The Student Room Group

The North Lindsey College bashing thread

Has anybody here ever been to a college in Scunthorpe called North Lindsey College?

The senior management there are complete dicks. They bully disabled people and make decisions that discriminate against disabled people, and they stick up for members of staff who bully learners but never the learners.

They always say just ignore it to the victims and take no further action but enforce all the rules and procedures down to every last comma and full stop if the victim fights back.

They boast about giving everybody equal opportunities but often fail to live up to that.

They give disabled people false, misleading or otherwise incomplete information with things, then give punishment for following that information such as withdrawing the person from their course, then when they try to appeal against this, are given a response as good as f off.

The senior management have no empathy whatsoever.

I had the misfortune of having to deal with a member of senior management there called Kit Sargent who when I tried appealing against being withdrawn from a course I was happily on, gave me a response as good as f off, telling me I can't apply for any course there until September 2017!!!!!!!

Anybody else here been there and had something similar happen to them?
Oh and here is their website: www.northlindsey.ac.uk
Original post by ExclusiveGlue
Oh and here is their website: www.northlindsey.ac.uk

lool, y tho :rofl:

thanks, i wanted to do a btec in applied table laying
Original post by somemightsay888
lool, y tho :rofl:

thanks, i wanted to do a btec in applied table laying
I don't think they even offer such a course. :no:

Do you have a spare £200million knocking around? If so, please buy that college and reinstate me on my course in Motor Veichle and fire all the Senior Management.
Reply 4
Has anybody here ever been to a college in Scunthorpe called North Lindsey College?

The senior management there are complete dicks. They bully disabled people and make decisions that discriminate against disabled people, and they stick up for members of staff who bully learners but never the learners.

They always say just ignore it to the victims and take no further action but enforce all the rules and procedures down to every last comma and full stop if the victim fights back.

They boast about giving everybody equal opportunities but often fail to live up to that.

They give disabled people false, misleading or otherwise incomplete information with things, then give punishment for following that information such as withdrawing the person from their course, then when they try to appeal against this, are given a response as good as f off.

The senior management have no empathy whatsoever.

I had the misfortune of having to deal with a member of senior management there called Kit Sargent who when I tried appealing against being withdrawn from a course I was happily on, gave me a response as good as f off, telling me I can't apply for any course there until September 2017!!!!!!!

Anybody else here been there and had something similar happen to them?

That's terrible. Have you tried threatening them with legal action? Under the 2010 equality act, discrimination against disabled people is illegal.

You might want to seek legal advice for this. A solicitor might be willing to do it pro bono.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
That's terrible. Have you tried threatening them with legal action? Under the 2010 equality act, discrimination against disabled people is illegal.

You might want to seek legal advice for this. A solicitor might be willing to do it pro bono.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One, I have hardly any money and two, when I threatened them with legal action they said I'm welcome to try but their lawyers will kick my a$$!

What caused my withdrawal was my course tutor lying by saying I got aggressive with him when I didn't and just wanted to speak nicely to him, and senior management believed him because other members of staff were sticking up for him by lying about me too.

They will always stick up for each other but never the learner!
Reply 6
One, I have hardly any money and two, when I threatened them with legal action they said I'm welcome to try but their lawyers will kick my a$$!

What caused my withdrawal was my course tutor lying by saying I got aggressive with him when I didn't and just wanted to speak nicely to him, and senior management believed him because other members of staff were sticking up for him by lying about me too.

They will always stick up for each other but never the learner!

Try contacting a solicitor and asking for pro bono. That means that they work for free. Citizens Advice may be able to offer advice. This is free to use.

You may be able to get a conditional fee agreement. This is often referred to as no win no fee. In court, the loosing party usually has to pay legal costs.

You definitely have a case, however you need proper legal advice and representation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Try contacting a solicitor and asking for pro bono. That means that they work for free. Citizens Advice may be able to offer advice. This is free to use.

You may be able to get a conditional fee agreement. This is often referred to as no win no fee. In court, the loosing party usually has to pay legal costs.

You definitely have a case, however you need proper legal advice and representation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then if I win, they probably would neither let me back on my course again or let me apply for any others because they'd hate me even more because their profits are dented by paying me compensation. Or is it likely they'd be ordered to reinstate me or let me apply for another course as mentioned?
Reply 8
Then if I win, they probably would neither let me back on my course again or let me apply for any others because they'd hate me even more because their profits are dented by paying me compensation. Or is it likely they'd be ordered to reinstate me or let me apply for another course as mentioned?

If you won, the court would probably order that you be reinstated as you were unfairly excluded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been in a similar situation at another college. Apparently, despite the Equalities Act, there's supposedly no law saying they have to make reasonable adjustments and my psychiatrist and audiologist are both liars. Lol, ok. Apparently, I just need counselling too.
Original post by OU Student
I've been in a similar situation at another college. Apparently, despite the Equalities Act, there's supposedly no law saying they have to make reasonable adjustments and my psychiatrist and audiologist are both liars. Lol, ok. Apparently, I just need counselling too.

Was it a thing where you were withdrawn from your course and then when you tried to appeal, you got a response no better than **** off?

Care to share your story?
Was it a thing where you were withdrawn from your course and then when you tried to appeal, you got a response no better than fk off?

Care to share your story?

I didn't even bother enrolling. I wasn't going to bother enrolling at a college where SENCO had no idea of disability at all. They even told me that when it gets too loud and I go non verbal, (which as the name suggests, I can't talk) I have to put my hand up and then I can walk out. But if I need the toilet, I can just walk out.
I've attended that college numerous times throughout my life, and I'll be starting a teacher training course there in January.

My younger brother has autism and they were very poor at looking after him too, if possible I'd recommend going to John Leggott college instead, they treated my brother with far more respect. I fear they are simply ill equipped when it comes to disability assistance.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
I've attended that college numerous times throughout my life, and I'll be starting a teacher training course there in January.

My younger brother has autism and they were very poor at looking after him too, if possible I'd recommend going to John Leggott college instead, they treated my brother with far more respect. I fear they are simply ill equipped when it comes to disability assistance.

Did they let him start a course but withdraw him halfway through and if so what for?

Did they always give him false or incomplete information and then punish him for going by that information?

I just can't believe how the college think they are above the law and can manage to get away with impunity! :banghead:

There was one person there who was lovely to me and really cared about me and showed empathy towards me. They were called Caroline. She was very disappointed to see what happened to me.

If you are reading this Caroline, I can't thank you enough and hope senior management haven't given you any grief.
I don't think they even offer such a course. :no:

Do you have a spare £200 million knocking around? If so, please buy that college and reinstate me on my course in Motor Vehicle and fire all the Senior Management.

Don't think that anyone would be able to buy that college out - however, chances are you could appeal against them as you were unfairly treated.

Though haven't you made another thread about this? This seems familiar....
Original post by spotify95
Don't think that anyone would be able to buy that college out - however, chances are you could appeal against them as you were unfairly treated.

Though haven't you made another thread about this? This seems familiar....

Yeah, but it was removed for inciting violence.

I have been suggesting to people in my area to boycott the college, but they appear to be on the college's side. :sadnod:
Lmao not sure if these comments are genuine , but from the looks of it , this is a **** af college.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lmao not sure if these comments are genuine , but from the looks of it , this is a **** af college.

I agree. They also had the nerve to get the police involved after I left a one star rating and a negative review on their Facebook page! :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending