The Student Room Group

Bruce Jenner has finally transitioned! And she looks so good too.

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't even need beer goggles. :wink:
Original post by blackened_sky
I find it baffling that you post a picture that says "call me Caitlyn" and yet you still call her Bruce. Also putting she in inverted commas is a tad rude.

Well had I called her Caityln Jenner I doubt anyone would have known who that is. When I first clicked on the story I didn't know who Caitlyn was thought it was a long lost Kardashian-Jenner that's making her debut.

As for the speech marks you're reaching. I'm an LGBT advocate.
Who are all these people
I am happy for her although I'm not gonna lie or go with the flow of yelling out ''beautiful'' just for the sake of it.
Don't get it why people could hate on this though :rolleyes: just live and let live
Original post by Daenerys...

He's serving us Jessica Lange realness.

What do you all think?

so first you put the pronouns in scare quotes in the title of the thread and then you misgender her? what the hell, and you do this all under the guise of celebration and pride?

'finally transitioned' - trans people don't need to transition to 'be' their 'new gender'. they already are. some folks transition and some don't you really dont need to hold this expectation. if caitlin hadn't changed any aspect of her look or even name then they'd still be 100% valid

TL;DR, add as many estatic gifs as you want but you're being blatantly disrepectful. don't bother if you don't even consider her a woman enough to use the correct pronouns

Well had I called her Caityln Jenner I doubt anyone would have known who that is. When I first clicked on the story I didn't know who Caitlyn was thought it was a long lost Kardashian-Jenner that's making her debut.

If you're an LGBT advocate you should be more informed, and less offensive, even if it's unintentional. Putting 'she' implies that Caitlyn isn't actually a she, which is of course false.

You could also have put "Caitlyn Jenner (previously Bruce Jenner)" and I'm pretty sure that would have cleared it up without you being slightly ignorant towards the topic.
Original post by timelizard
so first you put the pronouns in scare quotes in the title of the thread and then you misgender her? what the hell, and you do this all under the guise of celebration and pride?

'finally transitioned' - trans people don't need to transition to 'be' their 'new gender'. they already are. some folks transition and some don't you really dont need to hold this expectation. if caitlin hadn't changed any aspect of her look or even name then they'd still be 100% valid

TL;DR, add as many estatic gifs as you want but you're being blatantly disrepectful. don't bother if you don't even consider her a woman enough to use the correct pronouns

👆🏾This. You can claim to be an ally all you like, but when you fail to display the most basic signs of respect you need to re-examine yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I legitimately thought it was Jessica Lange when i first saw the cover.
She looks amazing

oh whoop de doo you're activist that literally means nothing when you misgender someone on purpose. twice. honestly you can take your self awarded advocacy award and show it off else where (also i don't care if you're LGB or any other non het sexuality, that doesn't mean you're absolved of any wrong doing. i also dont care if you didn't mean it in a bad way)

oh hey btw you might wanna find out what reaching is cos that wasn't a reach lmao
and if you think it was then perhaps you'd like to explain why you put scare quotes around 'her' and then used 'he'. is it still a reach?

i dont think its a big deal that you used her birth name but almost every single news site wrote "Caitlyn Jenner - formally known as bruce" so it's clearly not that difficult
Reply 29
Just accept the criticism Daenerys..., apologise and learn from it!

Congrats to Caitlyn though she looks great :smile: hope she feels great too.
Original post by TurtleberrySoup
👆🏾This. You can claim to be an ally all you like, but when you fail to display the most basic signs of respect you need to re-examine yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hate allies so much lmao like i swear now adays it's just a thing people tack on after saying something bigotted so you can't say anything against them (literally a few minutes ago OP was like "im an advocate stop reaching:smile:" oh gosh) . hate to break it to you but that's not how the world works.

misgendering is violence
Original post by timelizard

I'm very offended by your hostility as I consider myself a supporter of the LGBT community. I did not know much about the transmen/women before Caitlyn Jenner's transition as I didn't know anyone who was a transperson IRL and I imagine it's the same for the vast majority of people on here and out there in the real world. Transgender is something that is still relatively new and fresh in mainstream society and had it been not for Bruce recording his progress from a him to a her I would have remained ignorant.

And anyway if you go back to my opening post and re-read the tweet she put out you'd see that she refered to herself as a she in the third person as though she's not exactly there yet. It's all terribly confusing at times. Have you watched his Diane Sawyer interview (you can find it on youtube) she refers to himself as male and that she's 'on the road" to being Caitlyn.

If you are a trans person or there is a transperson reading this:

(edited 8 years ago)
She doesn't look too bad and it is good that she is happy. But what I want to know is how long will it take for her body to decompose and how many turtles will die?
Original post by cuppa
Just accept the criticism Daenerys..., apologise and learn from it!

Congrats to Caitlyn though she looks great :smile: hope she feels great too.

No. I do not accept them labeling me as a transphobe when I'm coming from a very loving and accepting place. I think they( the two random trouble makers in this thread) need to be more accepting and even if I did make a mistake "misgendering" they should've corrected me in a more convivial manner. The hostility just screams paranoia and defense mechanism.
I'm very offended by your hostility as I consider myself a supporter of the LGBT community. I did not know much about the transmen/women before Caitlyn Jenner's transition as I didn't know anyone who was a transperson IRL and I imagine it's the same for the vast majority of people on here and out there in the real world. Transgender is something that is still relatively new and fresh in mainstream society and had it been not for Bruce recording his progress from a him to a her I would have remained ignorant.

And anyway if you go back to my opening post and re-read the tweet she put out you'd see that she refered to herself as a she in the third person as though he's not exactly there yet. It's all terribly confusing at times. Have you watched his Diane Sawyer interview (you can find it on youtube) he refers to himself as male and that he's 'on the road" to being Caitlyn.

Holy ****. Her name is Caitlyn, and she is a SHE.

If you find it complicated, use "their" and stop being so disrespectful.
Reply 35
A lot of photo shop done. Still, fair play.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
It's on wikipedia, so it must be official

Posted from TSR Mobile
brb checking the url to make sure I didn't accidentally open tumblr

Good for them, not gonna say 'beautiful' because that would be dishonest, but I'm happy for them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by blackened_sky
holy ****. Her name is caitlyn, and she is a she.

If you find it complicated, use "their" and stop being so disrespectful.

this. Ily.
I'm very offended by your hostility as I consider myself a supporter of the LGBT community. I did not know much about the transmen/women before Caitlyn Jenner's transition as I didn't know anyone who was a transperson IRL and I imagine it's the same for the vast majority of people on here and out there in the real world.

cool cool but

you don't deside if you're an advocate or a supporter or an ally. your words, your actions and your behaviour when someone tells you that your are perpetuating violence does.

great, and im happy that caitlyn's (ive spelled this about 9 different ways already im sorry) publicity or public lifestyle has brought these issues out into the open, tho they weren't that far away

if you don't know any trans ppl and your unsure of appropriate conduct here's a suggestion: when people tell you what you're doing is completely and utterly inappropriate you don't become all defensive and deny any wrong doing. you listen and if you need you ask for help. the first thing you did was tell someone they were reaching and then blamed someone else for what you did and you still haven't apologiused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending