The Student Room Group

GOGSoc

Scroll to see replies

An extra level of pointless censorship and the interpretation of rules in ways they could never realistically be interpreted?

Oh, the joys :rolleyes:
A watered down minimod.
Reply 7982
Ethereal, if more thread tagging/stickying/etc gets done in the PS helper forum, surely that's better? I know I don't have the time to do that often enough for the forum in peak season.
Well then, let me be the first to say well done Rottcodd rather than ranting about forum rules. :p:
Athena, it all depends on how it creeps on to areas of abuse no?
random thing for the day - am so glad I've still got my athens account and Amazon search inside is a wonderful thing.
apotoftea
random thing for the day - am so glad I've still got my athens account and Amazon search inside is a wonderful thing.

You biatch. They disabled mine. I'm really upset about it. :frown:
IlexAquifolium
You biatch. They disabled mine. I'm really upset about it. :frown:

Hehe, still got full access to Jstor, Ebrary, Projectmuse etc etc :p: Can't wait for September though - getting to use the entire U.o.London resources :biggrin:
My Durham JSTOR/Athens access is blocked now, but I am now a student of 3 different universities (Nottingham Trent, Birmingham City [used to be UCE] and Canterbury Christ Church), so I have über-journal access :yeah:
Becca
My Durham JSTOR/Athens access is blocked now, but I am now a student of 3 different universities (Nottingham Trent, Birmingham City [used to be UCE] and Canterbury Christ Church), so I have über-journal access :yeah:

If there's something I desperately need, would you be amenable to downloading it for me if I ask really nicely? :redface:
IlexAquifolium
If there's something I desperately need, would you be amenable to downloading it for me if I ask really nicely? :redface:

Yes I would be amenable to that, as long as you give me specifics. I don't want to have to trawl :p:
Becca
Yes I would be amenable to that, as long as you give me specifics. I don't want to have to trawl :p:

Oh God, of course. I'd fling you a link. I hate journal trawling.

Which reminds me, I have to sign up to the PSA when I get paid.
IlexAquifolium
Oh God, of course. I'd fling you a link. I hate journal trawling.

Which reminds me, I have to sign up to the PSA when I get paid.

Coolio, just PM me if you want me to find you something and I'll take a look, although my search skills aren't the best, but I promise to try hard :p:
bingo - that's the sort of article I was looking for (sorry, having an excited moment) :biggrin:
oh no, i seem to be dragging myself into prestige wars. run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IlexAquifolium

Isn't this technically illegal?
Reply 7996
I'm having radical ideas. I may take a year out and travel to Australia next year, and try and get involved on some archaeology projects in Europe, rather than starting my MA straight away. This thing with my ex has totally screwed me up emotionally, I just need to get out of this rut I think. Not been a good week :frown:
Tomber
I'm having radical ideas. I may take a year out and travel to Australia next year, and try and get involved on some archaeology projects in Europe, rather than starting my MA straight away. This thing with my ex has totally screwed me up emotionally, I just need to get out of this rut I think. Not been a good week :frown:

I wish I'd had the chance to travel - it is something I hope to do in the future, but fear it make just become a dream I regret I did not have the chance to fulfil. I think you should do it whilst you can.

Don't let someone who walked away screw you up (easier said than done, I am speaking from recent bitter experience) - it's their loss and their **** up.
Reply 7998
I've emailed the subwarden people, to see if it's possible to defer my place for a year, I think what happens largely depends on what they say.
Tomber

:hugs: A break away might do you some good. Just to mention the inevitable, would it cause any problems cost wise or you thinking of working for a bit too?

Latest

Trending

Trending