The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are American houses so much nicer than British houses?

Scroll to see replies

I'm sorry, I've been on forums and been in conversations where people actually converse like adults. They don't run and report or resort to childish rhetoric when proven wrong.
Original post by Bill_Gates
big man on the internet? that's you not me.

i can see you had a tough upbringing haha

I grew up blessed but with life's inevitable curveballs as well, but I see you're lost intellectually and are trying to make me feel bad or something, while you evade answering simple questions relevant to the topic. It's...not working :indiff:
Original post by Sweet n Sour
I grew up blessed but with life's inevitable curveballs as well, but I see you're lost intellectually and are trying to make me feel bad or something, while you evade answering simple questions relevant to the topic. It's...not working :indiff:

that's no reason to attack people missy.
that's no reason to attack people missy.

What the hell are you on about now?

You failed to do the simple homework assignment as well which was answering what the difference between US poverty and UK poverty would look like, architecturally speaking.
(edited 8 years ago)
What the hell are you on about now?

You failed to do the simple homework assignment as well which was answering what the difference between US poverty and UK poverty would look like, architecturally speaking.

aw you edited your post.
aw you edited your post.

So? Hey are you embarrassed being yourself, because you should be. Anyway I'm gonna go for a pee then go to bed, have fun being...you know...whatever. :indiff:
So? Hey are you embarrassed being yourself, because you should be? Anyway I'm gonna go for a pee then go to bed, have fun being...you know...whatever. :indiff:

night x
Gtfo my PMs Bill.
Gtfo my PMs Bill.

netflix and........
x.

x

Compose yourselves¡! :woo:

'Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.' - John 4:7

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by TimmonaPortella
That:

Even though there is less land in the UK they can still make the design look nice, but they decided to make them look like sh*t for some reason (like in the picture I showed)
Original post by Anon_98
Compose yourselves¡! :woo:

'Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.' - John 4:7

Posted from TSR Mobile

she's wkd! :smile:
Original post by zigglr
Even though there is less land in the UK they can still make the design look nice, but they decided to make them look like sh*t for some reason (like in the picture I showed)

You can find that anywhere. There are lots of lovely houses in the UK. Stop trolling.
Reply 73
Original post by TimmonaPortella
You can find that anywhere. There are lots of lovely houses in the UK. Stop trolling.

The expensive ones are nice, but the ones that are £300k or less (which is roughly what the houses in both the american and british photos would cost) look nasty compared to american houses:

http://blog.educastur.es/secbilluanco/files/2009/05/british-house-1.jpg
she's wkd! :smile:

Yay! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Because they just designed them better and bigger.

In Britain they want to make the most out of the space so they build smaller and more simplistic designs.
It's true that the land in the UK is much more expensive and limited than in the US, the same price for a 2 acre plot of land in the UK could feasibly buy a much larger plot in the US.
The houses shown in the picture are also worker's terraced houses from the industrial revolution, made in industrial towns specifically to house factory workers and their families and keep them close to their job - so it makes sense to make them smaller and more compact because it means they can have more workers for the factory, and as they're made to save money, that also means they have to have less space (this makes sense if you refer back to my 2 acre plot of land metaphor).

And as previously stressed, both are from different eras of architectural design. And it might just be a case that one example appeals more to any one individual than another lol
Reply 77
Not true!! :lol:
Firstly if you knew anything you'd know the American middle class is not well off. It is like a mere $1000 more than the poverty line, or working class. I know because when I try to get certain student aid and other government funds, I cannot because I provide my mother's income and she is denied because she makes like the smallest amount more. You're so smart, making threads off links you googled and don't understand. Least you could do is google the American socioeconomic disparity between classes.

Also like I said, modernizing and funds to do so. There are poor people living in nice houses because the landlord upgraded it for higher rent, as I am in that situation. Then there are middle classed people struggling to keep up their own ****ty houses. The difference between US and other countries is it's not what it seems; you don't know how well people are doing just by looking at their car or neighborhood. People in a capitalist society can keep up appearances and live beyond their means, and struggle to provide for themselves, while poor people get nice stuff sometimes because Uncle Sam says so.

And there are places in the US that rain a lot?! :lol: tell me the American climate, genius.

Christ, I have seen you post so much chit on this forum. You should really just do everyone a favour and stop posting.
I prefer british houses, the victorian look is so much cooler than the 'modern' look
No need to get so upset about this😂

Latest

Trending

Trending