The Student Room Group

Men who have narrow / squinty eyes deemed attractive? Explain

if you look at who is deemd commercially handsome - they all have quite squinty eyes, why is this deemed attractive . this seems to transcend across differnt races too

Can anyone explain?

see below brad pitt, tom cruise, tyrese beckford, david bekham etc

1.jpg

edexcel sending.jpg
edexcel sending.jpg
edexcel sending.jpg
edexcel sending.jpg
Do they? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find 'attractive' guys whose eyes aren't 'squinty'.
It's because it's associated with high testosterone :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually I read something once where people squinted in pictures were deemed more attractive than the ones who did not.
Is it the same with girls, where bigger eyes are deemed more attractive?
Reply 5
Original post by cake_lover
Is it the same with girls, where bigger eyes are deemed more attractive?

yes, the opposite is undoutabley true for women - so the question remains why is this - do attractive males have some distant east asian genes in their background?
Reply 6
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Actually I read something once where people squinted in pictures were deemed more attractive than the ones who did not.

you just need to google, the pictures chosen for publication of these so called 'superhunks' have them looking quite squinty

there must be some sort of anthropological or cultural explanation
It's because it makes them look slightly more aggressive :redface:
Reply 8
as i said trend spans race / nationality ie

Asian/ india

6.png

europe italy

Attachment not found
Reply 9
Original post by Raichu 99

Posted from TSR Mobile

is it? any evidence for this?
Off the top of my head, a man with big wide eyes and seemingly little testosterone
Elijah Wood.
Maybeyou have something.

Original post by Raichu 99

Posted from TSR Mobile
They just happen to have narrow eyes. You can find many others who don't have narrow eyes who are just as hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Many factors contribute to how attractive someone is but I personally do find squinty eyes attractive, especially if they're green or blue :colondollar: But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be attracted to someone with different shaped or coloured eyes.

I can't explain why this is. I do have quite squinty green eyes myself, so maybe it's a tribal thing :confused:
(edited 8 years ago)
Because most of the cameras have flash?
Reply 14
Original post by bassbabe
It's because it makes them look slightly more aggressive :redface:

Lol I would not of guessed that.
It's just a pose, the kind magnum/blue steel are parodies of. Women do it too, usually looking upwards. I'd guess at it being called 'come hither eyes', but I didn't study photography tbh.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

I squint and sort of look Asian because I have an eye infection. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending