The Student Room Group

Are mail order bride relationships the way forward.

Given the rise of the tinder generation and the questionable relationship game in many places. Does it make sense for more and more men to start using mail order bride agencys.

If you're a tradionally minded man who wishes for an equally traditional bride it seems like a good means to find love and a strong marriage.

Mail order marriages have been blossoming in recent years and I think it would benefit the country to have more strong stable traditional families. Perhaps this could be supported by the state in some way.

I think some nerdy guy who manages tog et a traditional woman and have a few kids is much more beneficial for the nation than another single mum with her thug spawn baby.

I'd liek to see measures to support men and develop a new counter culture to the single mother generation.

Discuss.
Reply 1
No.

And, if you don't want us to call you out on your trolling, prove it. Blossoming? Give us numbers.
Reply 2
Original post by Drewski
No.

And, if you don't want us to call you out on your trolling, prove it. Blossoming? Give us numbers.

Do your own research. I am not your researcher. It is common knowledge at this point.
Reply 3
Original post by DawgEater
Do your own research.

No. You're presenting a point, saying "this is true", the onus is on you to prove it.

It is common knowledge at this point.

No, it isn't.

How many mail order marriages happen every year? How many are still together 5, 10+ years later?
Reply 4
working class men may arguably do better marrying a mail order bride than going for a Western woman, particularly given the levels of early single motherhood and benefit dependence in those communities, obesity rates, and the risk of being completely wiped out in divorce. However these men would probably struggle to get a quality mail order bride due to their low salary (which would restrict immigration options) and lower desirability.

Middle class men would be able to get a good mail order bride, but they also have slightly better options on the domestic dating market (access to higher quality women, fewer single mothers, lower obesity rates, lower divorce rates, etc) so they don't have quite as strong incentives to look overseas.

Also the race/ethnicity thing is important - many people want their children to look like them, and to grow up with the same culture they have. This rules out brides from many countries.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Given the rise of the tinder generation and the questionable relationship game in many places. Does it make sense for more and more men to start using mail order bride agencys.

If you're a tradionally minded man who wishes for an equally traditional bride it seems like a good means to find love and a strong marriage.

(A)Mail order marriages have been blossoming in recent years and(B)I think it would benefit the country to have more strong stable traditional families. Perhaps this could be supported by the state in some way.

I think some nerdy guy who manages tog et a traditional woman and have a few kids is much more beneficial for the nation than another single mum with her thug spawn baby.

I'd liek to see measures to support men and develop a new counter culture to the single mother generation.

Discuss.

1. Justify (A)
2. Explain and justify the relationship between (A) and (B)
Reply 6
Original post by poohat
working class men may arguably do better marrying a mail order bride than going for a Western woman, particularly given the levels of early single motherhood and benefit dependence in those communities, obesity rates, and the risk of being completely wiped out in divorce. However these men would probably struggle to get a quality mail order bride due to their low salary (which would restrict immigration options) and lower desirability.

Middle class men would be able to get a good mail order bride, but they also have slightly better options on the domestic dating market (access to higher quality women, fewer single mothers, lower obesity rates, lower divorce rates, etc) so they don't have quite as strong incentives to look overseas.

Also the race/ethnicity thing is important - many people want their children to look like them, and to grow up with the same culture they have. This rules out brides from many countries.

Some working class men make good money and although rough around the edges aren't bad guys. I think many should do better than the obese, single mums whoa re available in their communitites.

Middle class men may have better options, but they're older options. usually middle class women hold out until early thirties before they settle down, by which point they have given their best years to other men.

I understand your point, but eastern european women would produce a baby that would look not too dissimilar from a white British person. I don't think i'd want a kid who looked asian, just because i want them to have a simialar appearance to me (tall, physically big and with Mediterranean looks).

The kids would prob be lighter than me, but i don't mind.
Reply 7
Original post by VannR
1. Justify (A)
2. Explain and justify the relationship between (A) and (B)

A) More men are marrying foreign women whether through travelling, the women trvelling or marriage agencys.

B) Divorce is mainly instigated by women, specifically western women. Therefore men marrying foreign women are more likely to have strong families and relationships and thus generate stronger offspring.

There is something amazing about a masculine man, femenine wife and their numerous children. Especially if the parents are good looking. That's what I hope to acheive.

It certainly beats out obese white woman in tracksuit bottoms, fag in hand and mulatto baby in tow.
Reply 8
A) More men are marrying foreign women whether through travelling, the women trvelling or marriage agencys.

Define "more".
Reply 9
Some working class men make good money and although rough around the edges aren't bad guys. I think many should do better than the obese, single mums whoa re available in their communitites.
Agreed, but on the flip side, many working class women are fundamentally decent people and not obese/single mothers/etc. And I do think that most people want someone who is culturally similar - if you come from a working class background then you probably want someone who grew up in a similar environment and who you can relate to, rather than (e.g.) some privately schooled lawyer or an Eastern European. Compatibility of background matters a lot, imo.

Middle class men may have better options, but they're older options. usually middle class women hold out until early thirties before they settle down, by which point they have given their best years to other men.
I'm not sure how true that is - middle class people tend to marry later, but are often in long term co-habiting relationships before that. Yeah, if you're a professional middle-class guy you probably won't get married until you are 30+, but its not uncommon for your wife to be someone you have been dating for 5+ years prior to that.

I think a better question is "as a guy, why would you even consider getting married at all?" rather than "who should you marry?"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by poohat
Agreed, but on the flip side, many working class women are fundamentally decent people and not obese/single mothers/etc. And again, people want someone who is culturally similar - if you come from a working class background then you probably want someone who grew up in a similar environment and who you can relate to, rather than (e.g.) some Cambridge educated lawyer or an Eastern European. Compatibility of background matters a lot, imo.

I'm not sure how true that is - middle class people tend to marry later, but are often in long term co-habiting relationships before that. Yeah, if you're a professional middle-class guy you probably won't get married until you are 30+, but its not uncommon for your wife to be someone you have been dating for 5+ years prior to that.

I think working class women are more often than not bad people. Very many are just trying to scheme the system as much as possible, but i get your point about comparability, although I think men tend to want traditionally femenine women.

In fact I saw a show where a guy went to four different women's houses and they all cooked for him. He was a good looking working class guy and he turned down all three working class British women for an eastern european girl. Really British women can't compete.

I think marriage is just on terminal decline in the UK. Whether middle class or working class. Although many middle class guys date for a long time before settling down properly, so I follow your point.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
You need to start referring to some actual reliable sources, such as social studies and supporting statistics in order to be taken seriously. Right now you just look like someone who wants a foreign girlfriend because you have an idealised notion of what foreign women are like coming from nothing but ignorance about other cultures and a general negativity about domestic relationships, possibly coming from personal experiences.
Reply 12
Original post by VannR
You need to start referring to some actual reliable sources, such as social studies and supporting statistics in order to be taken seriously. Right now you just look like someone who wants a foreign girlfriend because you have an idealised notion of what foreign women are like coming from nothing but ignorance about other cultures and a general negativity about domestic relationships, possibly coming from personal experiences.

Do your own work. I have a foreign girlfriend and have had for the last two years.
Reply 13
Do your own work. I have a foreign girlfriend and have had for the last two years.

You are proving my point - if you were worth taking seriously you would see this as 'work' that you should be doing.

P.S. there's a whole lot of 'foreign' people out there. You cannot say that 'foreign' women are better based on your experiences with one, or maybe even a few 'foreign' women. Again, the need for sources arises!
Reply 14
Original post by VannR
You are proving my point - if you were worth taking seriously you would see this as 'work' that you should be doing.

P.S. there's a whole lot of 'foreign' people out there. You cannot say that 'foreign' women are better based on your experiences with one, or maybe even a few 'foreign' women. Again, the need for sources arises!

This is a discussion forum, I don't need to follow some silly laws that you have made up. I made a statement, i gave my opinion and thats that.

I am not going to source my work lol. You prefer harvard or number method lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending