The Student Room Group

Should Cannabis be legalised?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
But cannabis is particularly addictive in this sense

With a dependence rate of 9%? :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Yes it can. But cannabis is particularly addictive in this sense and can easily turn a recreational user into a habitual user. But with taxation we would be able to fund treatment programmes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm addicted to caffeine, and I don't even drink tea/coffee. I've never been addicted to weed/hash. This is purely anecdotal, but I know very few people addicted to weed. Bash a line of cocaine and you'll be wanting to top up 30 minutes later. How many habitual users do we see in Amsterdam?

Treatment programmes for alcohol and other drugs are already highly unsuccessful. I can't remember the stats, (it's my mothers line of work, she provides these treatment programs) and says they have a very low success rate, but it's better than 0.
Original post by @*=-+1!6
With a dependence rate of 9%? :s-smilie:

A recorded dependence rate is a country where it is illegal. That doesn't make it particularly reliable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JD1lla
I'm addicted to caffeine, and I don't even drink tea/coffee. I've never been addicted to weed/hash. This is purely anecdotal, but I know very few people addicted to weed. Bash a line of cocaine and you'll be wanting to top up 30 minutes later. How many habitual users do we see in Amsterdam?

Treatment programmes for alcohol and other drugs are already highly unsuccessful. I can't remember the stats, (it's my mothers line of work, she provides these treatment programs) and says they have a very low success rate, but it's better than 0.

I'm sure there are many people who use weed on a regular basis especially somewhere it is legal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Yass! So many reasons. Medical: Pain relief, migraines, insomnia. Recreational: more enjoyable than alcohol. Other: Aids in introspection, making life changes, helps with anxiety, stress etc etc. Also, if tobacco is legal, why not cannabis? Alcohol btw is way more damaging
Reply 25
i still don't get why people want to legalize weed instead of things like LSD/Mushrooms/DMT.

So much more fun.
A recorded dependence rate is a country where it is illegal. That doesn't make it particularly reliable.

Maybe but then what do you base your "particularly addictive" claim on?
Reply 27
Original post by JD1lla
i still don't get why people want to legalize weed instead of things like LSD/Mushrooms/DMT.

So much more fun.

I think that marijuana is the best high there is. Now mushrooms are awesome too, but they are more of deep entheogenic experience than a "high". Weed has more benefits too, like I stated before
Original post by JD1lla

So much more fun.

One step at a time, brother...
Reply 29
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
One step at a time, brother...

Real talk...

But I wouldn't want something like DMT to be legalized, decriminalized but I wouldn't want to see it on the streets.
Original post by JD1lla
Real talk...

But I wouldn't want something like DMT to be legalized, decriminalized but I wouldn't want to see it on the streets.

Should be mandatory for MPs to hit it once when they get elected.

But seriously, yeah that'd be a bit weird if you could get it in Sainsburys or something. Wonder how many nectar points you'd earn on an average purchase.
Reply 31
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Should be mandatory for MPs to hit it once when they get elected.

But seriously, yeah that'd be a bit weird if you could get it in Sainsburys or something. Wonder how many nectar points you'd earn on an average purchase.

You know I was thinking about this the other day?!

I dunno man, more of Tesco Club card kinda guy. £10 for a tab of Lucy, so 10 clubcard points. I convert my clubcard points into airmiles. Go on a nice trip somewhere. Whether that means on a plane or not I do not know.
Reply 32
Original post by ivy.98
I think that marijuana is the best high there is. Now mushrooms are awesome too, but they are more of deep entheogenic experience than a "high". Weed has more benefits too, like I stated before

Have you taken acid/dmt/cocaine/mdma/heroin/opium/LSZ/2cp/2ci etc?

Or bashed some MKAT just before anal sex? Pretty intense.
Reply 33
Original post by JD1lla
Have you taken acid/dmt/cocaine/mdma/heroin/opium/LSZ/2cp/2ci etc?

Or bashed some MKAT just before anal sex? Pretty intense.

I'd rather not share this on here lol :shh:
And naah mate, I'm still innocent :flutter:
At this time i'm quite unsure as to why it's not legalised, if people want to use it they will find someone who sells, it's so widespread at the moment. So why not make it legal, control it, and pull in lots of money through tax? It's obvious that the war on drugs is a battle already lost, especially when it's no worse than things already available.
Reply 35
Original post by ivy.98
I'd rather not share this on here lol :shh:
And naah mate, I'm still innocent :flutter:

fair enough.

Well you'll realize weed is very mediocre when you become a little less innocent. My favourite drug by far is alcohol though. LSD is close.

Things that are worse for you are always more fun.
Original post by JD1lla
You know I was thinking about this the other day?!

I dunno man, more of Tesco Club card kinda guy. £10 for a tab of Lucy, so 10 clubcard points. I convert my clubcard points into airmiles. Go on a nice trip somewhere. Whether that means on a plane or not I do not know.

It's a tenner a tab now? Jeez...
Reply 37
Original post by Captain Haddock
It's a tenner a tab now? Jeez...

Yep I didn't live through the golden era. Tenna for 100mg
Legalise it and take the money out of the hands of the Vietnamese gangs growing them in London!
Reply 39
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Legalise it and take the money out of the hands of the Vietnamese gangs growing them in London!

I knew it was vietnamese slaves, but gangs? I thought it was British in charge but using Vietnamese as slaves

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending