The Student Room Group

Why Europeans dislike Islam in Europe?

Scroll to see replies

Europeans don't dislike Islam in general there are some bigots who are like that
Yes of course we have the right to defend our rights and beliefs in our own country from Islam or anything else that attacks us however other than a minority of nutters I don't see Islam attacking us in any way more than any other group.
Europeans don't like inferior cultures bringing bloodshed and destruction to their peaceful countries shocker!!
Original post by WhiteSatin
1. Who believes that Islam invades Europe silently?
2. Who doesn't believe it?

I can't answer your poll question. Neither.

I don't believe Islam is invading Europe. It's not like the Catholic Pope giving orders. Besides that, I don't actually care for any religion having a majority share in Europe. I'm an atheist. My parents are atheists. My Grandparents have never divulged beliefs or lack thereof, but don't go to church. Three of my Great-Grandparents were alive when I was a kid. None of them went to church and one of them was very vocally atheist. I'm European and I don't identify with Christianity. I have no use for it and I want no part in holy wars. We can't ban religion so would Christians practice their religion and Muslims practice their religion and the rest of us can ignore all of it?

That would be great.
They are actually more tolerant of it than most islamic countries of today. And an ever increasing number are reverting back to islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well the answer is a simple one. Europe is an extremely progressive collection of countries. Britain is actually one of the more conservative. Because of our liberalism we invite others to join us and rightly so.

However this progress in terms of feminism, gay rights, personal liberty and the gradual and ongoing movement against a culture which shames it's people for being unmarried and so on, was very hard won. it took decades of people chaining themselves to railings, a decade of gay people dieing of AIDS because authorities were unwilling to be seen to be helping 'perverts'.

All this progress is being threatened by the introduction of regressive ideas and behaviours in the form of Islam. Every liberal bone in my body screams that we have to be welcoming to these people, the war refugees especially. But the sad fact is that on the ground level Islam has altered the lives of a huge number of people in a manner that was not seen when we had in influx of black people in the 60's, was not seen when Sikhs formed communities here. The rise in right wing political parties across Europe is reactionary and defensive by people who desperately want to preserve a culture they fought hard to create.

Acceptance and tolerance is a huge part of progressive European democracies, but we shouldn't tolerate the intolerable, yet many people in power seem to be doing just that, as seen by the Rotherham police's inability to deal the the issues occurring in the Islamic community there for fear of being seen as Islamaphobic, which is a nonsense word anyway. Anti-muslim bigotry is a very real problem and we should (and are) fighting against it. But if you allow a culture with regressive views to thrive unchallenged then the rise of scum parties like UKIP, Britain First and the BNP is sadly inevitable.
^^^^ this.

Wherever "community cohesion" is considered more important than the safety of women and/or children these problems will continue unchecked.
Original post by Canucked
I can't answer your poll question. Neither.

I don't believe Islam is invading Europe. It's not like the Catholic Pope giving orders. Besides that, I don't actually care for any religion having a majority share in Europe. I'm an atheist. My parents are atheists. My Grandparents have never divulged beliefs or lack thereof, but don't go to church. Three of my Great-Grandparents were alive when I was a kid. None of them went to church and one of them was very vocally atheist. I'm European and I don't identify with Christianity. I have no use for it and I want no part in holy wars. We can't ban religion so would Christians practice their religion and Muslims practice their religion and the rest of us can ignore all of it?

That would be great.

Nicely put
Original post by anarchism101
Why's this relevant?

Because it challenges your Islam apologism and equivocation of Christianity and Islam which is because you have a distaste for European culture and tradition.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Because it challenges your Islam apologism and equivocation of Christianity and Islam which is because you have a distaste for European culture and tradition.

And Christians didn't coerce people into converting in the same period?

Take your axe and grind it somewhere else.
Original post by Shqiptare
And Christians didn't coerce people into converting in the same period?

Take your axe and grind it somewhere else.

Not to the same extent at all. They also didn't have the widespread use of sexual slavery or do anything like the Barbary slave trade in this period.

Islam has always been a brutal, imperialistic, slave driving religion that European Christians have had to defend themselves against. I don't blame the Bosniaks or Albanians for converting but i do have more respect ultimately for the Hajduk or Vlad Tepes.
Christianity is slowing dying in Europe. This has nothing to do with Islam. It's simply Christians abandoning their religion. It's called progress.
(edited 8 years ago)
"Regress".
Not to the same extent at all.

Indeed, to a much greater extent.

They also didn't have the widespread use of sexual slavery or do anything like the Barbary slave trade in this period.

True, but they did still engage in slavery (slavery was legal in all countries in Europe at the time), and they would have their equivalent not long afterwards.

Islam has always been a brutal, imperialistic, slave driving religion that European Christians have had to defend themselves against. I don't blame the Bosniaks or Albanians for converting but i do have more respect ultimately for the Hajduk or Vlad Tepes.

The same could be said fo Christianity in other parts of the world. The country signified in your avatar has a long record of carrying out aggression and atrocities against other Europeans, and of religious intolerance. One can easily trot out numberous examples. And for the record, while it's easy to have a romantic view of them, many Hajduks were little more than bandits or highwaymen.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shqiptare
Indeed, to a much greater extent.

True, but they did still engage in slavery (slavery was legal in all countries in Europe at the time), and they would have their equivalent not long afterwards.

The same could be said fo Christianity in other parts of the world. The country signified in your avatar has a long record of carrying out aggression and atrocities against other Europeans, and of religious intolerance. One can easily trot out numberous examples. And for the record, while it's easy to have a romantic view of them, many Hajduks were little more than bandits or highwaymen.

That's just a lie. European Christians never invaded and enslaved the Muslims like the Muslims did to the Christians. What is your evidence for that outrage claim?

Well it depends what time period you are talkjng about but slavery was illegal in England since the 13th century. Sexual slavery as practiced by the Ottomans was never utilised by European Christians on any kind of significant scale while Islam and in particular the Ottoman Empire practiced it for 15 centuries. The reason for this is that Islam is a political religion that glorifies conquest and brutalisation while Christianity just isn't.
That's just a lie. European Christians never invaded and enslaved the Muslims like the Muslims did to the Christians. What is your evidence for that outrage claim?

Well, we have for example, the attempt by the ruling dynasty in Spain to forcibly convert non-Catholics, both in Spain and in Latin America. The invading Hapsburgs in the Balkans systematically destroyed non-Christian communities. In the country signified by your avatar, under the terms of agreements between Catholics and Protestants, it was required that people adopt the ruler's religion or leave. They weren't even allowed to live there as second-class citizens.

Well it depends what time period you are talkjng about but slavery was illegal in England since the 13th century. Sexual slavery as practiced by the Ottomans was never utilised by European Christians on any kind of significant scale while Islam and in particular the Ottoman Empire practiced it for 15 centuries. The reason for this is that Islam is a political religion that glorifies conquest and brutalisation while Christianity just isn't.

Slavery was not common in England after the 12th century this is true (although it was never outlawed in Ireland or Wales), but it was in lots of other countries. In particular the Italian city states.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Open

Your

Eyes

Already

Girl!

Open her eyes to what exactly?
Reply 37
Criticising Islam and insulting Muslims are two very different things. A bit worrying that people cannot actually distinguish between these two things.
my dads a professor at bcot and I think muslims need to be deported on sight. support the Sikh defense league for the security of Sikh Britain! I'm a part time rapper, and in the ghettoes of chineham ive seen some bad things so I kinda know what im talking about.
Reply 39
Original post by singhlotathesikh
my dads a professor at bcot and I think muslims need to be deported on sight. support the Sikh defense league for the security of Sikh Britain! I'm a part time rapper, and in the ghettoes of chineham ive seen some bad things so I kinda know what im talking about.

Someone give this gentleman a medal. I unfortunately ran out after perusing the 'Religion' sub-forum.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending