The Student Room Group

Men protecting Women?

Scroll to see replies

I know I would protect a woman if she was being attacked
Original post by quentinhamilton
I know I would protect a woman if she was being attacked

what if she started the fight herself?
would you defend a man if he was in her same position?
Original post by zippity.doodah
what if she started the fight herself?
would you defend a man if he was in her same position?

I would defend a man if he was in a vulnerable position.
If a woman is able to defend herself I wouldn't intervene
I would defend a man if he was in a vulnerable position.
If a woman is able to defend herself I wouldn't intervene

and what if the woman started the fight herself
and what if the woman started the fight herself

if she was being attacked then yes
if she was being attacked then yes

so you'd defend somebody who'd attack someone unprovoked?
so you'd defend somebody who'd attack someone unprovoked?
Why wouldn't I?
Original post by william walker
Yeah this has happened because of the sexual revolution and everything that comes with it. However helping women and the idea of honour and duty seem to have done away with because of WW1. Both things are Liberals ruining the nation and murdering the population. So the Guardian can't really complain about this given its political view.

What the actual eff?

Please tell me you don't actually believe the spurious bs that comes out of your mouth.
Why wouldn't I?

....because they're the bad person :| why would you defend the bad person
....because they're the bad person :| why would you defend the bad person

I'd defend anyone who is being attacked regardless of their gender. Maybe they should consider solving their issues in a more civilised manner
I'd defend anyone who is being attacked regardless of their gender. Maybe they should consider solving their issues in a more civilised manner

no I mean, the woman has attacked the man - why wouldn't you defend *the man* here? he's the victim
no I mean, the woman has attacked the man - why wouldn't you defend *the man* here? he's the victim

Why would I defend the woman then?

you were the one that said you would
you said "why wouldn't I?" when I asked you "why would you defend someone who'd attack first" when I posed this as "the woman has attacked first"
you were the one that said you would
you said "why wouldn't I?" when I asked you "why would you defend someone who'd attack first" when I posed this as "the woman has attacked first"

I misunderstood your question. I was referring to a male attacking back a woman who attacked first.

He's been pretty clear in what he was asking from the beginning.. how are you not understanding?
Original post by Spetznaaz
He's been pretty clear in what he was asking from the beginning.. how are you not understanding?

Why are you concerned?
Why are you concerned?

Lol concerned?

I was just reading the posts and noticed you kept misunderstanding the question, which seemed odd considering how simple it was.
Original post by Spetznaaz
Lol concerned?

I was just reading the posts and noticed you kept misunderstanding the question, which seemed odd considering how simple it was.

I said I'd defend a woman attacked hence the question asked was pretty self-explanatory and irrelevant
Reply 98
Original post by william walker
A women I am friends with on Facebook was attacked by a dude after they bumped cars. He punched her twice and then left. There was a guy standing on the pavement and he did nothing. Just stood their and watched. Then after she shouted at him what are you doing, why didn't you step in. The guy said because he thought they were in a relationship.

So my question is should it not be the duty of all men to protect women if they are being attacked by another man.

Of course it is. Any man who allows a woman to get beaten up in front of him by another man and doesn't attempt to help is not a real man to begin with.
To be honest, i dont think it's my duty to protect anybody, other than the people i love. For some people it is second nature to protect anybody, male or female, but it isn't really like that with me. Its sad to hear that someone just stood and watched though, of course. If it was a fully grown man hitting a woman i couldnt physically do anything, either, so there is an assessment involved of how exactly one can successfully protect another. In that situation id probably phone the police or something, or shout something at the aggressor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending