The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Women are physically inferior to men. That is a FACT

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I agree but I don't think inferior is the word, just different. Undeniably different.
Original post by PQ
I can assure you (based on well over a decade of working in and around admissions) that that scenario never happens (there are always academic differential factors from the PS, reference or module performance of applicants) and even if it did occur protected characteristics (as listed in the Equalities Act) are not considered in marginal decision making (unless a university has detailed evidence that a characteristic can have an impact on potential to succeed).

As I said - if you can direct me to a university admissions statement or a situation where a UK university has recruited an applicant with lower grades based on gender alone then I'm more than happy to retract the above assertion. But it isn't something I've ever encountered and I strongly doubt that any evidence for that sort of admissions practice exists.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the decision would ever be made on gender alone.
But added to a list of other factors, being from a minority group would make a person seem (marginally) more desirable than if they were froma majority group.
I’m not saying it would be the deciding factor, I’m justsaying minority-ness would be added on to a list of a person’s pros (along with all the other factors) :h:
Am I wrong? :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lissy14
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the decision would ever be made on gender alone.
But added to a list of other factors, being from a minority group would make a person seem (marginally) more desirable than if they were froma majority group.
I’m not saying it would be the deciding factor, I’m justsaying minority-ness would be added on to a list of a person’s pros (along with all the other factors) :h:
Am I wrong? :s-smilie:

Yes
Original post by PQ
Yes

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:
*When you realise you gave someone an easy relpy* :tongue:

I would ask why but I can see we are never going to come to the same conclusion-
Agree to disagree :h: xxx
Original post by Lissy14
Not all women are physical inferior to men...
That's a bit of a generalisation.

I could definitely beat quite a few guys in a fight.

It annoys me when people tell me I only got a job because I'm a girl.
It's not true. I got the same grades (and even better grades than some).

Granted some unis accept girls who did seemingly irrelevant A levels onto STEM courses. But that is because universities accept that, at 16 years old, when kids are deciding their Alevels, they may have made a bit of a mistake.
(They still have to get the same grades in the subjects they did take though!)

“I could definitely beat quite a few guys in a fight” No you wouldn’t. It’s dangerous to be this delusional.

Latest

Trending

Trending