The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should gay people change in the same changing room as straight people?

Scroll to see replies

And then there's that one person who straight but claims he's gay so he can perv-out in the girls changing room.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MattSkoldpaddan
And then there's that one person who straight but claims he's gay so he can perv-out in the girls changing room.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i thought we already summed this thread up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NathanAllen
Yes i thought we already summed this thread up...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I think I skipped a page lol. Sorry!
Original post by a96clark
First off, I'll just say that I'm not homophobic and I personally couldn't care about gay people in the same changing room as me.

However, I have just thought:

We segregate men and women's changing rooms because we don't feel comfortable changing around people who could get aroused by us. However, as more people are coming out as gay, doesn't this rule still apply to men who are attracted to boys? We have the separate changing rooms in order to hide ourselves from those who would want to see our private bits, but having gay people in the same room defeats the entire point of segregating the rooms, surely?

And I know someone will come out with "OMG ******* gay people aren't attracted to every guy they see". I'm not attracted to every girl I see, but I'm still not allowed in the girls changing rooms.

Also, if the reason that we're segregated it so that everyone with one set of genitalia go in one room and everyone with another set of genitalia go in a different room, doesn't this discriminate against transgenders? And surely it's just discrimination for the sake of discrimination between sexes seeing as we're separating the changing rooms no reason.

Discuss...

(Just to reiterate, I'm not inciting hate, just thought this was interesting)

Edit:
I'm not suggesting that gay people have their own changing rooms. That defeats the point of everything I've just pointed out...
I'm not suggesting that day people should go in the opposite sex's changing room because then all the straight women would be attracted to the gay man, so it wouldn't work

I think the whole idea of segregated changing rooms isn't to avoid getting aroused- although that is definitely a bonus. I've always thought of it existing because if you have some sort of slip-up in front of the same gender they can brush it off and go "its nothing I haven't seen before". Also because teasing n ****. I could imagine a lot of girls being like "wtf is that between their legs whatwhatwhatevenmylifeisalie."

To be honest, I'm perfectly capable of imagining a cute guy/gal naked if I were in a situation where I'd want to be aroused :wink: It would be weird to just stare at someone I found attractive in broad daylight like that, guy or girl.

Also, cubicles are a thing.
I don't think its necessary because anyone could be gay and the only way you could tell if that person declared they were gay.

I feel like there is a big difference between separating changing rooms based on homosexuality and genders. A lesbian is still a woman, and a gay man is still a man. A lesbian and a straight woman have an equal amount of strength and same privates. The concern is what if the man rapes or sexually assaults the woman? I'm not saying every man is a rapist, I'm just saying there are men who might use that as advantage. I think its better for there to be separated changing room based on gender not every female and male is conformable changing in front of the opposite gender.

There is a difference between a girl changing her pants, and shirt and exposing her underwear and bra with the same gender versus her doing in front of a guy who has a bulge in her direction in the locker room or any changing room without a cubicle.
(edited 7 years ago)
Imagine some straight guy prancing around in the changing room with his peepee out ''OMG PLZ DONT OBJECTIFY ME''
OP is extremely unconvincing in his attempts to not appear the homophobe he almost certainly is ...

the entire concept of seperate changing rooms is pandering to some kind of ridiculous repressed Victorian idiocy...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SmileyVibe
<snip>s. The concern is what if the man rapes or sexually assaults the woman? I'm not saying every man is a rapist,.

like the unholy trinity of hate who use the same arguments over this and also the whole trans toilet debacle you are in fact saying that ...

the irony of course being the number of right wing . 'social conservative' religious types caught with their pants down and their hands or anatomy someone in or on the part fo the young male or female ...

in otherwords the repressed bible bashers and up tight not quite far rights types can;t trusrt themselves and their TERFy female freinds see the opportunity to stick the boot in
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending