The Student Room Group

HELP im horrible at module 2 OCR chemistry

Im in yr 12 currently and i need some advice on how to improve on OCR module 2 chemistry only the physical chemistry parts
I think im not good at it as i cant apply my gcse chemistry knowledge cause i never learnt how to do equations or the maths part properly
I have my mocks in a few weeks so i really need to improve.
I don’t understand tho how im getting As and A stars in organic chemistry but failing badly in physical chem. Tbh my physical chem teacher is a horrible teacher and i never learn anything from him.
Original post by billiefan
Im in yr 12 currently and i need some advice on how to improve on OCR module 2 chemistry only the physical chemistry parts
I think im not good at it as i cant apply my gcse chemistry knowledge cause i never learnt how to do equations or the maths part properly
I have my mocks in a few weeks so i really need to improve.
I don’t understand tho how im getting As and A stars in organic chemistry but failing badly in physical chem. Tbh my physical chem teacher is a horrible teacher and i never learn anything from him.

If your chem teacher isn't good, you'll have to do something about it yourself!

So: do past papers. Physical chem has a lot of the same questions year-on-year and you can definitely learn the format (which helps).

There's a book I used back in the day (Calculations in AS/A2 level Chemistry by Jim Clark), which I found incredibly helpful - it basically walks you through all the maths you need in the context of A level calculation questions.
Reply 2
Original post by cactus11235813
If your chem teacher isn't good, you'll have to do something about it yourself!

So: do past papers. Physical chem has a lot of the same questions year-on-year and you can definitely learn the format (which helps).

There's a book I used back in the day (Calculations in AS/A2 level Chemistry by Jim Clark), which I found incredibly helpful - it basically walks you through all the maths you need in the context of A level calculation questions.

I followed your advise previously and did a lot of exam style questions and watched a ton of youtube videos. Overall in my end of yr 12 mocks i managed to get an A !!!! and was just a few marks off an A star
Original post by billiefan
I followed your advise previously and did a lot of exam style questions and watched a ton of youtube videos. Overall in my end of yr 12 mocks i managed to get an A !!!! and was just a few marks off an A star

Congratulations - that's great!! Good luck with uni applications and year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest