The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are nightclub bouncers not allowed to admit men on their own

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CycleofSpin
He has a point though. If they knocked back just black people, then people would complain and no doubt it would make the news and probably someone would be arrested for racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why aren't you
Posting on your support on the holcaust denial thread?

Are ou going to try and turn this thread into a 'Jewish conspiracy' post?
Original post by Mick.w
the weren't worried about discrimination. door work is just one big discrimination.

do you know why the discriminate against blacks or asian
which clubs in london should a black/asain person avoid- names please- oor inbox me :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
do you know why the discriminate against blacks or asian
which clubs in london should a black/asain person avoid- names please- oor inbox me :smile:

I've not worked clubs in london before.

n tbh its not to do with the club so much more the night that was on.

Well I worked on one door that had a very old school guy in charge. it was a posh venue and there were black guys on our team. but he said to the white guys to not let anyblack guys in in a very... offensive way. its the only time i've been told to. other times its just been racist guys on the door who i've been working with.

its really weird cause theres a lot of black security out there so for you to be working in that industry and not like black people is a bit beyond me. but i don't really care to find out about their opinions. i just don't agree with em. if you work in security your gonna meet a lot of absolute dickheads. of all colours n creeds.

more commonly is white n asian(muslim) in my own experience. for certain black nights they don't want a lot of whites n asians coming in. which was a bit weird. but i didn't ask any questions. my experience in security is not something i really wanted to do. it was just an opportunity for a job and you could get some really decent money from it back then. i really just kept myself to myself and just got through the night as easy and quietly as possible.

sometimes it seems like we're discriminating a lot against asians. like one time i was told not to let any pakistanis in to a black night. but i new they meant a certain type of pakistani guy. like pakistanis constantly drive around looking for trouble. they'll hang around outside the club with zero intention to come in trying to sell weed or lure girls into their cars. and they tend to move around in like 3 cars all in a line. n if they do come in their not buying any drinks and they have some big chip on their shoulder when it comes to black people. they really really love to like "prove they aren't afraid" of black guys n go picking fights with em over any minor thing. black n white guy spill drinks 50/50 chance they'll fight or be cool. pakistanis go looking to bump into guys or purposefully getting antagonistic and provotive without even any of that "you stepped on my shoe" bs... but you can tell what they look like and how they speak. pakistanis have a particular pakistani chav "init bruh" kinda accent and 90's era high fade prince naseem hair cuts and interestingly don't have beards. asians with beards n haircuts that are a bit less stuck in the 90s more fashionable jay sean-esque and with like normal accents.

so its not really due to them being pakistani its more to them being pakistani chavs.
accept they're worse than chavs. cuz chavs tend buy drinks and not flip their lid and start calling everyone racist. anyway i rambling so i'll leave it there.
Original post by Mick.w
standard answer is "we're full" if she sees we've let people in after she got rejected then just say something like "sorry love its not that type of night" or if she took her eye off the club you could say "its one in one out someone left so we let someone in" but thats risky cuz she might just reque again.

what about if she's with a group?
Original post by MatureStudent36
Why aren't you
Posting on your support on the holcaust denial thread?

Are ou going to try and turn this thread into a 'Jewish conspiracy' post?

This is the best I can do:

If they had a sign saying "Brovas only - this is an African roots night - black pride", no one would care that much.

If they had a sign saying "Jews only - Israel celebration event taking place - Hebrew pride" no one would care than much.

If they had a sign saying "Halal event, celebration of the Prophet, Muslims only, men this way, women that way" few people would care.

If they had a sign saying "White Ethnic British only - this is a celebration of the pride of white British - white pride", there would be an outcry. Word would get around and some unemployed people with long hair would be trying to ram the doors down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by hdindak
what about if she's with a group?

depends on the capacity n how many hot girls are with you and what stage of the night its at. if its near the end of the night.
Original post by Mick.w
standard answer is "we're full" if she sees we've let people in after she got rejected then just say something like "sorry love its not that type of night" or if she took her eye off the club you could say "its one in one out someone left so we let someone in" but thats risky cuz she might just reque again.

Who would be seen as not fit enough and fit enough. Like aethesitically (i know i spelt thay wrong)
Just go gym and bulk up
Original post by CycleofSpin
This is the best I can do:

If they had a sign saying "Brovas only - this is an African roots night - black pride", no one would care that much.

If they had a sign saying "Jews only - Israel celebration event taking place - Hebrew pride" no one would care than much.

If they had a sign saying "Halal event, celebration of the Prophet, Muslims only, men this way, women that way" few people would care.

If they had a sign saying "White Ethnic British only - this is a celebration of the pride of white British - white pride", there would be an outcry. Word would get around and some unemployed people with long hair would be trying to ram the doors down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have an obbesion with race. And stop with the stereotypes, not every black male refers to each other as 'brovas'. No 2 thisnis the issue with white pride evidents- it is all about denigrating other cultures and advocating violence and superioity. Black pride events means celebration of achievements black people have gone through with oppression they have faced. This along with jewish and muslim and hindi events are the case, no one claims others are worse than etc
they concrete on themsleves and are open to tihers you want to celebrate their culture, if white peiple dont come in because it says halal or something that is their problem stemming from their own issues
Original post by Hollowdon
Basically this. I work as a bouncer part time around Hackney and central London. It depends on the club owner preference and what type of people the bouncers deem suitable to come into the club.

Pleaae tell me the ones which you wouldnt advise black or asians to go to. Also do you know if the owners are being racists or the bouncers. Lastly this is about libertine nightclub, they are known for not letting in blacn people and asains. Yet they have lits of black celebs come- why is that? Like you dont like black peeps but you want them to perform?
Also about girls, who is deemed fit? Like specifics
Original post by Man.bear.pig
lmao. bouncers are so ****ed up but eh just doing your job....where are some of the places you were a doorman at?

"Just doing my job" is no justification for immoral acts. Frankly I could never work for anybody who told me to reject people from a club based on their attractiveness or ethnicity. I'd gladly tell a boss like that to go and **** themselves and then find myself a new job.
Reply 31
Who would be seen as not fit enough and fit enough. Like aethesitically (i know i spelt thay wrong)

again it depends on the night. the only restriction really is if your tryna get into a classy place and your dressed like a slag.

n attractiveness is subjective. generally the type of girls that look like i dunno... girls allowed get let in a lot. but you gotta let in a range of tastes. really clubs are about drinking and sex. whether you have sex or not is irrelevant. so you have to cater to peoples different tastes. theres a lot of people outthere that you may not think are attractive but you don't think theyre ugly. they get let in. ugly is pretty universal.
Original post by Mick.w
again it depends on the night. the only restriction really is if your tryna get into a classy place and your dressed like a slag.

n attractiveness is subjective. generally the type of girls that look like i dunno... girls allowed get let in a lot. but you gotta let in a range of tastes. really clubs are about drinking and sex. whether you have sex or not is irrelevant. so you have to cater to peoples different tastes. theres a lot of people out there that you may not think are attractive but you don't think theyre ugly. they get let in. ugly is pretty universal.

okay because I ask this because again back to discrimination and race we had an issue here in london. Where this club was known for not letting black or asian- when someone complained they said we have got some black girls in here (i think it was to silence their bad press) but you aren't good looking enough- lo and behold the black girls were few, light skinned/mixed race
Sorry if that came up as rant- but it interests me especially how one deciphers who is pretty due to it being so subjective and so influenced by other factors too
Original post by Mick.w

n attractiveness is subjective. generally the type of girls that look like i dunno... girls allowed get let in a lot. but you gotta let in a range of tastes. really clubs are about drinking and sex. whether you have sex or not is irrelevant. so you have to cater to peoples different tastes. theres a lot of people outthere that you may not think are attractive but you don't think theyre ugly. they get let in. ugly is pretty universal.

this makes me really curious about if the times I've not been allowed back into a club after leaving it was because I'm ugly :eek:
Reply 34
okay because I ask this because again back to discrimination and race we had an issue here in london. Where this club was known for not letting black or asian- when someone complained they said we have got some black girls in here (i think it was to silence their bad press) but you aren't good looking enough- lo and behold the black girls were few, light skinned/mixed race
Sorry if that came up as rant- but it interests me especially how one deciphers who is pretty due to it being so subjective and so influenced by other factors too

yea you often get a variety of choice with girls. black girls don't really turn up on mass to white clubs anyway. black girls usually just stick to rnb/funky/bashment/afrobeat nights. they often are a minority everywhere else outside of that just due to the country being mostly white.

but what you will get is as i said a racial variety in women and then an exclusive male group. so like you'll find a club wtih all white or all black guys and then a mix of women.

its rarer to see all one type of women and a mix of guys.

cause women are the bait that you lure men to the club with. cause men are the ones stupid enough to not only buy drinks for themselves but also girls too. guys spend the most. girls buy drinks at like half the rate of guys.
Reply 35
Original post by Odd socks
this makes me really curious about if the times I've not been allowed back into a club after leaving it was because I'm ugly :eek:

well if they were closing soon then yea they wont let you back in.
or they may wanna charge you again.

or one time i was working there was like. 6 girls sat in a booth n the place was getting crowded. they weren't dancing or talking to each other or drinking they had finished their drinks and were just sat there for looking grumpy and unapproachable. so when one left i didn't let her back in they came out n argued with me n i said either they can leave her out there and stay in or go out there with her and they left n then i let in 6 more people

but it also could of been they considered you ugly.

not nice but its the game
Original post by Greenlaner
"Just doing my job" is no justification for immoral acts. Frankly I could never work for anybody who told me to reject people from a club based on their attractiveness or ethnicity. I'd gladly tell a boss like that to go and **** themselves and then find myself a new job.

lucky?

Original post by Mick.w
well if they were closing soon then yea they wont let you back in.
or they may wanna charge you again.

or one time i was working there was like. 6 girls sat in a booth n the place was getting crowded. they weren't dancing or talking to each other or drinking they had finished their drinks and were just sat there for looking grumpy and unapproachable. so when one left i didn't let her back in they came out n argued with me n i said either they can leave her out there and stay in or go out there with her and they left n then i let in 6 more people

but it also could of been they considered you ugly.

not nice but its the game

that makes sense. keep the door busy with people flowing in and obv then profit. that might not even be for scene it's just practical economics to kick people out selectively (or randomly) and let more in so it's constant.
Not letting someone in because they look a bit “date rapey” is exactly the sort of reason bouncers will never be respected. Yes, you may be muscle bound, but what gives you the right to determine whether or not I’m likely to rape someone?? Come on now, bouncers are jumped up security guards who have had power bestowed upon them by *****y bar/nightclub owners. Men are held to a different standard than women, but don’t let that get in the way of the narrative.
Original post by tut123
I am a male aged 30, I don't really have my own friends.

I went out one night to a bar alone and it was quiet enough.
I had a two beer and left, I seen a lot of hot ladies going into an exciting looking nightclub.

When I walkd up to the front doors the bouncers in black jackets blocked my path and told me not a f**king chance as I was on my own.

I was well presented but club the bouncers it appears are only allowed to admit people who have friends or people they assume have social skills to meet other people.

I suppose I am supposed to be third class citizen and just live a s**tty boring a lonely life as I have very little social skills. Only guys with social skills are allowed into clubs and have first pick of hot women.

Sue them for discriminating against the autistic.
Reply 39
Bouncers are pretty racist.

I've experienced a lot of discirimination around central London with them.

If i'm with my ethnic friend we cannot get into most clubs unless a black guy is on the door [and tbh it's no guarbtee as there are a few uncle Toms out there who will discriminate against their own..]

Latest

Trending

Trending