The Student Room Group

Warning-Abuse (this is just me talking about my *****y life today)

Just created this account to talk about this.
Well, Just a few minutes ago my mother hit me multiple times in a spot she knew I had just been injected a high dose of medicine to treat my allergies, she knew how sore and how swollen that spot was. Yet she hit me because I couldn't make her flavoured water right and laughed right after.
This isn't a new incident for me but I honestly thought we were doing fine after I poured all of my feeling out to my parents and siblings about how I wanted to leave the house and how everything she did to me growing up messed me up.She used to put a knife near my throat when I was 8 ,she even poked me in the stomach with it, was dragged around the house from my hair until I was 14 and such. I would add more but I would have to create a very long list. I simply don't know what to do anymore, Im not allowed to work , I can't have a phone, Im about to be 18 ,the people I know live too far and those who are near would never be on my side.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Well, Just a few minutes ago my mother hit me multiple times in a spot she knew I had just been injected a high dose of medicine to treat my allergies, she knew how sore and how swollen that spot was. Yet she hit me because I couldn't make her flavoured water right and laughed right after.
This isn't a new incident for me but I honestly thought we were doing fine after I poured all of my feeling out to my parents and siblings about how I wanted to leave the house and how everything she did to me growing up messed me up.She used to put a knife near my throat when I was 8 ,she even poked me in the stomach with it, was dragged around the house from my hair until I was 14 and such. I would add more but I would have to create a very long list. I simply don't know what to do anymore, Im not allowed to work , I can't have a phone, Im about to be 18 ,the people I know live too far and those who are near would never be on my side.

Hi there,

Sorry you are going through this.

Just reaching out to you as I wanted to let you know there is support available out there that may be of use:

- Victim Support
https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/
Get in touch anytime for independent, free, and confidential advice:
Call Supportline on 08 08 16 89 111

- NSPCC
Please call the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000 or email [email protected]. Please note that you still have the option to request anonymity via call or emails.

- Childline
Childline is free to contact on 0800 1111. Childline counsellors are here to take calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from children and young people under 19.
Childline counsellors are also available to speak to online through 1-2-1 chat and via email.
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/

- Refuge - Anyone, domestic violence

We hope this helps. Please look after yourself.

Best wishes,
TSR Support
Reply 2

This is abuse and you should look at the information given by staff of this site

The situation with the knife you described is pretty scary and if anything like this happens again or any threats made against you then you should immediately refer the matter to the Police-I don't know whether you will be staying with your mother once you are 18
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
0800 1111 or threaten to call 999 if she does it again, while saying youll call 999 make sure to be eqquiped with a weapon to protect your self incase she might try to hit you or possibly fight back, i get its your own mother but its not fair shes doing this s**t to you especially knowing the pain you go through
Reply 4
Original post by probsloms
0800 1111 or threaten to call 999 if she does it again, while saying youll call 999 make sure to be eqquiped with a weapon to protect your self incase she might try to hit you or possibly fight back, i get its your own mother but its not fair shes doing this s**t to you especially knowing the pain you go through

It will be better if she leaves the house-if she thinks she will get attacked again
Reply 5

The thing is that I have 3 younger siblings , they are 15, 12 and 11 years old. The 15 year old one and I come from a different dad and I know he will be taking the worst part of the abuse when I leave so I can't leave him . My mother is also a mexican immigrant who doesn't give a **** about being deported, she actually throws us her phone and taunts us to call the police on her. She expresses how they will only send her back and asks how we will support ourselves when she's gone, It's actually because of this that i refuse to call anyone as I'm often told how we will all be separated,
Reply 6
The thing is that I have 3 younger siblings , they are 15, 12 and 11 years old. The 15 year old one and I come from a different dad and I know he will be taking the worst part of the abuse when I leave so I can't leave him . My mother is also a mexican immigrant who doesn't give a **** about being deported, she actually throws us her phone and taunts us to call the police on her. She expresses how they will only send her back and asks how we will support ourselves when she's gone, It's actually because of this that i refuse to call anyone as I'm often told how we will all be separated,

This is very disturbing-do you have any other relatives?
Reply 7
Original post by rovannieri
This is very disturbing-do you have any other relatives?

(Forgit to mention that I'm the one who posted this)
I only have family friends , all of my family is in mexico (I've never met them face to face) and everyone I trust in supports my mother to a certain degree as she used to hit us infront of them saying they were trustworthy anyways. Adding to that my "father" used to me part of the military back in mexico, he works as a security guard and at some fbi jobs sometimes and he knows of all of this (plus I think he's sexually harassing me??) So that's a no-go.
Reply 8
(Forgit to mention that I'm the one who posted this)
I only have family friends , all of my family is in mexico (I've never met them face to face) and everyone I trust in supports my mother to a certain degree as she used to hit us infront of them saying they were trustworthy anyways. Adding to that my "father" used to me part of the military back in mexico, he works as a security guard and at some fbi jobs sometimes and he knows of all of this (plus I think he's sexually harassing me??) So that's a no-go.

If the situation is as bad then you need to consult the authorities and move away from an environment harmful to you and your brothers/sisters-

Hope you're doing well-
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9

I can understand but this is not fair, especially for your siblings. Do it, trust me.
I can understand but this is not fair, especially for your siblings. Do it, trust me.

You're right-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending