The Student Room Group

Do Unis pay for dyslexia assessments?

More specifically does anyone know if university of Huddersfield pay for the assessments?
Very unlikely. Universities are greedy institutions.
Original post by MaxFree
More specifically does anyone know if university of Huddersfield pay for the assessments?

Generally unis might get you a discount, mine was only £100 (a dyslexia report lasts your adult life so worth paying for anyway) when their normally £250-300.
Give student support services a call http://www.hud.ac.uk/wellbeing-disability-services/disabilityservices/.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Generally unis might get you a discount, mine was only £100 (a dyslexia report lasts your adult life so worth paying for anyway) when their normally £250-300.
Give student support services a call http://www.hud.ac.uk/wellbeing-disability-services/disabilityservices/.

Thanks I'll call them tomorrow, do you know if you can have the assessment before the start of the course?(I'll call and ask this too)
I swear i got my dyslexia report for free
Reply 5
Original post by Hachik0
I swear i got my dyslexia report for free

Was it the full one?

How did that happen, who did the assessment and where?
Original post by MaxFree
Thanks I'll call them tomorrow, do you know if you can have the assessment before the start of the course?(I'll call and ask this too)

i dont know about huddersfield but my uni lets you have one once you ve enrolled.
Original post by MaxFree
Was it the full one?

How did that happen, who did the assessment and where?

Yeah it was the full report. I was at the UWTSD (Wales) I don't no if it's different compared to England but i know you don't need to pay as much for yours course tuition wise.
This is the sort of thing the Access to Learning fund can be used for.

You need to talk to disability services first.
Reply 9
Original post by Hachik0
Yeah it was the full report. I was at the UWTSD (Wales) I don't no if it's different compared to England but i know you don't need to pay as much for yours course tuition wise.

How long ago was this?
Reply 10
I'm aware of some uni's still offering free full diagnostic assessments, though in the current climate for DSA and funding I doubt this will alst. Typically expect to pay around £300-400 for a full diagnostic report unless its subsidised.
Original post by MaxFree
How long ago was this?

End of last year
My uni funded mine, but they tend to test you using a computer test and written form. So not everyone gets to have an assessment. In my case they was enough to warrant an assessment. The assessment confirmed that I was dyslexic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending