The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

how is life in Aberdeen ?

I would like to know what there is to do in Aberdeen ? I mean isn't it boring ???
Theres lots of things to do like any other city. Are you thinking as applying as a student?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Yeah I do, I have applied to the Law school .
I am affraid that the city is very remoted and small so life will be boring there
"I'm not even the type of student that cares much for a social life" - hmmm, that probably explains why you find Aberdeen boring.

I spent 4 years there as a student and loved it. I was into hillwalking, climbing and mountaineering, so it was a great place for me. But there are loads of sports clubs and societies too, they're all very active.

Yes, Aberdeen is isolated from other cities, but it has everything that other cities has - shopping centres, theatres, cinemas, bars, clubs, a beach and lots more - so the isolation doesn't matter. I loved my time there.
Reply 4
Thank you very much at the end I would go to Edinburgh as I got an offer from them and It seem nicer .
Cold, but awesome, as long as you have the right social group, Absolute Highlight- Summer beach parties up beyond the mouth of the Don.

Aberdonians are hedonists supreme, look at the Rowie/Aberdeen Roll for evidence.

The lamestream scene is as bad as anywhere else, but the heads are excellent...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending