The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What harm do homosexuals cause?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palsied
Drift can do whatever tf she wants to. There's nothing inherently not girly about telling someone to suck your dick

You can't tell if a post is girly point wise. By the way you phrase that point can be 'girly'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by SamuelSingleton
suppose the question could be raised whether a child would (or even could...) miss a mother they never knew? if they grew up from birth to adolescent with 2 fathers that would be the normal

If the mother has passed away, then the child should be adopted by a man and a woman.
Original post by HAnwar
If the mother has passed away, then the child should be adopted by a man and a woman.

And what if the child is conceived by two men paying a surrogate mother whom wants nothing to do with the child, she is merely "providing a service"
Reply 43
And what if the child is conceived by two men paying a surrogate mother whom wants nothing to do with the child, she is merely "providing a service"

I believe this 'service' is wrong.
Putting aside surrogacy, it's unfair on a child to grow up without a mother. It's bad enough children grow up without mothers (it's no one's fault if the mother dies), but intentionally taking that away from a child is wrong.
Original post by HAnwar
Putting aside surrogacy, it's unfair on a child to grow up without a mother. It's bad enough children grow up without mothers (it's no one's fault if the mother dies), but intentionally taking that away from a child is wrong.

That's just because you grew up with a mother and do not know anything different, and could not see yourself having a childhood without her. There is no evidence that two fathers or two mothers are worse parents than a mother and a father, or that the child is damaged as a result.
Original post by HAnwar

According to Islamic teacings, yeah

According to reason and evidence, no

We don't live in Saudi Arabia, I suggest you pack up and leave

In that case, all parties should be put to death according to her.
Original post by HAnwar

Original post by HAnwar

so hypothetically.. if a baby is born who's mother and father both die during childbirth, and there are no heterosexual couples who want to adopt the baby, but there is a perfectly happy homosexual couple who would. You would prefer the baby to grow up in an orphanage - deprived of human love, destined to institutionalization ?
Reply 48
Original post by Lady Comstock
That's just because you grew up with a mother and do not know anything different, and could not see yourself having a childhood without her. There is no evidence that two fathers or two mothers are worse parents than a mother and a father, or that the child is damaged as a result.

So you don't think a child ever wishes they could have a mother?
What about a girl being adopted by two men. I'm sure they are some things a girl would prefer talking to a female about than a guy.
Original post by HAnwar
What about a girl being adopted by two men. I'm sure they are some things a girl would prefer talking to a female about than a guy.

Yeah because a girl being brought up by two men clearly never comes into contact with females in her life, there are clearly no women in the men's family and the girl is clearly isolated from all contact with the approximately 3 billion females in the world.
Reply 50
Original post by driftawaay
According to Islamic teacings, yeah

According to reason and evidence, no

We don't live in Saudi Arabia, I suggest you pack up and leave

Reason and evidence which you have given none of.

If you can't engage in a proper debate like others are doing, then I think you should leave this thread.

And oh yeah, not everyone is going to hold the same opinion as you always, so I suggest you start getting used to it otherwise life out of TSR will be very hard for you.
Reply 51
so hypothetically.. if a baby is born who's mother and father both die during childbirth, and there are no heterosexual couples who want to adopt the baby, but there is a perfectly happy homosexual couple who would. You would prefer the baby to grow up in an orphanage - deprived of human love, destined to institutionalization ?

How do you know a heterosexual couple won't come a day or two later to adopt?
Original post by HAnwar

Some children wish they had no parents and were free to act as adults, so what's your point? There is no evidence that a child's best interests are not served by two same-sex parents.

And, female relatives to chat to? Grandmother? Aunt?
Reply 53
Original post by driftawaay
Yeah because a girl being brought up by two men clearly never comes into contact with females in her life, there are clearly no women in the men's family and the girl is clearly isolated from all contact with the approximately 3 billion females in the world.

You can only have one real mother.
Don't tell me 3 billion other women hold the same connection a mother and child have.
Original post by HAnwar
Reason and evidence which you have given none of.

If you can't engage in a proper debate like others are doing, then I think you should leave this thread.

And oh yeah, not everyone is going to hold the same opinion as you always, so I suggest you start getting used to it otherwise life out of TSR will be very hard for you.

I have given you reason in my last comment, which clearly refuted your 'she will want to talk to a girl' argument and now you are pissed because you have been educated.

Scientific opinion is evidence and so are all the children who have been raised by same sex parents who are completely fine and will tell you that you are wrong.

You are talking about something that you are severely uneducated about and ignorant of, this issue is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of people like you
having unfounded and idiotic beliefs which is the reason why gays get killed and are not allowed to have children in dozens of countries in the world.

I suggest you start getting used to the fact that gays can have children in the UK and will be able to do so in most countries as the years progess, so I suggest you get used to it or life is going to very hard for you.
Reply 55
Original post by HAnwar

If we all lived by that logic nothing would get done.
Original post by HAnwar

Given the fact that there are millions of orphans in the world and they didn't get adopted today, it is highly unlikely they are going to be adopted tomorrow.
Original post by HAnwar

I'm saying hypothetically no heterosexual couple wants to adopt it...

Lets up the situation. Pretend you're the owner of an orphanage and there's one child that has been there since they were born (lets say the child is now 5 years old) so they've been there fore 5 years... they're the oldest child in the orphanage, every other baby has been adopted but for some reason this child has been left behind

every day a homosexual couple come in to try and adopt this child, they want to show him/her all of their love and give it basic human necessities

can you say that you could honestly live with yourself not allowing that child to be adopted and loved unconditionally, just because of the sexuality of the parents ?
Original post by Tooly
If we all lived by that logic nothing would get done.

That's why her culture still lives like it's 1500. Nothing ever got done.
Original post by HAnwar

If this were true you would't have children living their entire youth in orphanages.

Latest

Trending

Trending