Check out other Related discussions

Africa is a lost cause.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Law-Hopeful
So you agree that apocalypse is exclusive to Africa? :wink:

I don't know, does Africa have a past record of apocalypses? :wink:
Reply 41
Original post by AccountingBabe
But does it actually help the less fortunate? Are we getting anywhere by sending aid to these countries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Every little helps. Its the more humane thing to do putting aside economics.
Original post by childofthesun
I don't know, does Africa have a past record of apocalypses? :wink:

Not sure, when did you move to the Ivory Coast? :mmm:
Original post by PillsIV
Why would it, when the government take a portion then the African government take a cut for themselves.

I wonder how much money actually goes to what it was raised for?

Exactly what I'm saying.
Not sure, when did you move to the Ivory Coast? :mmm:

3-1 :angry:
Tourism has helped Kenya SO much. Another way we could help other African countries?
Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa.

You're dreaming. Especially with South Africa. They'll be the new Zimbabwe within 10 years the way they're going
3-1 :angry:

:u:

Spoiler

Original post by flollie
This is the most privileged, ill-thought out and downright disgusting pile of opinions I've heard in a while. "Lost cause" and "wasting money"? "I don't think we should be sending aid"? This is West-centric, racist and capitalist propaganda at its finest. For a start, the West is directly responsible for much of the suffering African countries are undergoing at the moment (think slavery, colonialism and Western arms dealing) so if you don't think we're obligated to help because it's "nothing to do with us" then you're wrong. Secondly, not even considering the historical background to much of Africa's current situation, just being a human should dictate we help. Your life, your privileged and wealthy (even if only relatively) life, is not worth any more than any African's. Morally and ethically it is so wrong to even suggest what you suggest - in itself it is a form of eugenics and genocide. You are suggesting a passive choosing of those to die to "cleanse" and "liberate" the world of their economic and social demands. It's disgusting. I can't even comprehend how you even think that sacrificing human life is an acceptable suggestion. Also, there'll be more disease? Sending aid is supposed to combat this disease, for a start. When aid is sent much of it is medication - this eliminates disease and therefore decreases world levels. Also, if disease were to grow, it would be very likely indeed that regardless of how many more people there were it would stay contained within Africa. The economic plight of these people, even with aid, dictates a lack of movement internationally for them. This post basically translates to "I think I, and people like me who live in similar situations, are worth more than those who suffer as a direct consequence of my ancestors actions. Please don't let them not suffer. I want to stay in a position where I can pretend I'm better than them". Maybe when you're next ill or hurt and you get help or medication or treatment, imagine life without those liberties and privileges. Then think about what you've wished on others and ask for some forgiveness.

:yy:
Reply 49
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think we should be sending aid to Africa.

I think it's too late to help them and we're just wasting money on them. If you think about it, the more Africans we save the more overpopulated the world will become and the more disease there will be.

I think we should be focusing on our own issues in our own countries.

when you say we what do you mean? the government or privately ran charities?

privately ran charities is a meh. often they do almost as much bad as they do good. they kinda ruin local economies and in some cases really mess up. like Live 8 gave food to the government to help starving people and the government put the food in rival tribal territory so that the the starving tribes had to either starve to death or get killed by rival tribes. this killed more people than those who died back during the first live aid.

toms shoes made a charity deal where everytime you buy a pair of toms shoes they give a pair to africa for charity.

problem with that is now no africans can work as shoe makers because toms shoes are screwing their market.

then you have government charity. which is not really charity. that is why the uk and america give loads of charity abroad. its political leverage and bribery.

the uk and usa give loads of charity aid to pakistan. cuz if they dont. china and russia will step in and give charity and then have leverage over them. which could be bad for us.

so charity is not really what it seems.
:u:

Spoiler

Don't ask questions
Reply 51
Original post by marco14196
It's sad to say but despite some progress being made, much of Africa is still as messed up as it was a century ago. The world has sped ahead of Africa and left it behind

I agree with you on that point. Its so frustrating to see how many people in West Africa are still dying from Ebola, but any person with a 'higher status' gets treated elsewhere in well developed countries and survives because of this! The response to this outbreak has been appaulling, it took the medical professionals months before they realised it was the Ebola virus thats been causing deaths!
Original post by Zara A
Hi guys, I am studying the topic 'Ebola' for my EPQ. Could you please fill in my survey? Thank you.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L3GKDW9

Ooh cool. I did my EPQ on Swine Flu and SARS with a bit of MERS thrown in for good measure.
Don't ask questions

Typical religious individual that hates questioning things :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Zara A
Hi guys, I am studying the topic 'Ebola' for my EPQ. Could you please fill in my survey? Thank you.

Erm, no. Start your own thread...
Reply 54
Original post by marco14196
Ooh cool. I did my EPQ on Swine Flu and SARS with a bit of MERS thrown in for good measure.

They're good topics!
Because rape and genocide are exclusive to Africa? :rolleyes: :facepalm:

I didn't say that it was. Try again.

Original post by ShotsFired-9941

You've go to be either be a graduate from crap university or you are as old as my dad.

Neither. Fancy trying again?

Original post by Imperion
Wow... you're probably one of the most ignorant people on this site.

Original post by High Stakes
Africa is the future.

I highly doubt that. Hopefully the future won't be tribal wars, corruption and all the other stuff I mentioned above.
Original post by Another
I'm tempted to say "had". There are a lot of resources, but Western Companies are sucking most areas bone dry and keeping the profits to themselves. If we remove aid and all forms of western intervention at the same time, that trade might actually pay off (for Africa, that is. Us? we'd be screwed)

That's the thing, Africa should gain more independance but since most govs are corrupt and have strong ties with Western/Asian companies, but I don't see it happening soon :\
Original post by Just_Another_One
Tourism has helped Kenya SO much. Another way we could help other African countries?

It won't help much if terror attacks continue lol
Maybe you should go to Africa

Posted from TSR Mobile
We need a scramble for Africa round 2 and sort all the mess out we left behind

Latest

Trending

Trending