The Student Room Group

A2 chemistry help!

1) The dissociation constant of phenol in water at 20 degrees Celsius is 1.21*10^-10 mol dm-3. Calculate the % of phenol which is ionised in a solution of concentration 0.0100 mol dm-3.

Answer: 0.0110%

2) If the acid HA is 1% ionised in a solution of concentration 0.0100 mol dm-3, calculate a) ka b) pka.

Answer: a) 10^-6 b) 6

Any help on the above questions will be appreciated. Thank you!
Original post by teajan
1) The dissociation constant of phenol in water at 20 degrees Celsius is 1.21*10^-10 mol dm-3. Calculate the % of phenol which is ionised in a solution of concentration 0.0100 mol dm-3.

2) If the acid HA is 1% ionised in a solution of concentration 0.0100 mol dm-3, calculate a) ka b) pka.

Do you know the formula for the dissociation constant?
Reply 2
I hope i have helped you with your questions i am also giving the exam tomorow . I really hope i do well .. GOOD LUCK 😄
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Original post by teajan

Reply 3
Thank you! Hope your exam goes well, good luck!
Original post by nik7
I hope i have helped you with your questions i am also giving the exam tomorow . I really hope i do well .. GOOD LUCK 😄
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Quick Reply

Latest