :smile:

-Grace (Student Rep)
Reply 8
Original post by elizabethtec

just done a search and found quite a lot of options that do the degree or very similar;

middlesex
manchester met
herriot wott (scotland)
northumbria
brighton
southampton
london south bank
kingston
fashion retail academy
glasgow clyde
arts uni bournemouth
de montfort
newcastle college
university for creative arts
middlesex
norwich uni of arts
leeds arts
liverpool john moors
coventry uni
uni of arts london
this is so helpful thank you for taking the time to write this!! ❤️

middlesex
manchester met
herriot wott (scotland)
northumbria
brighton
southampton
london south bank
kingston
fashion retail academy