The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

UClan Medicine or University of Aberdeen?

Hi. I have been accepted to Uclan medicine and Aberdeen with foundation and I'm unsure on which one to choose. My main concern is whether I will be accepted into Medical school after I take the UCAT. UClan does not require the UCAT for first year so I might have a higher chance of getting accepted I think. Aberdeen I believe requires a high UCAT score and I am scared of not passing. I am also concerned with atmosphere as for UClan I was accepted into Westlakes campus which does not seem to have many activities, whereas Aberdeen appears more lively.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi. I have been accepted to Uclan medicine and Aberdeen with foundation and I'm unsure on which one to choose. My main concern is whether I will be accepted into Medical school after I take the UCAT. UClan does not require the UCAT for first year so I might have a higher chance of getting accepted I think. Aberdeen I believe requires a high UCAT score and I am scared of not passing. I am also concerned with atmosphere as for UClan I was accepted into Westlakes campus which does not seem to have many activities, whereas Aberdeen appears more lively.

Hi there, how are you? :smile:

Great to hear that you are interested in UCLan!

We are currently under a UCAS embargo meaning we can't discuss applications during this time. If you want to send us a direct message with some details we will get back to you after 8am on Thursday 17 August.

If you are looking at UCLan as an option to carry out your studies let me tell you a bit more about life at our Westlakes campus. Our students have access to state-of-the-art facilities, including clinical skills laboratories as well as the benefit of free parking on campus and a friendly, supportive environment.

Campus is located within easy reach of Whitehaven which offers a number of restaurants, bars, supermarkets and high street stores. If you enjoy adventures then you’ll love spending your weekends in the nearby Lake District offering hiking, water sports and beautiful scenery.

Is there anything else I can tell you to help get to know UCLan better?

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, this is the Aberdeen rep account. Obviously this is a big decision that you will need to make on your own, and we certainly understand that the UCAT is a big factor that you may want to make your decision based on. If you would like however I would be happy to let you know some information about Aberdeen and the campus if you have any questions.

There's some information about the entry requirements such as the UCAT results in the following links.
Medicine MBChB programme: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree-programmes/796/A100/medicine-5-years/
You can have a look at the academic and non-academic requirements by following this link: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/entrance-requirements.php

We have some information about our Foresterhill Medical Campus where the Medical Science courses are taught you can look here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/about/campus/foresterhill-390.php
We also have a page with information about studying STEM at Aberdeen here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/stem-5835.php

Hope this helps and we'd be very happy to discuss anything to give you a better picture of the degree with us ahead of making your choice.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending