The Student Room Group

Gigantic increase in immigration yet again as it hits highest ever numbers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
Bla bla bla immigration, -Insert a lie about job's being stolen-, bla bla bla

I find it amazing that the same people who promote immigration tend to be exactly the same people who criticise the lack of jobs to get out feckless off their backsides.
Jobs being "stolen" is perhaps the wrong choice of words but not a lie. No one is entitled to a job, and therefore it cannot be stolen. "Stolen" is a word used by yobs to justify their failing lives. But to say that there is no competition is pure fantasy, of course job demand will go down if there's an increase in labour supply. Immigrants taking jobs lowers the quanitity of jobs for natives.

That's why I'm also very cautious about the employment numbers. It's a fact that Central and Eastern Europeans have a higher work ethic than Brits and are therefore more productive, but if employment is "skyrocketing" as by UK economy figures, I am going to predict that at least half of those jobs went to newcomers. That's why perhaps some people call for a quota or restriction on immigration, because jobs are being given away in foreign nations who are struggling. Yorkshire did create more jobs than France, after all. (2014) Question is, whether it's needed, how long the crisis in the EU will last, and how to justify such an action.
How can we not know who is coming in and out? A madness.

Controls are immigration are needed alongside getting the native population into work and away from nihilism and social poverty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending